Thread: Thank you!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Thank you!

That was great fun for me after more than a year of no/minimal flying.
    I spent most of the time around the north/south road to the west of Al'ukht alddayiea, not sure if this is where the main action was.
    A bit rusted, but some nice dogfights in the good old G.50 against Tomahawks and Hurris.
    Thanks to the organizers
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    478.84 MB

Re: Thank you!

I had a great time, see you all on the next one!

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.10 MB

Like to add my thanks to Snapper and mission builders.

Blew away a few cobwebs and used as opportunity to try out the Beau for the first time (quite a few times!).

Notes to self:
    don’t forget the Beau has bombs to use
    don’t try belly landings with said bombs still armed on aircraft
    don’t forget bail out procedure
    Win10 x64, i5-10600K CPU @ 4.1GHz, ASUS RTX 3060Ti 8GB, 16GB(DDR4 3600MHz XMP) RAM, Dell 2560x1440 27" 165hz, Microsoft FFB2, Edtracker(wireless).
    Nvidia driver version: 537.58

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Thanks from me as well!

Finally a mission where the Beau could play out its strengths!
    I had fun ... once somebody took me by the hand and showed me where the action was

There is just so much desert in this desert!

Sadly I had several CTDs so I gave up earlier than intended.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Glad everyone had fun!

In the early afternoon we had a vicious storm front come through southwestern Ontario with winds gusting to 131 kmh . It was wild! Snapped 4 fenceposts of my backyard wooden fence, causing it to lean at a crazy angle, lawn furniture thrown everywhere. Spent a couple of hours with my electric drill and a bunch of wood screws jerryrigging repairs ‘til I can get professionals in - I expect the home insurance companies & tradesmen will be deluged next week. The important thing is no one locally got hurt AFAIK - there have been reports of fatalities coming in from other parts of the province though.

I just barely made it to the event start, but I confess I just cruised around in a Beau, then a Hurrie lld, basically to just be on hand if the server itself had any problems.

Would love to hear some After Action Reports and see any pics/videos!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    478.84 MB

Glad to know you are alright Snapper!

A video might be coming Soon™️

7. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.94 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Glad everyone had fun!

In the early afternoon we had a vicious storm front come through southwestern Ontario with winds gusting to 131 kmh . It was wild! Snapped 4 fenceposts of my backyard wooden fence, causing it to lean at a crazy angle, lawn furniture thrown everywhere. Spent a couple of hours with my electric drill and a bunch of wood screws jerryrigging repairs ‘til I can get professionals in - I expect the home insurance companies & tradesmen will be deluged next week. The important thing is no one locally got hurt AFAIK - there have been reports of fatalities coming in from other parts of the province though.

I just barely made it to the event start, but I confess I just cruised around in a Beau, then a Hurrie lld, basically to just be on hand if the server itself had any problems.

Would love to hear some After Action Reports and see any pics/videos!
    The weather was crazy. Power still out in places. Glad you were able to repair and support.
    Desktop - Alienware R10, AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, 64Gb DDR4-3400Mhz OC 3734Mhz, Dell RTX 3090 24Gb (512.15), Dell 3221QS (4K @ 60Hz), Win 11 (22000.567), C Drive Steam default, Reverb G2, WMR SteamVR beta - 100% (3160x3088), TM Warthog Throttle/Stick, TM T-Rudder, TM MFDx2, Razer Tartarus Pro
    Laptop - Dell G7 7590, Intel i7-8750H, 64Gb DDR-2666Mhz, GPU0 Intel UHD 630 1Gb GPU1 Dell RTX 2060 6Gb (512.15), BenQ EX3203R (3K @ 60Hz), Win 11 (22000.567), C drive Steam default, Samsung Odyssey+, WMR SteamVR beta - 100% (1440x1796), TM T16000M, TM TWCS

9. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post