Thread: Battle Of France Campaign CTD

Veteran Combat pilot Screamadelica's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    588.65 MB

Battle Of France Campaign CTD

Playing the Battle of France campaign and on the June 12th Le Havre airfield scramble mission. Bf 109s and 110s come in for a low level attack and I'm getting constant CTDs about 5 minutes into everything. Great dogfights though, hard to survive this one. Otherwise it was going so well.
    All the other old campaigns seem to behaving so far.
    Intel I7 - 11700K CPU @ 3.60 GHZ, Nvidia RTX 3080, Evo 970 SSD 1TB, Ram 32GB , Win 10 64 Bit. Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and MSFFB 2, CH Throttle Quadrant, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Falcon Gear Trim Unit, Track IR5.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

Re: Battle Of France Campaign CTD

Can you post a link to this campaign? I might be able to take a look.

Are there any balloon winches in the mission?
    Author of the Their Finest Hour, Their Greatest Challenge, Desert Hawks, Eagles over Tobruk, On Ne Passe Pas!, and Rising from the Ashes campaigns for Cliffs of Dover Blitz and Desert Wings - Tobruk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    588.65 MB

Just uploaded the campaign zip file to the single player missions section.
    Not too sure about any balloon winches, can't recall seeing any, but then I'm usually paying attention to the 109s and 110s. Tough mission.
    Intel I7 - 11700K CPU @ 3.60 GHZ, Nvidia RTX 3080, Evo 970 SSD 1TB, Ram 32GB , Win 10 64 Bit. Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and MSFFB 2, CH Throttle Quadrant, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Falcon Gear Trim Unit, Track IR5.

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    12.95 MB

Deleted by GANIX.
    Last edited by GANIX; Apr-11-2023 at 13:47.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.52 GB

I have both Campaign Battle of France and Campaign Dunkirk, but have never found where and how to place them in COD Blitz. Right now both folders are sitting in 1CSoftClub>Mission and CODB>Mission and parts>bob. They don't show when the game is opened. I'm obviously doiing something wrong. Will someone please tell me what it is?
    Thank you
    System:
    EVGA P55 FTW SLI / Intel Core i7 875K 2.93GHz / nVidia GeForce GTX680 2GB / 16GB DDR3 1600MHz / Windows 7 64bit
    Flight gear:
    Logitech Extreme 3D Pro / TrackIR 5 / Saitek Pro Flight Throttle Quadrant / CH Flight SIM Yoke

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    588.65 MB

jlan5031 link to thread with instructions. See post 18.
    http://https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/showthread.php?t=31841&p=357844&viewfull=1#post357 844
    Have fun....
    Last edited by Screamadelica; Mar-13-2022 at 04:45.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Quote Originally Posted by GANIX View Post
    The scripts 'write' briefing files into folder
    <@"\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\campaign\campaign_Battle_of_France\Score.data";>.

I guess you have to unzip all files into your Cliffs 'source' folder: <...\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\bob\mission\campaign\>.
    Maybe it also works if you unzip all files into your <\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\mission\campaign\> folder instead.

Regards

PS: Maybe, that the scripts <gb??.cs> throw an exception error if the 'folder' <campaign_Battle_of_France> doesn't exist.
    An year ago I play a bit with these old campaign scripts, and was PITA to make this "score" of BoF work - need change the script for TF standards... to find that they are essentially useless, because just give 100 points for mission. WTF! Are a topic about what is need change somewhere in Single Player sub-forum. As well about an better script that track and totalize player, side and enemy air victories.

Barrage balloon - that cause CTD issue:

When CloD was released (2011), an Russian guy make a template that include thousand of objects objects in the map, then other campaign makers use this template (Piper Kiev use), so even inf the action is only in France, the mission may have a dozen or more barrage balloons in Dover. Need look in the map in FMB.

I guess you have to unzip all files into your Cliffs 'source' folder: <...\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\parts\bob\mission\campaign\>.
    BLITZ update create an new folder standard for install third part campaign's - no longer use \parts\bob\, so these instructions in old campaigns became obsolete.
    Last edited by 1lokos; Mar-13-2022 at 14:52.

8. Likes GANIX liked this post
    Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    12.95 MB

Deleted by GANIX.
    Last edited by GANIX; Apr-11-2023 at 13:46.