Thread: Battle of Britain multiplayer meetup this weekend

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

Battle of Britain multiplayer meetup this weekend

When: 7PM GMT, Saturday the 28th of May (check your local date and time here).

Where: VCAF Tobruk Server.

If you're in the mood for some classic Battle of Britain action, come along to this meetup. There was a great turnout and some intense dogfights last time we did this, and this should be no different. See you then
    Author of the Their Finest Hour, Their Greatest Challenge, Desert Hawks, Eagles over Tobruk, On Ne Passe Pas!, and Rising from the Ashes campaigns for Cliffs of Dover Blitz and Desert Wings - Tobruk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Re: Battle of Britain multiplayer meetup this weekend

Will there be G.50s ?
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

3. Likes ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot Screamadelica's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    588.65 MB

Yikes! That's 5am AEST.
    Don't know if I'm functioning at that time of the morning, more likely to be a risk to friendly aircraft.
    Intel I7 - 11700K CPU @ 3.60 GHZ, Nvidia RTX 3080, Evo 970 SSD 1TB, Ram 32GB , Win 10 64 Bit. Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and MSFFB 2, CH Throttle Quadrant, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Falcon Gear Trim Unit, Track IR5.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    460.85 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
    When: 7PM GMT, Saturday the 28th of May (check your local date and time here).

Where: VCAF Tobruk Server.

If you're in the mood for some classic Battle of Britain action, come along to this meetup. There was a great turnout and some intense dogfights last time we did this, and this should be no different. See you then
    HOORAY!

I´ll be there if my computer works! I am rearming and fueling my dear old Junkers Ju 88...
    Thank you
    Always at your service....and always in your crosshairs,
    I remain
    ATAG_Walstein

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

I’ll be there in my trusty Spit or Hurri!

Thanks so much for putting this on. Looking forward to it!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

7. Likes ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Excellent, Cybermat!

And for once I'm free to join in!

Walstein alert! If you see a JU 88 'up to no good'........... SHOOT THE B*GGER DOWN! Ha ha!

Is work easing up a little, Walstein? I hope so! See you tomorrow! Salute!
    Last edited by ATAG_Marlow; May-28-2022 at 06:35.

9. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    460.85 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marlow View Post
    Excellent, Cybermat!

And for once I'm free to join in!

Walstein alert! If you see a JU 88 'up to no good'........... SHOOT THE B*GGER DOWN! Ha ha!

Is work easing up a little, Walstein? I hope so! See you tomoorw! Salute!
    You will not find me - I´ll fly high as can be! HA HAAA!
    And yes; workload is quite a bit lighter for this now on at least for couple of weeks. Hope to see (SHOOT) you soon.
    I remain
    ATAG_Walstein

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Walstein View Post
    You will not find me - I´ll fly high as can be! HA HAAA!
    And yes; workload is quite a bit lighter for this now on at least for couple of weeks. Hope to see (SHOOT) you soon.
    Snapper is preparing a special 'souped up' high altitude fighter for my specific use, Walstein, so.......

NOT IF I SEE YOU FIRST! HA HA! Salute!

12. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marlow View Post
    NOT IF I SEE YOU FIRST! HA HA! Salute!
    You'll be too busy trying to get rid of the flying vespa...
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    You'll be too busy trying to get rid of the flying vespa...
    Oh HELP! He's back! It's the flying Vespa! Salute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

That was fun! See you next time!

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for VCAF to putting that on and ATAG for the TS server, and to Walstein for the warm welcome. I hope you found your target with the Junkers.
    After a 4 year hiatus for myself from CLOD, I loaded her back up this morning and spotted the post on the IL-2 forums about tonights event.

To say I was nervous jumping in was an understatement but learned a hell of a lot. I think every I flew the 109 incorrect in every way, but hopefully you had fun shooting me down.
    I managed to get one cheeky snapshot on someone just SW of Calais towards the end there.

**Edit: Checked the footage and "Lead magnet" was my unfortunate only kill of the evening. Sorry pal, doubt you even seen me!
    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/1311755619

Excellent flying, baiting, and energy bleeding maneuvers from those Spit pilots above the channel. I had no chance.

Enjoy the rest of your weekends

Telf
    Last edited by Telf; May-28-2022 at 18:38.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    460.85 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Telf View Post
    Hi All,

Thanks a lot for VCAF to putting that on and ATAG for the TS server, and to Walstein for the warm welcome. I hope you found your target with the Junkers.
    After a 4 year hiatus for myself from CLOD, I loaded her back up this morning and spotted the post on the IL-2 forums about tonights event.

Enjoy the rest of your weekends

Telf
    Good morning Telf and everybody!

First thanks for organizing this game! It was fun. I flew the Junkers Ju 88 following the idea of having two friends: altitude and speed. As I approached the target next to Dover from south I got the third friend, Telf! So far so good!

This time I went too down and too fast achieving speed of 580 km/h. At the altitude of 1.700 meters I dropped the bombs as usual. But as I should have continued straight and level, I got confused - I don´t know why - and turned east instinctly heading home. That was not all. I also started climbing against all common sense. That is because my propeller pitch was as minimal as possible after the long and speedy dive. It took time to make the engines giving me speed again. Having lost the two friends I still had Telf, but then came a Hurricane. That pilot was not friend and a few seconds later I learned his name on the screen: "Sailor".

"Join the Navy and see the World", they used to say. I add that "join the Luftwaffe and see the Channel".

Eagerly waiting fot the next game and - Telf - it was pleasant to fly with you! and it was refreshing to swim home!
    I remain
    ATAG_Walstein

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Walstein View Post

"Join the Navy and see the World", they used to say. I add that "join the Luftwaffe and see the Channel".
    Ha haaaaagggghhhh! I have really enjoyed all the comments on this thread and thanks to Telf (SO glad you found us again!) and Walstein for their hilarious comments! Yes, everybody certainly noticed Sailor and his deadly Hurricane. He seemed to have a great night. I'm sure he saved my bacon at least once during the proceedings.

You probably didn't notice, Walstein but Knighty and myself were bearing down on you as fast as we could in our Spittys, when we were overtaken ...yes, overtaken....by Sailor, in his doughty Hurricane. He got to you first and the rest is history....plus a very damp Ju 88 pilot! I also had quite a few tussles with Bondi, who always gives us 'a good run for our money.' We did remark.... wistfully..... that he used to fly the Hurricane....incredibly well just like Sailor......but we lost him to 'the Dark Side' and now have to watch the high skies continually for his black shadow! ! Let's hope Sailor doesn't go the same way!"

I did muse reflectively during the evening.....nothing quite like a bit of musing.......that I had become a little stale around this fast dogfighting business. Too much chopping down easy bomber kills on the TWC Jubilee Server perhaps? So 'big thanks' to Cybermat for reminding us what great fun we can all have from 'a bit of madness' for a couple of hours. When's the next one? Salute!
    Last edited by ATAG_Marlow; May-29-2022 at 07:42.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

Thanks for the invite Cybermat

I had forgotten just how much fun is to be had on the VCAF server . I had a total blast to be honest , gave some and got some and was great meeting up with some old hands not seen for a while and meeting some new guys .

Until the next time

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    478.84 MB

made a video on last weekend's meetup. includes noofy ramming knight by the end of the 2nd sortie

https://youtu.be/nCD3CZQpVRE

by the way sorry if there were more people in our voice channel that I didn't mention. I didn't check teamspeak after I started the game.