Thread: hurricane D ffb

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

hurricane D ffb

hey guys, ffb2 in hurricane D only works with the first shot or if you shot in "single mode"

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Gylltg1wm1s

also, how many bullets you need to use to destroy a bomber?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIubqccoz58
    Last edited by Lorena; Mar-29-2022 at 12:31.
    PC: MSI 1080ti Sea Hawk | Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7 | Intel i5 6600k @4.2gz | Noctua dh-14 |Thermaltake Versa N21 | 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX ddr4 | Thermaltake tr2 rx 850w | 960evo NVMe SSD 250gb| 2 x 34` LG 34um67 | HyperX Cloud Stinger | Razer Deathadder v2| Trackir 4 | Microsoft ForceFeedback 2 | Ttesports Challenger keyboard |Windows 10 Enterprise x64 |

VR: REVERB g2 2160x2160 per eye
    Nvidia driver version: 536.23

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: hurricane D ffb

Quote Originally Posted by Lorena View Post
    Only the last one.

3. Dislikes GANIX disliked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

hey guys, ffb2 in hurricane D only works with the first shot or if you shot in "single mode"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIubqccoz58

Good shooting. Don't know if you were serious about asking your question since you shoot so well, but here is an answer. In my opinion the games programing does not allow a short burst to be effective, even cannon fire, no matter where the shot hits. The cannon burst needs to be a full second at the minimum. And aim for an engine.

I7 12700K @ 4.8Ghz|RTX 3080Ti|32GB DDR4|1TB NvMe l LG OLED 48”TV|1440P @120Hz|VKB STECS l VKB Gunfighter III/100mm extension l MFG V3 Pedals l Falcon Gear Quadrant l TIR 5 l Cloud X Headphone|Widows 11, C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz|20Mbs dl, 2Mbs ul

5. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

i mean, i counted in the video, 15 hits with a 40mm, that thing can open a tank, how thick is that ju88?

Little Bill - tnks! nice to know about the burst
    Last edited by Lorena; Mar-30-2022 at 11:26.
    PC: MSI 1080ti Sea Hawk | Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7 | Intel i5 6600k @4.2gz | Noctua dh-14 |Thermaltake Versa N21 | 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX ddr4 | Thermaltake tr2 rx 850w | 960evo NVMe SSD 250gb| 2 x 34` LG 34um67 | HyperX Cloud Stinger | Razer Deathadder v2| Trackir 4 | Microsoft ForceFeedback 2 | Ttesports Challenger keyboard |Windows 10 Enterprise x64 |

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.94 GB

Wonderful gunnery! Nice karate chop on that last Ju-88.

But ... I quote from the original CLoD manual pilot's notes:

Weapons and Damage.
    Most planes in Cliffs of Dover have forward-firing armament of some kind. Most carry machine guns, others carry cannon, and some even carry both. Machine guns fire large volumes of smaller-calibre ammunition, and cannon lob larger shells at the enemy at a much slower rate. It is therefore of vital importance to aim for vulnerable areas of your target. Blindly hosing down a bomber can turn it into a tragic-looking hunk of Swiss cheese with no other ill effects. A larger bomber can fly home with a thousand bullet holes in its skin as long as the engines work and the crew is there to operate it.

However a single well-placed round can take out an engine or a pilot and send a brand-new-looking plane crashing into the ground. It is therefore extremely important to know where the vulnerable areas are. They are usually the crew, the engines, and the fuel tanks. Location of the crew is usually obvious. Many pilots in more modern aircraft are protected with pilot armour with locations that vary between aircraft. Engines are another weak point. Many inline engines can be taken out with a single round; radial engines can take more of a punishment. Few planes in Cliffs of Dover have armour around the engines, so aiming at an engine from virtually any direction will destroy or disable your victim.

Finally, aiming for the fuel tanks is extremely effective as well. When hit with an incendiary round the fumes in the tanks may ignite and instantly destroy your target. When hit with regular ball or armour-piercing ammunition, the effects won’t be quite as apparent. However the fuel tank will be punctured and the fuel will begin to leak out. An effective historical tactic was for fighters to pepper bomber wings with holes and leave their target for a minute or two to fill with petrol fumes. Then a second firing pass is mounted which ignites the fumes and destroys the target. Most larger planes carry fuel in the wings; most smaller planes have fuselage tanks behind the pilot. Many fuel tanks are protected with armour; some are self-sealing to prevent the tactic described in the previous paragraph. Of course, planes in Cliffs of Dover have a much more detailed damage model than just crew, engines and fuel tanks. Our planes come with over 200 damageable elements. Some of the more complex ones have over 300! Focusing on the crew, the engines and the tanks will help ensure quick and thorough destruction of your target. Sadistic dismantling of various secondary systems that will often have no other result than making the crew really sweat as they come in to land.
    Desktop - Alienware R10, AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, 64Gb DDR4-3400Mhz OC 3734Mhz, Dell RTX 3090 24Gb (512.15), Dell 3221QS (4K @ 60Hz), Win 11 (22000.567), C Drive Steam default, Reverb G2, WMR SteamVR beta - 100% (3160x3088), TM Warthog Throttle/Stick, TM T-Rudder, TM MFDx2, Razer Tartarus Pro
    Laptop - Dell G7 7590, Intel i7-8750H, 64Gb DDR-2666Mhz, GPU0 Intel UHD 630 1Gb GPU1 Dell RTX 2060 6Gb (512.15), BenQ EX3203R (3K @ 60Hz), Win 11 (22000.567), C drive Steam default, Samsung Odyssey+, WMR SteamVR beta - 100% (1440x1796), TM T16000M, TM TWCS

8. Likes major_setback, ATAG_TCP, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    430.8 KB

I saw a lot of AP round hits, these just go straight through without doing much unless you hit something important try loading all HE rounds and you will see some real damage

10. Likes ATAG_TCP, major_setback liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

Quote Originally Posted by paul_leonard View Post
    Wonderful gunnery! Nice karate chop on that last Ju-88.

Of course, planes in Cliffs of Dover have a much more detailed damage model than just crew, engines and fuel tanks. Our planes come with over 200 damageable elements. Some of the more complex ones have over 300! Focusing on the crew, the engines and the tanks will help ensure quick and thorough destruction of your target. Sadistic dismantling of various secondary systems that will often have no other result than making the crew really sweat as they come in to land.
    that's some new info about this game i love haha, going to focus more in engines for now on, with hurricanes *(8 machine gun, usually i will go for pilot) and do some head ons, but damn, those 40mm is a delight to hit someone, not that good on dogfights, some serious deflect shots math are needed

-palker, i will give a shot and do some testing on those HE only, i think it was loaded 50/50 ap he in this video

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Little Bill View Post
    In my opinion the games programing does not allow a short burst to be effective, even cannon fire, no matter where the shot hits. The cannon burst needs to be a full second at the minimum.
    This is not how the game works.
    The lenghts of bursts or number of hits is no criteria.
    As others wrote: each bullet's path is individally computed and so is the damage done by it, taking into respect the properties of each individual shell.
    If you are lucky you can down a bomber with one .303 bullet, if you manage to pk the pilot.
    But, as in reality, this happens very, very rarely.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

I find that head-on, from about 1 or 11 o'clock offers the best chance to quickly kill the cockpit crew. Not always easy, as some of these bombers move pretty fast. It's the only safe way to attack a Sunderland.
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    This is not how the game works.
    The lenghts of bursts or number of hits is no criteria.
    As others wrote: each bullet's path is individally computed and so is the damage done by it, taking into respect the properties of each individual shell.
    If you are lucky you can down a bomber with one .303 bullet, if you manage to pk the pilot.
    But, as in reality, this happens very, very rarely.
    so, where those bullets are stopping? haha

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    430.8 KB

If you want to see what damage is done by your guns you can use external views to check and also you can take control of any flyable plane in the game (depending on your difficulty settings). So if you pause the game just before a hit and then enter that plane you can see the damage report in real time. I think it should be possible to use a script to get a detailed damage report for every hit but I do not know how to do that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

so, where those bullets are stopping? haha
    A question to ask the devs.
    But I would guess they at a given distance (+ 1000m?) they just stop to exist.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Hmm, my understanding is that each bullet’s trajectory is determined by its weight (in grains), muzzle velocity, ballistic coefficient, and gravity. I would think that each non-exploding bullet would “cease to exist” upon inevitably hitting the ground based on those parameters - unless it strikes its target first.

That would be fun to test over open water.
    Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; Apr-01-2022 at 19:28. Reason: Typpppos

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

18. Likes DerDa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

usually i can see those bullets explode a few seconds after, just like 109 cannon, but far away

palker- that is a good idea! almost forgot to start recording the flight, usually i only record the screen *(nvidia experience)

there is a way to see the damage on the enemy? or only with visual deterioration?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Yes, all bullets do cease to exist after a certain distance. It would be too much of a load on the player's CPU to track bullets indefinitely... some types, if fired at higher altitudes, could travel 20+ kms before falling to earth.

The distances a bullet type travels is individually set, based on that type's real life effective range... with obviously heavier, or higher velocity rounds having a longer effective range, and therefore travelling a longer distance prior to disappearing.

21. Likes palker, ATAG_Highseas, DerDa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

I have deduced (from empirical evidence collated by myself over several years) that they disappear at approximately 3.5m from the muzzle

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

hoho, to hit a 3.5km shot will be a challenge
    b20.gif

also, any ideas on how to fix this "bug"? since is only for ffb users

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    818.69 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Highseas View Post
    I have deduced (from empirical evidence collated by myself over several years) that they disappear at approximately 3.5m from the muzzle
    3.5m gives new meaning to get as close as you can before shooting

You can download this guide for FFB issues.. also do a search for FFB....not sure if the info is still relevant anymore.
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...p?categoryid=7
    There's something good waitin' down this road
    I'm pickin' up whatever's mine.
    "Tom Petty...Runnin' Down A Dream...Full Moon Fever"

25. Likes Lorena liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

those files helped with removing the whole ffb for shooting haha, so didn't help, and the problem is just when i hold the cannon fire, if i tap shot by shot the vibration works.
    but is just for this plane, all other the full auto works fine

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.83 MB

Lorena, the Vickers S gun is using the mortar.ffe effects file. This file, unlike the mg and cannon effects files, is non-repeating. You could modify the file so the effect repeats at the gun's rate of fire but that may cause problems if the effect is used elsewhere in the game.

You can see all this, and modify, using the "Force Editor" program.

28. Likes Little Bill liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Dawson View Post
    Lorena, the Vickers S gun is using the mortar.ffe effects file. This file, unlike the mg and cannon effects files, is non-repeating. You could modify the file so the effect repeats at the gun's rate of fire but that may cause problems if the effect is used elsewhere in the game.

You can see all this, and modify, using the "Force Editor" program.
    just downloaded, start to playing with the forces, looks promising! would be great to know a ww2 pilot to tell how much shake the plane will be once you start firing

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.83 MB

Lorena, have a look at this replacement effect:
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=36116

31. Likes Lorena liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

wow, you fixed the issue, but can you do the same with a mix of the current force + your fix? this one feels like a "jam suspension" the original is a kick, better represent the 40mm i suppose

but in anyway, great fix! that should be implemented in game since the original isn't working

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.83 MB

Lorena, see if you prefer this version. The effect follows a sawtooth wave instead of a sine wave so it may give you a better kick.
    Attached Files Attached Files

34. Likes Lorena liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Dawson View Post
    Lorena, see if you prefer this version. The effect follows a sawtooth wave instead of a sine wave so it may give you a better kick.
    lads and gents, we have a winner! fix the issue and also add a punch 40mm like, that will be good to be added in the next update btw!

old effect - https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Gylltg1wm1s

new effect - https://www.youtube.com/shorts/zrRHacJGlQA

can't thank you enough! new life to a very good plane

*ps. trigger is all guns, button is only cannon
    Last edited by Lorena; Apr-12-2022 at 13:37.

36. Likes Dawson, OBT~Mikmak liked this post