Thread: Question about Recording a video

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Question about Recording a video

Hey guys, I'm sure I've seen something about this years ago, but can't find it now... I want to record some action footage. I've recorded a track and run it through the ATAG utility to allow outside views. If I try to use the internal record function, the game either crashes, or it runs very jerky and I seldom capture any video. So I use an external screen recording utility, in this case the nVidia utility. Works fine, except it records the mouse on screen. I need to move the view around, so I need the mouse. How can I pan around without the mouse, or how can I make the mouse invisible?

Regards

Kendy
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    123.26 MB

Re: Question about Recording a video

Quote Originally Posted by Kendy for the State View Post
    Hey guys, I'm sure I've seen something about this years ago, but can't find it now... I want to record some action footage. I've recorded a track and run it through the ATAG utility to allow outside views. If I try to use the internal record function, the game either crashes, or it runs very jerky and I seldom capture any video. So I use an external screen recording utility, in this case the nVidia utility. Works fine, except it records the mouse on screen. I need to move the view around, so I need the mouse. How can I pan around without the mouse, or how can I make the mouse invisible?

Regards

Kendy
    When playing back the video, select the F10 key. Now when you move your mouse your screen will move but there will be no mouse pointer. Press and hold the the left mouse key to move the selected object around independent of the main screen. Press and hold the right mouse button to zoom in and out of the selected object.

To choose a different object, you have to press F10 again to get your mouse pointer so you can right click the screen and select from the list menus.

And finally, if you haven't already noticed, before entering the video, you need to select "Edit Time" to edit the speed of the play back (you can assign keys to speed up or slow down the playback), "Edit Views" so you can F10 and move the view around, and "Hide Interface" to remove the pesky chat messages and server messages from spoiling your video sequence. The "Hide Icon" view has no function with a server that does not display icons.

Hope this helps

3. Likes Kendy for the State liked this post
    Supporting Member Blade_Meister's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.48 GB

Re: Question about Recording a video

I have a question to tag on to the OP's question. I am looking for an App or some way to smoothly rotate around an object, such as a plane, while the track is running and recording. Back in the day we had MouseMu as a small app that let you capture the Num 4,,5,6 and 8 to respectively move the camera left, down. right and up, moving the viewpoint while recording, but in a smooth way. There were 3 different speeds, Slow , Medium and Fast that one could set before beginning the session. I still have MouseMu, but I cannot get it to work with Win10 in any new Sim? I know that I can use the mouse, but that results in in inconsistent movements that don't really look very good. Does anyone have any suggestions?

S!Blade<><
    https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.p...in#Post4501509 <-----'Wings Over The Reich: War Stories From The Battle Of Britain!'