Thread: Why does no one use Comms anymore?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Why does no one use Comms anymore?

Teamspeak and discord seem to be unused during my last few sorties. Does any one have any idea why radio communications no longer seem to be used?

A major appeal in the past has been the immersion achieved by talking to each other using these systems. If comms have changed or I'm doing something wrong, please post...
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Re: Why does no one use Comms anymore?

Hi Baffin......as far as I am aware nothing much has changed except the servers are often quiet at the moment. This may be a combination of people doing more outdoor stuff during the summer months with corresponding numbers on the servers ...... and the fact that some pilots have opted to use discord. I think a lot of TWC pilots use discord.

I've never used discord because TS still 'does the business for me' so far and I see no reason to change. There are a bunch of us who still resort to TS every time we fly. The Wimpey Squad were all on TS last night and will continue to use it into the future. It's true that that we've had a long break due to the Wimpey being U/S but with the a/c now air worthy again we are very much planning on being a frequent feature on the servers...and we will use TS.

However, numbers are down at the moment and we are all very much hoping that when the next big update is launched it will bring everyone back. It's strange that pilots often reappear for an 'event' but then disappear for weeks at a time afterwards. It's the day to day flying that interests me, too.....but then being retired I have more time than most.

I wonder if anyone has a better answer than mine? I think interest in WWII aircraft will always be here but, unfortunately, we are a very elite, singular group. Salute!

3. Likes Baffin, TWC_Padre, rontaila liked this post