Thread: Flight Simulation Chair/cockpit

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Flight Simulation Chair/cockpit

I'd like to get some feedback from users of some of the flight sim chairs/setups currently available. I'm not looking to build my own at this point.

I've got a Saitek X65f Pro HOTAS, Saitek Combat rudder pedals, and Trackir 5. I'll be using a single 32" monitor.

I want to set up like the F-16 with the stick on the outside of the right thigh, throttle outside the left. (not a center stick)

I'm in the USA.

A good quality, comfortable chair would seem to be real important.

I wouldn't want any motion or force feedback through the chair.

So far, I've been looking at GTTrack, GTR, Obutto, and OpenWheeler, but am very open to alternatives.

The ones I'm looking at seem to be about $1k, but then others jump up to $3-4k. I'm good with the $1k, not so much with the $3-4k.

Thanks in advance for any info on setups and accessories needed.
    "I mean like, so many positive waves... Maybe we can't lose!!"

It feels weird being the same age as old people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    57.91 MB

Re: Flight Simulation Chair/cockpit

Quote Originally Posted by Oddball52 View Post
    I'd like to get some feedback from users of some of the flight sim chairs/setups currently available. I'm not looking to build my own at this point.

I've got a Saitek X65f Pro HOTAS, Saitek Combat rudder pedals, and Trackir 5. I'll be using a single 32" monitor.
    I want to set up like the F-16 with the stick on the outside of the right thigh, throttle outside the left. (not a center stick)
    I'm in the USA.
    A good quality, comfortable chair would seem to be real important.
    I wouldn't want any motion or force feedback through the chair.
    So far, I've been looking at GTTrack, GTR, Obutto, and OpenWheeler, but am very open to alternatives.
    The ones I'm looking at seem to be about $1k, but then others jump up to $3-4k. I'm good with the $1k, not so much with the $3-4k.
    Thanks in advance for any info on setups and accessories needed.
    If you want sturdy/simple/relatively inexpensive take a peek at the Next Level Racing Flight sim stand which works fine with an office chair. I made a slight modification to mine by taking one of the spare plates and drilling a couple mounting holes (self tapping bolts) for a mouse pad. If into racing under my KB (velcro'd in place) is the wheel mount. They also sell the strongest multi-monitor mount i've yet to see (not cheap!) which I modified to sit on my desk in a slanted-ceiling area and used SimLabs Vario-VESA adapters to get the monitors perfectly aligned, which is practically impossible without them..

NR Stand Front.jpgNR Stand Side.jpgVario VESA - Upper.jpg
    OS: Win11 Pro Ver. 23H2 - Build 22631.3447, Intel i9-13900KF @5.8Gz w/ 64GB, Zotac Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 - Nvidia 552.12 Drivers
    MONITORS: 3 Samsung LC32G53TQWUXEN 32" 7680x1440 at 144Hz
    CONTROLLERS: Warthog HOTAS\VirPil stick base, MFG V3 Pedals, TIR 5
    VR: Varjo Aero - Steam VR Setting at 100% - 4148x3556
    INSTALL LOCATION(s): 2TB NvMe - VR Beta - C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz / VR Beta Campaigns - C:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz \ 2D Non-Beta - C:\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz 2D

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.39 GB

It's worth checking out Playseat, I've had one for years. If you take all the platforms off, it's like a normal office chair on casters and with arm rests (also removable). I have a platform for each side, which suits your configuration. It also has a central platform attachment, in case you want go that route. Must have had it 10+ years, many flying hours and still in great condition. Also easy to fit a Buttkicker or similar, if you do decide you want one later.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.68 MB

Personally, if I were to get myself a new 'game'seat

I'd head to the local scrap yard and see if I can find myself a nice carseat
    better adjustability, built to last
    Je Maintiendrai

PC Specs: Intel I5 8600k @4.8 Ghz/ Aorus Z390 Pro / Gigabyte RTX3060ti OC 8Gb @ 1905Mhz/ Corsair BX 2x16Gb @3200Mhz
    XPG Spectrix S40G, 256GB NVMe / Kingston A2000 1TB NVMe / Startech PEXUSB3S44V 4port USB 3.1 PCIe
    Asus VG278HE / Oculus Rift / Virpil MT50 Mongoost T50cm Stick and T50 Throttle / Saitek Combat Rudders / 2x Thrustmaster MFD Cougar

"I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, sweat and the occasional witty comment"

5. Likes ATAG_Pattle, Baffin, Flanker35M liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    115.28 MB

With space and cost to consider, Patrick, you did a great job and made my decision harder. I just upgraded my equipment and I have an existing corner computer desk. your solution adding the next level stand answers my needs with minimum cost. I have to decide to spend the money on a F-GT setup from Next Level with monitor stands and scrap the desk or not. if you see a F-GT setup live, you will be impressed with the adjustability and options. I am not one who can create one from scratch