Thread: ATAG_Snapper has just uploaded Getting Started and Trouble Shooting Guide!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

ATAG_Snapper has just uploaded Getting Started and Trouble Shooting Guide!

Attached is a copy of the current version of the Getting Started and Trouble Shooting Guide for IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz and Tobruk.

Supporting Member MOG Screwball's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    12.59 MB

Re: ATAG_Snapper has just uploaded Getting Started and Trouble Shooting Guide!

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post

Attached is a copy of the current version of the Getting Started and Trouble Shooting Guide for IL2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Blitz and Tobruk.
    Thanks Snapper I'm sure this will come in handy!

3. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Good stuff, Screwball!

This Guide is a continuing work in progress and is regularly updated. If you see anything that needs tweaking or adding, shoot me a Private Mail or just let me know here.

Cheers!

Snapper

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

5. Likes RAF74_Buzzsaw, Dauntless liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    10.50 MB

Hi guys, new member and first time poster here. I'm relatively new to flight sims, hence my desire to read this guide. I look forward to perhaps flying with you at some point in the future, once I've learned the basics of course. I don't even know the general principles of controlling engine mixture, or prop pitch, and so on. If someone could point me towards any other guides on these subjects which would complement this one, that would be great. Thanks for all your effort in helping newbies! o7

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyTri View Post
    Hi guys, new member and first time poster here. I'm relatively new to flight sims, hence my desire to read this guide. I look forward to perhaps flying with you at some point in the future, once I've learned the basics of course. I don't even know the general principles of controlling engine mixture, or prop pitch, and so on. If someone could point me towards any other guides on these subjects which would complement this one, that would be great. Thanks for all your effort in helping newbies! o7
    Hi there TrickyTri, and welcome!

In order to learn the basics about a plane, get it started, up in the air, and back, I suggest you go through the Flashcards that you can find in your installation folder, under "aircraft":

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz\manuals

You can also access this folder by clicking on Manuals from the main menu when you start the game:

For the rest, well, there are many excellent tutorials on YouTube, and loads of information in these forums. But nothing beats hopping online and on TeamSpeak, and ask. People will be glad to answer your questions live, and team up with you for initiation flights.

Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; Jun-16-2022 at 03:38.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    10.50 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    Hi there TrickyTri, and welcome!
    Thanks, that's great o7

9. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_JackMaxx liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

Quote Originally Posted by TrickyTri View Post
    When I started I did a couple of single player campaignes, this helped me get used to the aircraft(red) I was interested in and got some target practice, I thought I was an ACE. Then I took a couple of deep breathes and got on multiplayer and soon after teamspeak and got my ar$£e roasted. my advice get on multiplayer and comms as soon as you are comfortable and expect a great welcome to a community of really friendly ppl who will kill you (virtually) and happily explain how you can do better next time. My flying advice for what its worth, don't always try to push the performance envelope of your aircraft, Keep your head on a swivel all the time! and only ceed altitude when attacked as a last resort.

Hope to see you soon on multiplayer
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_JackMaxx View Post
    .......Hope to see you soon on multiplayer
    Some great advice from the Chaps there, Tricky!

And if you do want a 'wing man' for that first 'terrifying but awesome'...... venture onto Multiplayer.....I'm yer man!

Just send me a PM or post here 'when' and I'll try and tag along! All the best! You're gonna love it! Salute!

12. Likes TrickyTri, Waldemar Piec Krawiec liked this post