Thread: Authentikit additions and paint job

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    52.91 MB

Authentikit additions and paint job

Hi All
    As some of you know I have been trying out the Authentikit replica spitfire controls . I decided that the 3d printed parts looked too clean so I decide to put some of my model weathering experience to use on the throttle quadrant , and trim wheels . In the pic the weathering looks harsh , due to the closeness but it is a little more subtle in reality and I am pleased with it , also I added the the chassis lever to the collection , a but have not weathered or scratched it up yet I paint the handle knob, and center screw in bronze , but will try a more brass effect after seeing some archive pictures

throttle (2).jpg

throttle (2).jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0590.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_0592.jpg
    Chassis lever finished now weathered up nice, JacksMaxx says I should go the whole hog and get the spade grip , still researching it though I am not entirely sure of its strength ,not the way I fly my spit anyway. It is a consideration though watch this space for it
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ATAG_Eshark; Feb-08-2022 at 11:08.
    [COLOR="#B22222"]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900k CPU @ 24 Core/32 Thread processor , RTX4090,Win 11 64 Bit , 64GB Corsair DDR5 Ram

DOF Reality Motion Platform P3,Virpril constellation grip & TM50 Mongoose base , TM Warthog HOTAS,MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals ,TM MFG X2 ,TM Warthog Hotas,TIR5,Authentikit Flight Stick fir Mk9 Spit,Throttle quadrant ,Rudder Trim wheel and Elevator Trim wheel, VR Quest 3 a handsome talented pilot

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

Re: Authentikit additions and paint job

look really good, what is the resistance like on the different controls
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Me liky!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    52.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_JackMaxx View Post
    look really good, what is the resistance like on the different controls
    Hi Jacks the resistance for the quadrant levers ,mixture , throttle, airscrew are good they are set during construction , and can be to what ever the builder feels is good for their own use. They are adjusted in the hall sensor as I said during construction using nothing more complicated than three screw adjusted to suit. The trim wheels are set in the same way . the chassis lever is spring loaded , and gives good movement from the lever, and the little mechanism showing hydraulic idle when undercarriage is either up or down
    [COLOR="#B22222"]

Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-13900k CPU @ 24 Core/32 Thread processor , RTX4090,Win 11 64 Bit , 64GB Corsair DDR5 Ram

DOF Reality Motion Platform P3,Virpril constellation grip & TM50 Mongoose base , TM Warthog HOTAS,MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals ,TM MFG X2 ,TM Warthog Hotas,TIR5,Authentikit Flight Stick fir Mk9 Spit,Throttle quadrant ,Rudder Trim wheel and Elevator Trim wheel, VR Quest 3 a handsome talented pilot

5. Likes ATAG_Pattle, TWC_Trooper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

I reckon you could set up a tidy business selling these kits mate.

7. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot Screamadelica's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    588.65 MB

Wow! Looks awesome. Well done, great weathering.
    Intel I7 - 11700K CPU @ 3.60 GHZ, Nvidia RTX 3080, Evo 970 SSD 1TB, Ram 32GB , Win 10 64 Bit. Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and MSFFB 2, CH Throttle Quadrant, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Falcon Gear Trim Unit, Track IR5.

9. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    26.3 KB

Freaking awesome. Or as my friends across the pond would say, Jolly good ol' chap !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    52.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by _Trooper View Post
    Freaking awesome. Or as my friends across the pond would say, Jolly good ol' chap !
    Absolutely old bean , what what
    [COLOR="#B22222"]

12. Likes TWC_Trooper, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    26.3 KB

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    52.91 MB

Hi All
    I am undertaking another epic Authentikit build this time the rudder peddle mod for my MFG Crosswinds, when I say epic I mean it this is a two day print for each peddle . Also I am printing out parts for the flight stick , flaps lever , and gun sight when all complete I will post completed project . Up to now I am impressed with Authentikit
    [
    342B531B-B840-4A53-A0DC-D33520BB0ECE.jpeg43AB91BF-754B-4996-A7EC-62FE2AD53069.jpeg
    [COLOR="#B22222"]

15. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Slot, 1lokos liked this post
    ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.10 MB

Nice!

Been watching Authentikit for a while and am waiting for son to get 3D printer to have a go.

Good selection of control types for CLOD aircraft and and seeing if future Mosi dual one can be used for Welli.

This project definitely looks really impressive.

Last edited by ATAG_Slot; Sep-19-2022 at 09:27. Reason: Spelling
    Win10 x64, i5-10600K CPU @ 4.1GHz, ASUS RTX 3060Ti 8GB, 16GB(DDR4 3600MHz XMP) RAM, Dell 2560x1440 27" 165hz, Microsoft FFB2, Edtracker(wireless).
    Nvidia driver version: 537.58

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Eshark View Post
    The boost restriction lever in this throttle work as expected?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    52.91 MB

Ok Rudder peddles done what a great addition , slight issue with the right peddle out of alignment slightly this is more to do with my MFG’s they are old and a little wear and test has made the irregularity. But I will adjust the positioning of the peddle and this should rectify the deviation . I may try and print a larger toe brake stop as well as there is slight movement in this too. 734BD235-37EE-4EAF-A6A5-E691F3878D88.jpeg
    [COLOR="#B22222"]

19. Likes ATAG_JackMaxx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    52.91 MB

Hi All
    Rudder peddle mod for MFG complete , all tweaks complete and alignment done , not a great deal of work and done quite quickly . Everything is working correctly and accurately very impressed indeed. Did the paint job by hand lovley

rudder peddle.jpg
    Last edited by ATAG_Eshark; Sep-28-2022 at 05:44.
    [COLOR="#B22222"]

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    52.91 MB

Re: Authentikit additions and paint job Project complete

Hi all
    Well that’s it my Authentikit journey has come to an end for now . I have managed to build the stick find a modified base to centre mount on the motion platform , not easy a lot of lifting grunting unscrewing and cursing of the platform designers for not including a easier mounting option . Everything checked buttons working axis great . Just got to tune in the sim then I might be able to get back to flying the sim . It’s been an interesting few months , from learning to 3D print parts , to draining and modifying existing mounts to accommodate my madness BD3B859F-0229-4168-AB96-3CFD51761983.jpeg
    [COLOR="#B22222"]

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Ive been looking to add a 3d scanner/printer to my arsenal. This post just solidifies the fact that I must own one! Besides Ive got 1000 RONCO Ideas in my head LOL.

23. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

Re: Authentikit additions and paint job Project complete

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Eshark View Post
    Hi all
    Well that’s it my Authentikit journey has come to an end for now . I have managed to build the stick find a modified base to centre mount on the motion platform , not easy a lot of lifting grunting unscrewing and cursing of the platform designers for not including a easier mounting option . Everything checked buttons working axis great . Just got to tune in the sim then I might be able to get back to flying the sim . It’s been an interesting few months , from learning to 3D print parts , to draining and modifying existing mounts to accommodate my madness BD3B859F-0229-4168-AB96-3CFD51761983.jpeg
    It looks very impressive, congratulations on a job well done
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

25. Likes Razorback, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

" Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible."

<S>
    I love it LOL

You made me laugh, so let me attempt to return the favor....

I was in a car accident last week, Buick pulled out in front of me, and I became an involuntary RammJaeger : ) Everyone was fine, well not everyone, Mr Buick died on the scene (Bled Out), and Mrs Murano , she no look so good.... no.
    I have had herds of lawyers bugging me. Like the big firm types..... I already have that covered, but they just cannot seem to be able to help themselve, and around 75 % asks Who do you have???? In which I reply
    Dewey Screwem & Howe .... Totally oblivious to where it originated.
    Last edited by Razorback; Oct-07-2022 at 22:27.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    52.91 MB

[COLOR="#B22222"]

Novice Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

This may be a stupid question, but I do not know much about 3d printers. Is it possible they make a filament for mould making purposes? If they do, WOW It really wouldnt take much to sand cast aluminum versions or your awesome pedals.
    Ive tinkered with it in the past with Brass. The mould making isnt hard if its a wax style disolving mould. couple sprues and well packed mould . Id wager you could get yourself Aluminum versions with no more effort than you obviously have put forth in what I see.

Of course I do NOT want to inspire you to burn your shop down either

P.S. I was only thinking about the longevity of plastic, being that they are pedals. Dont get me wrong, Im totally blown away by your work.
    Last edited by Razorback; Oct-09-2022 at 02:57.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    52.91 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    The boost restriction lever in this throttle work as expected?
    Hi 1Lokos
    Sorry for the late reply yes the boost lever works just fine , if I remember correctly it uses a micro switch which is assigned to the boost cut off in game , the throttle lever is set to 100 % throttle by design , after that the boost lever is pushed forward of the 100% and activated by the micro switch . That said how you build the throttle quadrant is important , and the hall sensor placement and orientation is crucial for this all to work like clock work , a good build will yield good results.
    [COLOR="#B22222"]