Thread: Hurricane mk IIx Supercharger

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.36 MB

Hurricane mk IIx Supercharger

Been playing the game for several months but I just finally noticed there is no mixture control on the mk II Hurricanes, but they do have a supercharger. I mapped the Supercharger to my throttle quad, but not sure when or how to use it. It seems to only have two positions. I am assuming I change the position at a certain altitude, but no idea when.

Can anyone educate me on this regard?

Thank you.

2. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Torian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.83 MB

Re: Hurricane mk IIx Supercharger

Change when your boost gets low, around 15,000' is certainly safe. The wartime manuals you can find online have recommended engine settings and they work really well for settings in the game.
    Last edited by Dawson; May-02-2022 at 23:18.

4. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_Bubba liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    5.36 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Dawson View Post
    Change when your boost gets low, around 15,000' is certainly safe. The wartime manuals you can find online have recommended engine settings and they work really well for settings in the game.
    Thanks. I appreciate the assistance,

6. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Dauntless liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Hi gents,

Actually, the two-stage supercharger is one of my assignments given me months ago to update the Getting Started and Trouble Shooting Guide. Looks like I better get on it!

Thanks for the input, Dawson.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

8. Likes Dauntless, ATAG_Torian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Hi gents,

Actually, the two-stage supercharger is one of my assignments given me months ago to update the Getting Started and Trouble Shooting Guide. Looks like I better get on it!

Thanks for the input, Dawson.

Maybe we should update the Hurricane II Flashcards with a sentence about this.

10. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Dauntless liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    Maybe we should update the Hurricane II Flashcards with a sentence about this.
    That makes good sense, DerDa.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

12. Likes Dauntless liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    That makes good sense, DerDa.

Likewise there's no supercharger info in the Martlet flashcard either. Maybe others are missing too ?
    Can't think off the top of my brain which a/c have 2-stage/compressor bindings.

Daz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Dazza View Post
    Likewise there's no supercharger info in the Martlet flashcard either. Maybe others are missing too ?
    Can't think off the top of my brain which a/c have 2-stage/compressor bindings.

Daz
    Thanks for the info.
    I know about the Beaufighter and the Wimpy. Not sure about others.
    I will drum up the rest of the manual creation group, to see if we can official information from TFS and how we can implement this.

S!

DerDa

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.83 MB

A note to open air filters on tropical aircraft after take-off might also be in order.

While we're discussing manuals may I ask if the short manuals will be included in the future? Whenever I fly a plane I'm unfamiliar with I check the short manuals. Them print nice in booklet form. I find them more convenient in those cases when I don't need to see the cockpit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

On both, short manuals and flashcards, there is very little space, so we had to carefully decide what to include and what not.
    Please don't forget the fact that other languages need quite more space than English to say the same thing and the flashcards are available in seven or eight different languages.

The original intention of flashcards and short manuals was to get a new pilot up into the air and back down.
    In the case of bombers we included some other basic things to make them useable, but this required additional pages.

Any additional sentence may just blow up the layout.

About the short manuals: they were ready and translated even before the flashcards. I tried repeatedly to have them included into the game, or posted somewhere here, using exactly your argument of easy printability.
    It never happened ("the flashcards are enough", "we would have to re-check and update them all", or just other things were uploaded instead).
    I would still love to see them available, but I think the pressure has to come from the community.

17. Likes Dawson, ATAG_Torian liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Couldn't any manuals just be stickied in the Downloads thread until such time as they can be included in the official game ?
    I must say that supercharger info came as news to me as well.
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

19. Likes DerDa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

You can find the usage of the supercharger described in these pilots notes, in particular on page 8: https://airpages.ru/eng/uk/hur_08.shtml

Hopefully you’ll be flying so fast that you won’t even notice my G.50
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

21. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Slot, ATAG_Torian liked this post