Thread: New player

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    10.50 MB

New player

I Have a copy of original IL2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover, what else do I need

2. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    230.81 MB

Re: New player

Hi ace63,

welcome here.

The original Cliifs of Dover version from 2011 is obsolete, not supported by the developers, and may not run properly in the latest Windows versions.

If you purchased it on Steam, you should have Cliffs of Dover - Blitz available for free there. This is current version which is still developed and improved.

If you have the original Cliffs of Dover version installed in your PC, it is strongly recommended to uninstall it. It can cause conflicts with the Blitz version, crashes, and other problems.

Josef

4. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ace63 View Post
    If you have the disk you are still entitled to the latest version for free. The latest update was released six weeks ago.

6. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

You ar welcome here. It is a great forum for share
    Todo es posible al volar
    Incluso usar baixar reels para viajar

8. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

A computer

Kidding a side, welcome to the forum!

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Josef View Post
    Hi ace63,

welcome here.

The original Cliifs of Dover version from 2011 is obsolete, not supported by the developers, and may not run properly in the latest Windows versions.

If you purchased it on Steam, you should have Cliffs of Dover - Blitz available for free there. This is current version which is still developed and improved.

If you have the original Cliffs of Dover version installed in your PC, it is strongly recommended to uninstall it. It can cause conflicts with the Blitz version, crashes, and other problems.

Josef
    Thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Just to clarify:
    the original version may be obsolete, but since you have to play it through Stem anyway, your game will be updated automatically and for free to the latest version.

So basically you just turn on Steam and play.

Please have a look at the Getting Started and Troubleshooting Guide here
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...play.php?f=472

and in game.

S!

DerDa

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    230.81 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    Just to clarify:
    the original version may be obsolete, but since you have to play it through Stem anyway, your game will be updated automatically and for free to the latest version.

So basically you just turn on Steam and play.

Please have a look at the Getting Started and Troubleshooting Guide here
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...play.php?f=472

and in game.

S!

DerDa
    Hi DerDa,

if you mean the oroginal Cliffs of Dover from 2011, I'm afraid it will not be updated to Blitz automatically.

Cliffs of Dover (2011) and Cliffs of Dover - Blitz are two different games for Steam. I have a separate item for each of them in my Steam library.

Blitz must be installed by each user manually.

Josef

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.94 GB

That's the bad news.

The good news is you can buy Cliffs of Dover Blitz on either Steam or at the il2sturmovik.com website for $9.99 USD and they regularly go on sale for 35% off saving another couple of bucks (either will work on Steam but the developers earn a higher margin on the website). So it won't break the bank. Trust me, it is well worth the $9.99 investment. The Tobruk expansion is more but you don't require that to get started, although it is a fun and very unique experience in and of itself. VR is being beta tested right now and the developers are doing an amazing job with that.
    Paul
    Desktop - Alienware R10, AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, 64Gb DDR4-3400Mhz OC 3734Mhz, Dell RTX 3090 24Gb (512.15), Dell 3221QS (4K @ 60Hz), Win 11 (22000.567), C Drive Steam default, Reverb G2, WMR SteamVR beta - 100% (3160x3088), TM Warthog Throttle/Stick, TM T-Rudder, TM MFDx2, Razer Tartarus Pro
    Laptop - Dell G7 7590, Intel i7-8750H, 64Gb DDR-2666Mhz, GPU0 Intel UHD 630 1Gb GPU1 Dell RTX 2060 6Gb (512.15), BenQ EX3203R (3K @ 60Hz), Win 11 (22000.567), C drive Steam default, Samsung Odyssey+, WMR SteamVR beta - 100% (1440x1796), TM T16000M, TM TWCS

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Josef View Post
    Hi DerDa,

if you mean the oroginal Cliffs of Dover from 2011, I'm afraid it will not be updated to Blitz automatically.

Cliffs of Dover (2011) and Cliffs of Dover - Blitz are two different games for Steam. I have a separate item for each of them in my Steam library.

Blitz must be installed by each user manually.

Josef
    Hi Josef,

You arecertainly correct that it is a different game, and I too do still have a copy of the original in my Steam library.
    But, as far as I know and remember all the statements from TFS, the update to 'Blitz' was free for all leagal owners of the original game, whether purchased through Steam, CD or elsewhere.
    So, if you have a CD, you don't need to purchase anything else.

Maybe someone from TFS should confirm.

S!

DerDa

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Here are steps for the owners of the original CD based game:

- Install original CLIFFS OF DOVER from CD. DO NOT RUN.

- Go to your Steam page and look through the list of available games.

- You should see both CLIFFS OF DOVER and CLIFFS OF DOVER - BLITZ in the list... BLITZ will not be installed... original game will be... but will have updates queued... DO NOT INSTALL UPDATES.

- Install CLIFFS OF DOVER - BLITZ through Steam.

- Uninstall original CLIFFS OF DOVER game... after you do that it will still show in Steam, but will be unplayable.

- Go on your PC to 'documents/1D Softclub/il2 sturmovik cliffs of dover' and delete the 'cache' folder.

- Start the BLITZ version game.

If you have a problem please take a look at the 'Getting Started and Troubleshooting Guide'.

It is located in your main CLIFFS OF DOVER install folder in the 'manuals' folder.

There are also manuals for the various aircraft located there which we recommend you read before flying the aircraft.

Thanks

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.26 MB

So after about 10 years, I just reinstalled Cliffs of Dover with the Desert Wings DLC.
    And I'm pretty excited how the game has evolved in that long time...

cheers
    Ludger

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    10.50 MB

Thanks for all the advice, I now have Cliffs of Dover Blitz installed and am looking forward to playing it!!

18. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

This is an excellent step-by-step guide that I shall incorporate into the Getting Started and Troubleshooting Guide. There are likely many other owners of the original CD who gave up on the early version but literally hold “the key” to upgrading to Blitz - including the upcoming VR and Visual Update - at no extra charge. Once we reel ‘em in a goodly proportion will want to purchase the Tobruk Down Loadable Content for the extra map (North Africa) and the multitude of extra aircraft!

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Here are steps for the owners of the original CD based game:

- Install original CLIFFS OF DOVER from CD. DO NOT RUN.

- Go to your Steam page and look through the list of available games.

- You should see both CLIFFS OF DOVER and CLIFFS OF DOVER - BLITZ in the list... BLITZ will not be installed... original game will be... but will have updates queued... DO NOT INSTALL UPDATES.

- Install CLIFFS OF DOVER - BLITZ through Steam.

- Uninstall original CLIFFS OF DOVER game... after you do that it will still show in Steam, but will be unplayable.

- Go on your PC to 'documents/1D Softclub/il2 sturmovik cliffs of dover' and delete the 'cache' folder.

- Start the BLITZ version game.

If you have a problem please take a look at the 'Getting Started and Troubleshooting Guide'.

It is located in your main CLIFFS OF DOVER install folder in the 'manuals' folder.

There are also manuals for the various aircraft located there which we recommend you read before flying the aircraft.

Thanks

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz