Thread: UBI Soft closing their forums in March, 31.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

UBI Soft closing their forums in March, 31.

If are something useful in 1C CLoD forum, download now.

https://forums.ubisoft.com/forumdisp...C-Maddox-Games

2. Likes rontaila liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Re: UBI Soft closing their forums in March, 31.

I think by looking at the last activity on the threads it makes sense
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.04 GB

Forums are dying everywhere. The old SimHQ is practically dead too, it just needs to "fall" to be buried.

And the format of Reddit - that supposedly would replace the forums; for where certain communities have migrated, may offer ease of use on smartphones, doesn't offer the same quality, try searching a subject from months ago there, is PITA.

It is a trend, the Internet as a source of information is languishing, replaced by futility and militancy.

5. Likes ATAG_TCP, 9./JG52_J-HAT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Quote Originally Posted by 1lokos View Post
    Forums are dying everywhere. The old SimHQ is practically dead too, it just needs to "fall" to be buried.

And the format of Reddit - that supposedly would replace the forums; for where certain communities have migrated, may offer ease of use on smartphones, doesn't offer the same quality, try searching a subject from months ago there, is PITA.

It is a trend, the Internet as a source of information is languishing, replaced by futility and militancy.
    Youngsters don't have the patience to search for something anyway, they would just ask again and wait for an answer in 1 minute.
    Is the same with games, most successful games are spawn, shoot, die, spawn, shoot, die without much pause in between because of that same reason.

7. Likes ATAG_TCP, 9./JG52_J-HAT liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    328.74 MB

For what its worth I still drop by once every so often just to see whats going on, having taken a bit of a break from the pc for a while, and I just view the forum on my phone through desktop mode, works and looks a treat.

And as for spawn shoot and die games, tell me about it. Love the realism in Escape from Tarkov, but the fact of just spawning, getting killed very quickly, and then having to repeat without any other game modes etc is a little wearisome, and almost seems a waste of game (just from my view). Plus I enjoy realism, Cliffs has still been one of the only flight sims which has really put an effort into being properly realistic to me, without making too many compromises for gameplay.

dcs is alright, but for the wwii planes, I tried them when they were free, and they still just feel like dcs planes. Cliffs I reckon feel more like genuine aircraft as they are meant to be I guess, which is good.
    Last edited by ATAG_TCP; Mar-29-2022 at 02:03.

9. Likes ATAG_Torian liked this post