Thread: IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs Of Dover and Desert Wings - Tobruk: Update 5.033

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs Of Dover and Desert Wings - Tobruk: Update 5.033

Greetings Pilots!

A new update is available on STEAM.

*** Bugfix: Blenheim bomber types were configured to use fighter AI.. [Oskar]

*** Campaign: Mission builders can access state.ini file. [Oskar]

*** Bugfix: Wellington gunners freeze defrosted. [MicroWave]

*** Reverted Windows Volume Mixer back to original Sound Volume slider to allow the user to independently adjust the radio voice volume. Please be advised that a master volume level lower that maximum (100%) could result in sounds with a lower volume level being rendered inaudible. [ATAG_Slipstream]

*** Single Mission: "Aftershocks": Adjusted 4./ZG 76 waypoint to prevent AI flight from hitting fuel tanks, which caused severe stuttering on some PCs. Revised 1./JG 2 briefing to make clear that this is an AI-only flight that spawns several minutes into the mission. [Cybermat47]

*** Updated German and Czech localisations (briefings and manuals) [Localisation Team]

Please note that when Single Missions are updated by TFS it is not automatic that you will see the updated missions in your game immediately. This is because TFS will *never* delete any files that are in your "\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover" folder! To get the updated Single Missions you must delete the existing missions in "\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Single" while the game is not running. Next time you start the game the updated Single Missions will be copied from the game's installation folder (...\Steam\steamapps\...) into "\Documents\1C SoftClub\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\missions\Single" where you can play them.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs Of Dover and Desert Wings - Tobruk: Update 5.033

freeze defrosted. [MicroWave]
    Priceless

3. Likes ATAG_Snapper, DerDa, Meaks, ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Thank you ever so much Artist old chap the latest update is as always very much appreciated

However,could I be so bold to ask if there has been any advancement on fixing this bug,the Wellington's bombardier's position?.... which also freezes when entering the position,making it almost impossible to drop bombs.....accurately.

Please refer to thread here: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=36164

Thank You Kindly Meaks

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Meaks View Post
    Thank you ever so much Artist old chap the latest update is as always very much appreciated

However,could I be so bold to ask if there has been any advancement on fixing this bug,the Wellington's bombardier's position?.... which also freezes when entering the position,making it almost impossible to drop bombs.....accurately.

Please refer to thread here: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=36164

Thank You Kindly Meaks
    Hey Meaks;

look at this:
    Bugfix: Wellington gunners freeze defrosted. [MicroWave]

That's just what you ask for

And that's why Spapper is planning a big outing of the Wimpy Squad.
    Hope to see you there!

S!

DerDa

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Hi DerDa many thanks for the heads up on this,I did'nt realise this encompassed the issue with the Bombardier's position too,that's great news,thanks again to you,to Artist and the Team for fixing this and to Snapper who's already planning a sortie

Better get some training done

****PLEASE NOTE****** The bugtracker was started by Pinguim.....it was he who asked for this fix in the first instance,all I did was make noises in the background,so credit to Pinguim for his bugtracker thread....thanks mate
    Last edited by Meaks; Jun-16-2022 at 10:32.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

7. Likes ATAG_Snapper, DerDa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Meaks View Post
    Hi DerDa many thanks for the heads up on this,I did'nt realise this encompassed the issue with the Bombardier's position too,that's great news,thanks again to you,to Artist and the Team for fixing this and to Snapper who's already planning a sortie

Better get some training done
    Yep, slight misnomer but I quickly updated to 5.033, jumped in a Welly, flipped to the bombardier position, and was overjoyed to confirm the freezing was indeed thawed! Thanks for the fix, Microwave - and the software update, Artist! What a team!

So, I’ll call on my partner in crime, Oskar (ie the brains behind my bold plan) and ply him with the promise of more promised - but to date, undelivered - beers to design a creative war map that holds a lot of appeal for Blue and Reds alike to clash.

In the meantime, we all need to remaster our chosen steed. We should get the Wimpey Squad together soon to practice some bomb runs. Who knows? Maybe there’ll be some obliging 109, 110, G.50 pilots around to practice our aerial gunnery on!

More info to follow!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

First Class Snapper,getting the jolly old Wimpey Squad back together again would be swell,but this video does somewhat remind me of our clan,different war and we're pilots of course,but it resonates on so many levels......I feel like Captain Darling coming back to the fold,so I hope you have a 'cunning and subtle'plan Captain Snapper,lol.

On hearing the news that we'd be going over the top again,and facing those 109 machine guns......made a note in my diary on the way here......simply says,bugger,ROFL.

'Good luck everyone'

Meaks

Last edited by Meaks; Jun-17-2022 at 14:04.

10. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Pinguim, ATAG_Bubba liked this post
    Supporting Member Blade_Meister's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    4.48 GB

Nice one gents. Good to see the old girl getting some love. I will have to jump in the Welly and do some familiarization over the weekend. Have flown her a handful of times and she is a lot of fun. have never bombed with her yet though. :-(
    Still waiting for that next massive update. Keep up the good work TFS.

S!Blade<><
    https://simhq.com/forum/ubbthreads.p...in#Post4501509 <-----'Wings Over The Reich: War Stories From The Battle Of Britain!'

12. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Meaks, ATAG_Bubba liked this post