Thread: Virpil Confuser.ini Settings Sought

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Virpil Confuser.ini Settings Sought

All

Help! I have the following configuration that I want to get working in preparation for the VR CloD update:

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip
    VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Base
    VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle
    VPC ACE Interceptor Pedals

I've tried to use the Wizard to set the system up, but, because I installed CloD on my D:\ drive, I believe there are issues, which means it doesn't seem to save. Also, because my main interface is my VR headset, I only have a clunky old monitor, so the Wizard has the clickable buttons off screen, unless I go to Portrait mode :-(.

I've tried using the interface within the game to set the settings, but that seems to get interrupted by a couple of 'noisy' buttons that transmit all the time.

So, does anyone happen to have a setup that matches mine using CloD and could share their working Confuser.ini file that works?

Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: Virpil Confuser.ini Settings Sought

Hello ArPrince,

Sadly that won't work as copy/paste as the USB bus one has the devices connected to will be different to yours.
    Regarding the Wizard, it is strange that you get errors saving as it should be saving to your "my documents" folder under "1C i don't remember the rest". Perhaps you ran the game as administrator and the wizard as a normal user hence, the folder created by the game is not writable by the wizard.

Another thing you can try is configuring some controls with the game and then edit the .ini file. That way you will at least see the name the game is recognizing for your controller and then use it to copy/paste to the other controls.

Hope that helps

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    Hello ArPrince,

Sadly that won't work as copy/paste as the USB bus one has the devices connected to will be different to yours.
    Regarding the Wizard, it is strange that you get errors saving as it should be saving to your "my documents" folder under "1C i don't remember the rest". Perhaps you ran the game as administrator and the wizard as a normal user hence, the folder created by the game is not writable by the wizard.

Another thing you can try is configuring some controls with the game and then edit the .ini file. That way you will at least see the name the game is recognizing for your controller and then use it to copy/paste to the other controls.

Hope that helps
    Thanks for the quick reply. I knew it wasn't going to be that simple!
    I don't think I set up the game as Admin, but I'll give running the Wizard as Admin and see what happens.
    I don't get errors with the Wizard, it just tells me it's saving the file, I can't then find any confuser.ini file anywhere that is showing as having been created or amended.
    I was going to continue to play with the controls via the game and via the .ini file - I was hoping for a short cut
    Thanks again.

Supporting Member 9./JG52_J-HAT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    266.37 MB

Turn off steam cloud for the game. This will prevent Steam overwriting your ini files.
    Also make sure you don’t have old CloD installed. If you had it installed at some, make sure its 1C SoftClub/Cliffs of Dover folder (usually under Documents) has been completely deleted.
    Also make sure the above mentioned folder is not saved under a OneDrive folder. This may cause overwriting problems by the game / wizard.

Also, what happens when you assign the axis and buttons from the game interface? Then save as just in case and see where the prompt leads you to. If you save as after applying you should also get s copy of your bindings which you could move to the proper 1C SoftClub/CloD folder later on.

I always keep a backup of all my ini just in case.
    i7 13700KF @5.3 Ghz | RTX 4090 526.86 1440p | 32 Gb RAM 6000 | Win10 64 bit | TrackIR 5 | VKB Gunfighter III | MFG Crosswind V2 | Warthog Throttle | Reverb G2 100% SteamVR SS

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by arprince31 View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. I knew it wasn't going to be that simple!
    I don't think I set up the game as Admin, but I'll give running the Wizard as Admin and see what happens.
    I don't get errors with the Wizard, it just tells me it's saving the file, I can't then find any confuser.ini file anywhere that is showing as having been created or amended.
    I was going to continue to play with the controls via the game and via the .ini file - I was hoping for a short cut
    Thanks again.
    Update: I found that, even though my Wizard was on my D:\ drive, it was updating the confuser.ini file on the C:\ drive - I see the issue with just cutting and pasting:

[HotKey pilotMove]
    LEFT_VPC_Throttle_MT-50CM2-4F8BB3C5+AXE_RZ=-1rudder
    LEFT_VPC_Throttle_MT-50CM3-F31A41CD+AXE_RY=1throttle
    RIGHT_VPC_Stick_MT-50CM2-45732125+AXE_Y=1elevator
    RIGHT_VPC_Stick_MT-50CM2-45732125+AXE_X=1aileron

Now that I've got this working and can functionally fly the plane, I can start to address the functioning of the other controls - flaps, bombs etc.

As an aside I would now like to work out a HUD - Altitude, Compass, Throttle etc, which I think I can do with on-screen controls. More to come...

6. Likes ATAG_Colander, 9./JG52_J-HAT liked this post