Thread: How to get wingman to attack groud targets

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

How to get wingman to attack groud targets

I wanted to test out the vickers S. So I made a small mission. 3 Italian tanks. And me and my wingman in Hurricane Ds. I set up a couple of waypoint with attack groud option. And put it close to the tanks.
    As I fly the mission. My wingman doesn't attack. And there is no ground attack orders in the communications menu.
    Win10 64. i7 13700kk @5.2ghz, 64gb DDR5 Ram, Asus GTX3090 24GB, Bruner Force feedback base with virpil stick, winwing super tarus thorttle, winwing combat and takeoff panel, MFG pedals. HP Reverb G2 v1. Nvida Driver 511.23

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Re: How to get wingman to attack groud targets

In the FMB go to the ground attack waypoint (you only need ONE attack waypoint). Click the "Target Set" button in the Object Browser waypoint tab and drop the green crosshairs on the target tanks. Now your wingman will attack them.

Yo-Yo's SP FMB Guide?

https://www.mediafire.com/file/o02vr...nners.pdf/file

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

3. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Do you just left click? I don't see any confirmation it has it as a target?
    Win10 64. i7 13700kk @5.2ghz, 64gb DDR5 Ram, Asus GTX3090 24GB, Bruner Force feedback base with virpil stick, winwing super tarus thorttle, winwing combat and takeoff panel, MFG pedals. HP Reverb G2 v1. Nvida Driver 511.23

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Watch this, it may help. Left click the 'set' button then left click on the target. The name of the target will show on the waypoint panel, and you'll see a green line connecting the waypoints of the aircraft and the target.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    465.46 MB

Nice video! You are getting sooo high tech. And don't forget you can assign a key to VIEW Enemy Ground Vehicle, to check your hits in that dust cloud.

I7 12700K @ 4.8Ghz|RTX 3080Ti|32GB DDR4|1TB NvMe l LG OLED 48”TV|1440P @120Hz|VKB STECS l VKB Gunfighter III/100mm extension l MFG V3 Pedals l Falcon Gear Quadrant l TIR 5 l Cloud X Headphone|Widows 11, C:\Program Files (x86)Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz|20Mbs dl, 2Mbs ul

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

^ Best stay clear of the dust when possible...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Bonditaria View Post
    In the FMB go to the ground attack waypoint (you only need ONE attack waypoint). Click the "Target Set" button in the Object Browser waypoint tab and drop the green crosshairs on the target tanks. Now your wingman will attack them.

Yo-Yo's SP FMB Guide?

I'd also set the number of passes to four.

You can designate a specific target and that will be attacked no matter what other targets are present. If you don't designate a target the AI will look in the immediate area (3 - 5km from the target point) for enemy targets. You can set various ground attack target points and the aircraft will fly to each looking for a target. If they don't run out of ammo they can fly on to other ground attack points and attack there making multiple passes.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by Bonditaria View Post

Yo-Yo's SP FMB Guide?

I've done this, but I still have no way of ordering my wingmen to attack, Mission is not selectable, and there is no ground attack order.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfreak View Post
    I've done this,
    Oh ok, and did your wingman attack the targets?

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5