Thread: Hi

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.75 MB

Hi

Hi all, mostly a SP gamer but thinking about dipping my toe into MP with CLOD

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Re: Hi

Welcome to the forum.

Do you own any of the games yet (Cliffs of Dover: Blitz, or Cliffs of Dover - Destert Wings: Tobruk)?

Here are screenshots posted by users from a recent online game:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...l=1#post378195
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

3. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hi Von Suppel......Welcome to 'Cliffs of Dover.' It's good to have you here. It's also excellent to read that you are thinking about joining multiplayer. I think you are making a wise choice.

My experience with this sim has been similar to yours. I finally built a computer that could handle the sim in 2015 and for the whole of that year I flew on single player only. I was sure that 'on-line' playing was full of awful people, criminals and bad guys, who would be 'out to get me' in one way or another, so I stayed away from multiplayer.

Finally, after a year of single player I got tired of shooting down unresisting AI aircraft and curiosity drove me to try the 'Axis and Allies' Server. I felt like I was intruding on someone's 'private club' but I persevered and after about five minutes found myself dangling from a parachute over Dover Harbour! I had been quickly shot down by a Bf 109....but it was thrilling...real combat........and from that moment on, I was hooked!

I stuck with multiplayer...downloaded Team Speak...and suddenly I could talk..... chat.... and laugh with other like minded players. They quickly taught me how to survive in the world of multiplayer, where some of the best sim piloits exist! And I found everybody to be very helpful, supportive, encouraging...creative. You will find this Community of ours is truly unique. Though we spend most of the time trying to kill each other...our Community is a real force for good! Ha ha!

When you are 'up and running' and ready to give multiplayer a try, let us know and we can give you a tour of the servers and the battle area at a time that suits you. Do try and download Team Speak, if you haven't already, so we can chat to you on-line. It's 'free'...... will save lots of time and cut this sims tough learning curve by weeks. Here's a link that might be useful:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...read.php?t=732

It's a little bit old now but is still relevent. Have fun and hope to see you in our Cliffs of Dover' skies soon. Salute!

5. Likes TWC_Trooper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

Welcome aboard VonSupple!
    Cliffs is great SP and MP, so either one, if you chose to go MP then definitely feel free to check out the group's Team Speak, always more fun with other people about

7. Likes TWC_Trooper liked this post