Thread: CloD will not launch in Steam

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

CloD will not launch in Steam

Hi Guys,
    I purchased Cliffs a few years ago but computer was not strong enough to run so I put a side. So now I am into VR and here Cliffs is going to VR. The game will not launch at all. I press start the blue ring comes up and the box Sync with cloud shows up and than it goes back to start button. I am not trying to start in VR mode , I know it is in Beta testing still. Thanks. Also I have 1946 and it starts up fine.
    Last edited by Floydthebarber13; Mar-16-2022 at 08:51.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: CloD will not launch in Steam

Hello Floyd,

It could be for many reasons but the first thing you should try is to delete or rename the folder:
    C:\My documents\1C SoftClub

You probably have old configuration files from back when you where trying to run the game.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thank you for your reply! So such file in Docs. Which I feel maybe the problem. Any ideas on how to render problem? I uninstalled thru Steam and than reinstalled and no doc file. HELP! I remember seeing file once and opened it and there was nothing in it. But again no file.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Colander View Post
    Hello Floyd,

It could be for many reasons but the first thing you should try is to delete or rename the folder:
    C:\My documents\1C SoftClub

You probably have old configuration files from back when you where trying to run the game.
    Please see below

Supporting Member 9./JG52_J-HAT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    266.37 MB

If you are not seeing the folder Colander mentioned under documents, do a search for it (1C SoftClub/il-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover).

Delete it once you find it. All of them if there are multiple instances. Then start the game. It should run fine after that. If not, let us know.

Search for the folder after you’ve closed the game once it run the game after the above steps. So you know where the folder is for future reference. Make sure it is not in some protected folder (like OneDrive). The game needs to be able to access it.

Also, turn off Steam Cloud and Steam Overlay for the game.
    i7 13700KF @5.3 Ghz | RTX 4090 526.86 1440p | 32 Gb RAM 6000 | Win10 64 bit | TrackIR 5 | VKB Gunfighter III | MFG Crosswind V2 | Warthog Throttle | Reverb G2 100% SteamVR SS

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks for your input! Nothing comes up in search. I checked OneDrive a saw nothing but I am not sure how to bring up Hidden Files. I did a Uninstall of Game on Steam than reinstall but that did not render problem. I tried different searches with 1C but no luck. I do have shortcut on desktop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Hi there,

many of those problems,especially if old versions of CLoD existed, are related to old files still lurking somewhere on a hard disc.
    To find them use the search on your computer and search for 'launcher.exe.' (Please someone who, unlike me, knows what he is talking about correct me, if necessary).
    Uninstall everything!

The go to STEAM, turn off STEAM cloud, and install anew following exactly the instructions in the 'Getting Started and Troubleshooting Guide', that is to be found here
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=36034

and in game.
    In there will be the solutions for most of your problems.

S!

DerDa