Thread: Thrustmaster Throttle "Wake-Up"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Thrustmaster Throttle "Wake-Up"

Some of us using the Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog throttle(s) have noticed the need to "Wake-Up" the right throttle lever before it responds in game. Mine is programmed for Spitfire propeller pitch while another player is using his to control the engine throttle. In both cases we find it necessary to move the right thrustmaster lever through most of its travel before the control, (throttle or prop pitch) will start to work in the virtual cockpit. After "Waking" it up like this, it works until the mission is restarted. At the next engine start, I must "Wake it up" again.

Before complaining to TM Tech support, I'd like to have more than a couple of reports of this minor problem. I request that anyone with this controller take a moment to see if you also need to do this before the right lever only will work. Post your results in this thread, please.

EDIT: It occurs to me that there are two TARGET versions: TARGET GUI and TARGET Script Editor.

All readers: Since it may be a factor, please include which version, if either, that you are using when replying to this thread.
    Last edited by Baffin; Sep-16-2022 at 11:00.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    24.74 MB

Re: Thrustmaster Throttle "Wake-Up"

S!

Have noticed the same and therefore I move all axes on my controllers before starting up Blitz/Tobruk or any other sim. Or at latest do it on tarmac before startup.
    Rig for gaming...

Intel i5 10600K 4.1GHz CPU, MSI Z490-A Pro mobo, 32Gb DDR4 @ 3200MHz, AMD Radeon 6700XT 12Gb, Samsung/WD SSD for OS/Games, TMWH throttle, Virpil WarBRD base + MongoosT grip, MFG CrossWind, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit

3. Likes Baffin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Hi Baffin, I've not had the problem on mine.

5. Likes Baffin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

I use the Warthog and have not ever had the problem. I do not use Target.

I7 12700K @ 4.8Ghz|RTX 3080Ti|32GB DDR4|1TB NvMe l LG OLED 48”TV|1440P @120Hz|VKB STECS l VKB Gunfighter III/100mm extension l MFG V3 Pedals l Falcon Gear Quadrant l TIR 5 l Cloud X Headphone|Widows 11, C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz|20Mbs dl, 2Mbs ul

7. Likes Baffin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Thanks for the qualifier. I do use TARGET, but the other guy who brought this to my attention does not.

...It occurs to me that there are two TARGET versions: TARGET GUI and TARGET Script Editor.

All readers: Since it may be a factor, please include which version, if either, that you are using when replying to this thread.
    Last edited by Baffin; Feb-19-2022 at 10:43.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    24.74 MB

S!

To clarify. I do not use TARGET or any other software. But sometimes I have to "wake" axis on the throttle.
    Rig for gaming...

Intel i5 10600K 4.1GHz CPU, MSI Z490-A Pro mobo, 32Gb DDR4 @ 3200MHz, AMD Radeon 6700XT 12Gb, Samsung/WD SSD for OS/Games, TMWH throttle, Virpil WarBRD base + MongoosT grip, MFG CrossWind, Windows 11 Pro 64-bit

10. Likes Baffin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.46 MB

No issues with the throttle here. No Target software in use.
    Greetings
    matkenhauser

12. Likes Baffin liked this post
    Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    12.95 MB

Confirmed. I observe the same with a G940. I bet on an exception when an old custom.mis exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Flanker35M View Post
    S!

To clarify. I do not use TARGET or any other software. But sometimes I have to "wake" axis on the throttle.
    Last edited by GANIX; Feb-24-2022 at 05:48.

14. Likes Baffin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    818.69 MB

I do not use Target software. In the control setup under aircraft-axes the controls are all based on a middle detent position but the prop pitch,throttle and others should be 0 to 100% for calibration. Could this be the issue? Not a huge deal as long as you move the axes control first when in game. I am assuming this would be true no matter what product you use.
    There's something good waitin' down this road
    I'm pickin' up whatever's mine.
    "Tom Petty...Runnin' Down A Dream...Full Moon Fever"

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Quote Originally Posted by TWC_Birdtail View Post
    I do not use Target software. In the control setup under aircraft-axes the controls are all based on a middle detent position but the prop pitch,throttle and others should be 0 to 100% for calibration. Could this be the issue? Not a huge deal as long as you move the axes control first when in game. I am assuming this would be true no matter what product you use.
    I find this to be true with all analog axes... If I don't move them at least a little then the sim assumes they are in the closed position...maybe not true of the X and Y axes used for the joystick, but definitely on all sliders. Many times I think my rad is wide open because the lever is at that position, only to destroy my engine because the sim thinks the rad is still closed. Really need to be patient and exercise all axes when spawning in. Adds to the immersion too if we act at least a little bit like real pilots in a real aircraft!
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

I think this is the correct analysis. Sometimes we start with the controls matching the startup "Position", but just as often, they are not. "Initializing" our axes is the obvious solution, so I plan not to bitch to Thrustmaster. We need to be aware that all axes need a warmup before flight.

Thanks to all who provided a response to this minor issue. Go in peace!

18. Likes Kendy for the State liked this post