Thread: Sound issues

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    24.74 MB

Question Sound issues

S!

With latest update 5.029 I have experienced sound issues accompanied with slight stops or stutters when this happens. I hear a crackling sound or snap and at the same time screen can stop or stutter for a split second. It is not regular. What I have tried so far: latest WHQL drivers for my onboard Realtek soundcard, latest updates for Windows, setting sound quality to 16-bit / 44100kHz, no enhancements on, disabling all other sound devices except the Realtek, removing privileges of the software to use speakers etc. Not running any background programs except TeamSpeak, FreeTrack, Steam and the game itself. Antivirus has been given exceptions to Blitz/Tobruk. Any tips very much appreciated. Otherwise the game runs very well and having no crashes either. All drivers used are of latest WHQL available. No forced settings, application controlled where possible.
    Rig for gaming...

Intel i5 10600K 4.1GHz CPU, MSI Z490-A Pro mobo, 32Gb DDR4 @ 3200MHz, AMD Radeon 6700XT 12Gb, Samsung/WD SSD for OS/Games, TMWH throttle, Virpil WarBRD base + MongoosT grip, MFG CrossWind, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    478.84 MB

Re: Sound issues

Was it with the new spitfire sounds?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    24.74 MB

S!

Happens in all planes, not only 110 or Hurricane.
    Rig for gaming...

Intel i5 10600K 4.1GHz CPU, MSI Z490-A Pro mobo, 32Gb DDR4 @ 3200MHz, AMD Radeon 6700XT 12Gb, Samsung/WD SSD for OS/Games, TMWH throttle, Virpil WarBRD base + MongoosT grip, MFG CrossWind, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Stutters typically mean there are crash files being written.
    Can you please clean your "cppcrash" folder, run the mission and post any crash files for the TF team to look at?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    24.74 MB

S!

Will do Colander It seems I got the sound issues tackled by disabling the onboard Realtek soundcard and switching to my USB soundcard(on headphones).

EDIT: Seems I celebrated too early, still got snaps and crackles both online and offline. So it is related to something else now. And game has not created and crashdumps either. Back to testing...
    Last edited by Flanker35M; Jan-26-2022 at 15:22.
    Rig for gaming...

6. Likes ATAG_Colander liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.91 MB

Sounds like a hardware issue to me, but I'm using Realtek onboard soundcard also and it works fine. It could be something do to with the 3rd party sound engine, but I honestly have no idea.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    24.74 MB

S!

Tested DCS and other games, no issues there. No crackling or stuttering. I do not OC my system either so basically all is default.

EDIT: Might have found the culprit, but doing some more testing. Sounds did not crackle anymore or stutter.
    Last edited by Flanker35M; Jan-27-2022 at 11:44.
    Rig for gaming...

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    24.74 MB

S!

Tested now both offline and online. No sound crackling or stuttering accompanied with it. The reason was quite odd: VSync settings of my GPU. I had the Enhanced Sync enabled in my GPU drivers and VSync OFF in game. The game did not like this for some reason causing the snaps and crackles with stutters. I tested with in game VSync on too, but same results if Enhanced Sync was enabled. So I turned Enhanced Sync OFF and in game VSync ON thus letting game control it. Result: no more crackling sounds or stutters.

What makes this interesting is that in DCS I have Enhanced Sync on without issues. So what is causing the anomaly in Blitz/Tobruk? How can VSync affect sounds? Nevertheless happy to have the game back as it should be.
    Last edited by Flanker35M; Jan-28-2022 at 09:50.
    Rig for gaming...

10. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Slipstream liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Flanker35M View Post
    S!

Tested now both offline and online. No sound crackling or stuttering accompanied with it. The reason was quite odd: VSync settings of my GPU. I had the Enhanced Sync enabled in my GPU drivers and VSync OFF in game. The game did not like this for some reason causing the snaps and crackles with stutters. I tested with in game VSync on too, but same results if Enhanced Sync was enabled. So I turned Enhanced Sync OFF and in game VSync ON thus letting game control it. Result: no more crackling sounds or stutters.

What makes this interesting is that in DCS I have Enhanced Sync on without issues. So what is causing the anomaly in Blitz/Tobruk? How can VSync affect sounds? Nevertheless happy to have the game back as it should be.
    VSynch has some options too. My system demands "VSynch Fast" to prevent some unwanted behaviors. It's good advice to experiment with the 3D options in NVidia Control Panel to find what works best for you.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

12. Likes ATAG_Slipstream liked this post