Thread: LOD Issues w/MP DOT

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.31 MB

LOD Issues w/MP DOT

Not sure the direction with the LOD but the 109 and other aircraft at particular distances are getting really blocky. I have tried everything to remove the DOT in offline play as well as online play. Here are some photos:

At certain point it looks like you have put an X marks the spot or thickened the fuselage and it muddies the plane at shorter distances.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X9d...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ILF...ew?usp=sharing
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/14oY...ew?usp=sharing

By the third shot it is clean. Anyway to remove this server side? So that the LOD changes you are making or the MP DOT for VR is not rendering. I never had any issues in 4k spotting and it seems the DOT even for targets on the ground are look like a bunch a rectangular splotches all over the map. It seems even if the server reduces everything they are still there....

Not sure but any help either in RCU or SRCU file to clean up MP DOT or just take a look at it and please post a series of photos showing me that it is my settings may be...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Re: LOD Issues w/MP DOT

The problem of the Target Dots overlaying the 3D rendering of the target (within a certain range only) is a known issue. I'm working on that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    66.34 MB

First of all I want to express my admiration for the whole work of the Team Fusion mates. I still fly CloD from time to time to check the state of progress of this project but my main simulation is BoX since a while. Compared with BoX the contact spotting in CloD was even before the target dot rework much better than in BoX. But also in BoX the contact spotting is mainly a matter of practice and the correct calibration of the computer screen, TrackIR and the ingame zoom options. Real pilots are describing the spotting system in Box as quite realistic. So in my opinion the target dot rework for CloD was not really necessary. Unfortunately in the current state it makes the whole spotting process much worse. Fingers crossed you will get the problems solved but I think for now it would be better to return to the old version before the rework.

4. Likes GANIX liked this post
    Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.31 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Artist View Post
    The problem of the Target Dots overlaying the 3D rendering of the target (within a certain range only) is a known issue. I'm working on that.
    Thank you sir for the response! Our group that fly's every Sunday @2pm Eastern are not giving up and I am glad that it is being looked into I will relay the message to those concerned and look forward to the DLC and will pay another 40 bucks for all the work that you guys are trying to do. I have spent more on MODULES for DCS, and since I believe in the Cliffs of Dover product and what Team Fusion has done.

Looking forward to what comes in the FALL!

Blacknight

6. Likes ATAG_Marlow, Dauntless, Sleepy_Fly liked this post