Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wellington 'N for Nuts' airborne again

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Wellington 'N for Nuts' airborne again

I finally had some time free to get my personal Wellington Mk1a 'N for Nuts' airborne,took off from Ford Aerodrome,and after climbing up to about 10,300 feet flew straight and level for a few minutes before engaging the Wellington's autopilot.

Set the sight speed and sight altitude before jumping into the bomb aimer's position and setting a course for France where I practised some high altitude bombing at about 16,000 feet over Calias-Marck Airfield.

I can report aircraft handling well,bomb aimer's position functioning superbly.....which is more than I can say for the pilot who needs a few days at operational training school !

Great to have the Wellington back fellas.....what a beauty she is !

(Superb 149 Sqd skin courtesy of Larry69)
    Last edited by Meaks; Jun-24-2022 at 09:07.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Re: Wellington 'N for Nuts' airborne again

I say, Meaksy! Bang on, Old chap! She IS a beauty! And her doughnuts are absolute knock out!
    (I presume you're referring to the luscious Big Hilda, down at Dispersal? What a bonny kite! Eh!)

An excellent report and delighted to hear the old Wimpey is serviceable and 'ready for action' again! I am on a spot of leave at the moment! Up north with the Grandkiddliwinks but back next Wednesday......and not before time because......a word in your shell like.......there is a rumour that a 'big op' is brewing and I don't want to miss it.

Apparently, this is a job for 'the main men'......the Elite Professionals...aka.....the Wimpey Squadron! We're going to strike the foe hard (as Snargle, he say!) so:

What say you to an ...impromptu......off the cuff....informal......practice mission, where we carry out a high level bombing raid on a target to be decided on the night? (To ensure absolute security, of course! Always best to leave the enemy guessing, what? Ahem!)

This raid could be executed anytime after next Wednesday...maybe Thursday or Friday evening? On a Server of our choice. Any other pilots free at the time are most welcome to join and members of the Wimpey Squad are, of course, especially welcome.
    If we can schedule take off for Thursday or Friday evening we may be able to get hold of Dazza. Apparently, he has another secret mission on Saturday night but we may be able to tempt him into a Welly on a Thursday or Friday, especially if we can 'pull some strings up at Group.'

What say you, Meaksy? Even two kites can do a lot of damage.........Salute!

3. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Meaks, DerDa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Count me in, gents!!!!!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

5. Likes Meaks, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marlow View Post
    Apparently, this is a job for 'the main men'......the Elite Professionals...aka.....the Wimpey Squadron! We're going to strike the foe hard (as Snargle, he say!) so:

What say you to an ...impromptu......off the cuff....informal......practice mission, where we carry out a high level bombing raid on a target to be decided on the night? (To ensure absolute security, of course! Always best to leave the enemy guessing, what? Ahem!)
    Whatto!! Marlow dear boy.....your Wink,wink,nudge,nudge,impromptu,off the cuff,informal practice mission sounds just the ticket......and if anybody else would like to join our clan then bally good show!

I see that fine fellow Snapper has already answered the call....well done Snapper,come on gentlemen,let's all link arms together for another push against the enemy,Marlow,Thursday night would suit me.

Re Target Security Mum's the word.....and loose lips sink ships,so agreed,we'll choose our target on the night.

Chillblast Fusion Cirrus 2 FS Pc/Intel Core i7-7700K Kaby Lake CPU/Gigabyte Nvidia GTX 1070 G1 8GB/Seagate 2TB FireCuda SSHD/16GB DDR4 2133MHz Memory/Asus STRIX Z270F Gaming Motherboard/Corsair Hydro Series H80i GT Liquid Cooler/TM Warthog with Sahaj 15cm Extension/MFG Crosswind Pedals/Saitek Cessna Trim Wheel & Throttle Quadrants/TrackiR4/Windows 10 Home/Sense of humour,I find it comes in handy !

7. Likes ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Whizzo! Top drawer, Meaksy!

I'm pretty sure I can make the mission on Thursday evening and with Snap on board we can make a bigger dent in the Blue's plans. See you then! Salute

9. Likes Meaks, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Wednesday evening is regular flying time for FG28, so there might be some fighter cover availabel (not all of us master these birds with the two fans in front ...)
    Thurs- or Friday would be fine with me as well, I'll be there, dropping whatever you want on command

11. Likes Meaks, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Excellent, DerDa! We would be delighted to have the FG28 Boys along! I also am delighted to report that one ATAG_Walstein, recently captured after flying his beloved Ju 88 into a ditch in Dungeness, has volunteered for 'King and Country' and will now try his hand at the Wellington.

So with a four Wellington strike force, plus FG28 as effective fighter cover (and confidence boosters!) our power has quadrupled over night! As Snapper said in the Mess last night....after one or two sherbets: 'Bet those Blues are quaking in their boots!!'

All we need now is ATAG_Laser to keep the Blues off our rear end and Dazza to make sure we hit something......other than the beach!

Shall we gather at 7.30pm GMT (remember Summertime) on TS to have a Top Secret, High Level Summit Meeting to discuss....... Ssh! Salute!

13. Likes Meaks, ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Slot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marlow View Post
    Shall we gather at 7.30pm GMT (remember Summertime) on TS to have a Top Secret, High Level Summit Meeting to discuss....... Ssh! Salute!
    A 7.30pm GMT meet up on TS sounds great Marlow see you there,I look forward to seeing you,Snapper,DerDa and any others that can make it

15. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Slot, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Meaks View Post
    A 7.30pm GMT meet up on TS sounds great Marlow see you there,I look forward to seeing you,Snapper,DerDa and any others that can make it
    OK, I entered 7:30 pm London, England Time = 2:30 pm Toronto, Canada Time for me. (And I’ll just monitor TS to see who and when pops in! LOL)

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

17. Likes ATAG_Marlow, Meaks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    OK, I entered 7:30 pm London, England Time = 2:30 pm Toronto, Canada Time for me. (And I’ll just monitor TS to see who and when pops in! LOL)
    7:30 GMT is 8:30 London Summer Time… just to say.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

19. Likes ATAG_Slot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    Thanks, Noofy! That makes it 3:30 pm my time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Pensiamo in secoli!

22. Likes ATAG_Marlow, Meaks liked this post
    ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.10 MB

Hi all
    lf i can make it Thursday could do with the practise too.

The more the merrier.

No idea on the timezones....
    Win10 x64, i5-10600K CPU @ 4.1GHz, ASUS RTX 3060Ti 8GB, 16GB(DDR4 3600MHz XMP) RAM, Dell 2560x1440 27" 165hz, Microsoft FFB2, Edtracker(wireless).
    Nvidia driver version: 537.58

24. Likes ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_Snapper, Meaks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Slot View Post
    No idea on the timezones....
    If in doubt, just google "what is 7:30 PM GMT here?"
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Hi all
    lf i can make it Thursday could do with the practise too.
    It will be great to see you Slot welcome buddy and join the club,your not alone.....I know I need the practise as well.

27. Likes ATAG_Slot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Slottie!!!! Great to have you on board for this secret mission!

As to timing, what Noufi fails to explain above (and I don't blame him. I only just understand it myself! Cough, cough!)...... is that during British Summer Time, England actually moves slower than the rest of the world. This has the effect of lengthening our daylight hours, which is jolly useful cos it means we can get out and water the garden and wash the car!

Unfortunately, time does not slow down where Snapper is, which is why he's always rushing around like a whirling dervish. And of course, he's always trying to catch us up......which also explains why his Wimpey is always lagging behind!

But......if Snap is always behind us, in fact, he's almost..... 'yesterday,' Pattle is always way out in front. In fact, Pattle is 'tomorrow!' This is why, when TFS sends a manned crew to Mars ......which is what they'll be working on after the next monster update.......they'll probably send Australians cos they're already out 'in front!' This is why Pattle was recruited to TFS but don't tell anyone...... very hush, hush!

And there you have it! Apologies if I haven't explained the time too clearly but ..... I've been with the Grandkiddliwinks all day ...........and it gets you like that!!!

I think Meaksy understands...........! Slute.

29. Likes DerDa, Meaks, ATAG_Slot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Have a gig in LA Wed and not back until Thurs eve Can time. Then shows Fri / Sat. So that's me out for this week.

Near Dayton Ohio currently for 2nd of 2 shows tonight. Took a visit through huge Air Museum near Wright Patterson AFB today. Now it's pre show nap time. Driving home 7 hrs through the night to attend Canadian Warplane Heritage Museum event Sun. I'll be knackered but certain it'll be worth it with visiting FW190 P40 Mossie etc. Definitely worth it.

Daz

31. Likes Meaks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

That works!

I also tried my cellphone:

Snapper: “Hey Siri! What is 7:30 pm GMT in Toronto time?”

Siri: “Ask Noofy!”

33. Likes ATAG_Marlow, ATAG_Knight, Meaks, ATAG_Slot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

The problem here is 'here'.
    You can either determine exactly where you are, or exactly how fast you are.

Since tortoises can be astonishingly quick, there is just no way to determine where they are, or if you know where they are, then when, or how ... or what?

DerHeisenbergDa
    Last edited by DerDa; Jun-25-2022 at 16:30.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Ha ha! Precisely, DerDa! Couldn't have put it better myself! Salute!

36. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Noofy, Meaks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Many apologies tonight gents....yes I could hear you all,nice to hear the old voices again,alas though I could not transmit.....simple matter of my microphone was switched off at the headphone controls....DOH !!!!

All working now everyone's gone of course Grrrr !

38. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Meaks View Post
    Many apologies tonight gents....yes I could hear you all,nice to hear the old voices again,alas though I could not transmit.....simple matter of my microphone was switched off at the headphone controls....DOH !!!!

All working now everyone's gone of course Grrrr !
    I've done exactly that more than a few times. Found myself scratching my head, checking mic settings in TS, in Windows Audio settings, etc etc, changing USB ports....then finally noticing that gremlins had turned the little mic switch to OFF.

40. Likes Meaks liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    The problem here is 'here'.
    You can either determine exactly where you are, or exactly how fast you are.

Since tortoises can be astonishingly quick, there is just no way to determine where they are, or if you know where they are, then when, or how ... or what?

DerHeisenbergDa
    When you type a question with "here", good old Google anticipates by trying to locate your whereabouts through your IP address.
    Unless you are using a VPN on a server located in a different time zone, you should be OK.
    Again, if in doubt, replace "here" by the name of the nearest big city.

42. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    536.62 MB

Hi all,
    Unfortunately, I'm out for this coming week. Thursday 7.30 pm GMT is Friday 5.30 am down here in old Melbourne town. A bit too early for me on a weekday.
    I am however getting in quite a bit of practise in the Wimpey again and if there are any practice sessions of a weekend, I'll be in. Looking forward to the upcoming Wellington big show.
    ATAG_Bubba

44. Likes Meaks, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    227.55 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    I've done exactly that more than a few times. Found myself scratching my head, checking mic settings in TS, in Windows Audio settings, etc etc, changing USB ports....then finally noticing that gremlins had turned the little mic switch to OFF.
    Yeah.....it was so simple Snap I did'nt realise or forgot there was a separate on/off for my headphones,I had'nt used TS for some time and I must have inadvertently switched it off at some point in time......and yes,I did go through everything under tools/options the whole lot! lol.....what a chump!

Ok....well I'll be ok for the next time.

46. Likes ATAG_Snapper, DerDa liked this post
    ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.10 MB

I think DerDa and Marlow described it best.

Unfortunately We spring forward and fall back at various point of the year which either makes me very grumpy as I lose an hours sleep or very early as I forget to change the clocks.

I can’t imagine how Pattle and Bubba feel about getting up at silly o’clock in the morning to talk to us lot!

If you see a Welli circling the field burning off fuel it will be me, mode 22 and asleep at the yolk.
    Win10 x64, i5-10600K CPU @ 4.1GHz, ASUS RTX 3060Ti 8GB, 16GB(DDR4 3600MHz XMP) RAM, Dell 2560x1440 27" 165hz, Microsoft FFB2, Edtracker(wireless).
    Nvidia driver version: 537.58

48. Likes ATAG_Bubba, ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Well, it seems Meaks, Snapper and me got the fine chronology that is shown on the clock perfectly right, while Marlow forgot to specify the broader frame, i.e. the day for the meeting, because he didn't show up to his own meeting.

Next time please a full date that everyone can understand like 19:30 GMT, tune 6-flow: sunsign-reed, 2775 ab urbe condita.
    It wouldn't hurt perhaps to specify planet, solar system and galaxy as well, just to be on the save side.
    Last edited by DerDa; Jun-26-2022 at 13:50.

50. Likes Meaks, ATAG_Bubba, ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Slot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

If you see a Welli circling the field burning off fuel it will be me, mode 22 and asleep at the yolk.
    … I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers …

52. Likes ATAG_Slot liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    while Marlow forgot to specify the broader frame, i.e. the day for the meeting, because he didn't show up to his own meeting.
    He did say "next Thursday because for now I am up north with the Grandkiddliwinks but back next Wednesday"…
    Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; Jun-26-2022 at 09:33.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

He did say "next Thursday because for now I am up north with the Grandkiddliwinks but back next Wednesday"…
    Bang on! Noufi! (No wonder that man worked at Bletchely Park during the war! What would we have done without him?)

But if DerDa is confused.....the Blues don't stand a chance! And so the good news is: the Secret Top Level Mission is not compromised.........,and a wizard prang is ours for the taking!

However, DerDa has a point and maybe the date should have been given so he could plan his week. (Fancy you forgetting that, Meaksy!!! () A rookie mistake, surely?)

Thursday, June 30th is the Day! We will assemble on TS as close to 7.30pm BST as we can and then decide which Server to use and which target to obliterate with our awesome bombing accuracy.......or not!

See you on Thursday for a Welly Reunion! Salute!

P.s. Sorry you can't join us! Dazza, but good luck with the gigs. They sound serious fun....and I'm sure you will be able to join us next time when Group sends us back to 'finish the job!'

55. Likes Dazza, ATAG_Slot liked this post
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast