Thread: "The Fearsome Foursome" a short video with George Novotny of the 325th FG and action

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

"The Fearsome Foursome" a short video with George Novotny of the 325th FG and action

"The Fearsome Foursome". A homage to four Pilots of the 325th Fighter Group, "The Checkertail Clan"
    78-years-ago on today's date, four pilots of the 325th Fighter Group were given the nickname "The Fearsome Foursome"
    I spoke with George Novotny, the last surviving Fighter Ace of the 325th Fighter Group (and one of those four pilots) in 2015 and recorded some of his thoughts on video at his home in Florida.
    I do have a lot more footage of George, but that will be shared another day when I get around to it.

This video is created as a memorial to the men who flew the Thunderbolts in action during their service with the 317th Fighter Squadron and who went by the name of "The Fearsome Foursome".
    Those pilots were George Novotny, Herschel Green, Cecil Dean and Edsel Paulk.

"The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

2. Likes Stormrider, LARRY69, Silent135, Dauntless liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Re: "The Fearsome Foursome" a short video with George Novotny of the 325th FG and act

On January 30th 1944, the 325th Fighter Group attacked an airbase in the Udine Valley.
    I have covered that story in detail in Part 1 of my Checkertail Documentaries, the link to which can be found here:

The incident is discussed at the 1 hour, 12 minute and 25 second mark.
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

4. Likes Stormrider, Dauntless liked this post