Thread: Which versions of CoD will run on windows 10 64 bit ?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Which versions of CoD will run on windows 10 64 bit ?

Hi,
    I fly v 4.53 on win 7 64bit pro, also v5.015
    I far prefer v4.53 as the Harry Potter canopy effects in v5 are not as per reality and ruin the realism and photo captures that v4.53 gives. Also cockpit shadows are so dark I cannot see the items. Ruins the photos and internal flying. Colours are darker etc., I need to assess how my custom skins I have made are looking so need to run both versions for comparisons.

I sometimes run an earlier version to check something.

Just which versions will install under win10 64 bit ?

Cheers

BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: Which versions of CoD will run on windows 10 64 bit ?

All versions of CLIFFS run on W10.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    197.43 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BOBC View Post
    Hi,
    Also cockpit shadows are so dark I cannot see the items. Ruins the photos and internal flying. Colours are darker etc., I need to assess how my custom skins I have made are looking so need to run both versions for comparisons.

BOBC
    Have you already tried to reduce contrast of your monitor?
    Do you run reshade?

I run V5 on windows 10 64 bits without problem. (right click, run as administrator).
    "You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"

Win 11 Pro - I5-12600KF - 32GB Ram - RTX 3080 TI 12GB (non OC) - SSD Sata 970 GBB (System) - NVMe 980 GB (games storage) - Lenovo 27'' 144Hz - HP Reverb G2 v2 -
    WMR environment : Empty room (SkySpaces) - SteamVR resolution : 2192x2144 (48%)
    nVidia driver : 536.23

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

A warning:

If you have 3rd party 32 bit programs running, these may cause issues with the game.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi,
    Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    A warning:

If you have 3rd party 32 bit programs running, these may cause issues with the game.
    All versions run fine for me, and if all will run on win10 thats great news.
    I need to fathom out how to do my installs as I have them, all over again, without Steam upgrading an existing version. They install to D and C, each version has its own folder on D, I just alter the folder on C to be the one with no suffix, the suffix says 'remove before flight' and whatever folder is sans suffix, that exe runs !

I usually have Pshop minimised as I am skinning and flying. Its never caused an issue at all, ever.

Only v5 sees the Harry Potter effects and dark shadows.
    Monitor is £1400 Eizo self calibrates, is accurate with colours and no way am I altering its display when its settings in CoD that are the cause, it was said the colour engine was going to change altering the way all things looked, making skins different etc, I didnt expect cockpit interiors to go shadow overkill though, and as I say all looks fine, until v5.

I have some comparison screenies to post when I get 5 mins.

the electric cyan blue reflections in glazing are by design, fiddling, call it what you will. It looked real until v5. Nothing to do with my Eizo, I bet you all have arching electric blue Harry Potter reflections in the glazing going on now.

BOBC

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Harry Potter version sounds like you have the anti/epilepsy filter enabled in graphics options.

Wasn't aware you could run CloD without Steam, how are you doing that?

Cheers,. MP
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

Hi,
    I have the versions in Steam folder on C drive 1c softclub, and the exe file launcher and assoc stuff in named folders suffix version number on D drive.

Lets say I run v4.53 then I disable the other folders in1c Softclub Steam suffixing it _RemoveBeforeFlightV5 and others accordingly, leaving the V4.53 no suffixe and then run the exe in the v4.53 folder and all runs.
    I rarely have steam set to online, its offline mode, I run it, it complains, I minimise it, then d/click my shorcut to v4.53 and away we go.

BOBC