Thread: Cannot launch COD Blitz

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    10.50 MB

Cannot launch COD Blitz

Hi Folks...
    Complete noob here.....other than owning Sturmovik.
    So...I purchased CODB via Steam and the game would not launch. After an hour of pissing about i uninstalled it and applied for a refund and got it.
    I then went to the IL-2 store and purchased it from there, it states it will work with Win 10.....got it with a Steam Key and same thing, will not launch and it also does not appear in my steam library.
    No idea what I'm doing wrong so if anyone could give me some pointers I'd be very grateful.
    System is Win 10 x64
    AMD B550 MB
    AMD 5800x
    3080ti
    32gb RAM..
    Cheers and thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: Cannot launch COD Blitz

Hello Mr. Gambler

The first and most common cause of a failure to launch is your Anti-Virus is blocking the launch .exe.

I would recommend you turn off your AV prior to installation, then turn it back on after.

Also look at adding an exception in the AV for the launcher file... plus an exception for the entire CLIFFS install folder.

All these issues and details are covered in the 'Getting Started and Troubleshooting Guide' which is located in the main CLIFFS install folder in 'manuals'.

Here is a list of common causes for failure to launch:

Known Crash or failure to launch causes:

- Anti-Virus deleting parts of the install... disable or turn off completely AV prior to install. Install game as Admin.

- Anti-Virus blocking launcher64.exe... put exceptions for launcher into Windows Defender and/or any other AV program you are running.

- Latest version of Microsoft Net Framework not installed... Install.

- If you are running a super wide screen monitor, maximum refresh rate should be 60 hz.

- Win10 Controlled Folder Access is turned on. It blocks Launcher. Turn it off or add exception for CoD BLITZ.

- Steering Wheels: Logitech G27 MoMo, etc. Unplug the wheel, or unplug, then start the game, plug in the wheel immediately after game launch.

- Steam Overlay running: Turn it off.

- MSI Afterburner if running prior to game launch will sometimes cause crashes... can be started after launch.

- Check to see what 3rd party programs you are running.... turn them off... game has issues with 3rd Party, especially 32 bit programs.

- Multi Screen management programs. Any program which manages multiple screens can cause a crash... turn off.

- MS Visual C++ 2017 Redistributable not installed on laptop... install.

- Gaijin.net from War Thunder. If installed, causes crashes. If you got War Thunder outside of Steam this is installed. If you installed WT through Steam, it is not.

- Windows kb4054518 update not installed. Negative, this will change the colour scheme of game... but usually will reset back to normal after exiting the game.

- Don't forget to update Windows!

Quote Originally Posted by kennyrodgers247 View Post
    Hi Folks...
    Complete noob here.....other than owning Sturmovik.
    So...I purchased CODB via Steam and the game would not launch. After an hour of pissing about i uninstalled it and applied for a refund and got it.
    I then went to the IL-2 store and purchased it from there, it states it will work with Win 10.....got it with a Steam Key and same thing, will not launch and it also does not appear in my steam library.
    No idea what I'm doing wrong so if anyone could give me some pointers I'd be very grateful.
    System is Win 10 x64
    AMD B550 MB
    AMD 5800x
    3080ti
    32gb RAM..
    Cheers and thanks in advance.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    10.50 MB

Hi and thanks for the reply...
    I did try and figure it out myself and came across that list, read through it and applied what I thought would be relevant to my PC
    I don't have any anti virus software on the machine but I've enabled the app in defender.
    This is a strictly gaming PC and I only really use it for a particular driving sim, I use another pc for web browsing...
    It was getting late lat night so I'll double check the other things and report back.
    Thanks again.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

You also might want to look at this section of the forum:

https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...play.php?f=472

See you in the skies soon!

S!

DerDa

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    10.50 MB

Thanks for the help...
    I downloaded the troubleshooter pdf, so far .....No joy...

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Thanks for the help...
    I downloaded the troubleshooter pdf, so far .....No joy...
    Did you re-install with AV off and add the exceptions?

Also, delete your cache file, (documents/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/) prior to re-installing.

If you are still having problems, then go to this post and 1) enable your logfile and 2) run the game and see what the logfile generates, then also generate the list of programs you are running.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...u-are-running/

7. Likes Dauntless liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    10.50 MB

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Did you re-install with AV off and add the exceptions?

Also, delete your cache file, (documents/1C SoftClub/il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover/) prior to re-installing.

If you are still having problems, then go to this post and 1) enable your logfile and 2) run the game and see what the logfile generates, then also generate the list of programs you are running.

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...u-are-running/
    Hi Bud...
    I don't have any anti virus software on my PC and I've enabled ( checked the box) the box for CODB in defender
    I'm a bit tied up for a couple of hours but I'll do the logfile and report back.
    In the meantime...
    I got the steam code from the store, downloaded the game and when i press play on steam a dialogue box pops up for approx 2 seconds saying "syncing files to steam" and that's as much as is happening.
    The original CLOD was not installed on this machine, i've disconnected all my usb's, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, tried run as admin on the the launcher 64 and that's where I'm at.
    I'm wanting to pull the trigger on Normandy but this is making me have second thoughts.....I'd like to buy Tobruk as well but obviously that can't happen until this is resolved.
    PS, i can't find a 1C softclub folder either....I have Steam Apps on my D drive, not sure if that makes any difference but I'm stumped as to where to look for it.
    Last edited by kennyrodgers247; Jul-25-2022 at 13:17.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Hi Bud...
    I don't have any anti virus software on my PC and I've enabled ( checked the box) the box for CODB in defender
    I'm a bit tied up for a couple of hours but I'll do the logfile and report back.
    In the meantime...
    I got the steam code from the store, downloaded the game and when i press play on steam a dialogue box pops up for approx 2 seconds saying "syncing files to steam" and that's as much as is happening.
    The original CLOD was not installed on this machine, i've disconnected all my usb's, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, tried run as admin on the the launcher 64 and that's where I'm at.
    I'm wanting to pull the trigger on Normandy but this is making me have second thoughts.....I'd like to buy Tobruk as well but obviously that can't happen until this is resolved.
    PS, i can't find a 1C softclub folder either....I have Steam Apps on my D drive, not sure if that makes any difference but I'm stumped as to where to look for it.
    If you are getting message about synching to Steam... that means your Steam Cloud is on... as it says in the 'Getting Started Guide...' turn it off.

All optional Steam programs not directly related to the game being launched on Steam should be turned off. In Steam Settings.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    10.50 MB

I read the guide Bud and I've disabled steam cloud globally in the settings and double checked it isn't enabled on the properties tab for the game.
    Stopped and restarted Steam, click play on the game, it goes from green play to blue stop, Regardless of the cloud settings I'm still getting the same message pop up for 2 seconds "syncronising steam cloud" then the button goes back to green play.
    Not sure if this is relevant or not but my Launcher64 file is only 382kb ?
    Last edited by kennyrodgers247; Jul-26-2022 at 03:26.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

I read the guide Bud and I've disabled steam cloud globally in the settings and double checked it isn't enabled on the properties tab for the game.
    Stopped and restarted Steam, click play on the game, it goes from green play to blue stop, Regardless of the cloud settings I'm still getting the same message pop up for 2 seconds "syncronising steam cloud" then the button goes back to green play.
    As mentioned, you clearly have Steam Cloud enabled... that is why you are getting the message.

I would recommend you ask the guys at Steam how to turn it off if you are having problems doing so.

Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.94 GB

It sounds like you are doing everything right. But to be safe, your Steam Settings should look like this but with the cloud setting unchecked (I have it checked because I have other games that benefit from cloud settings and I don't have a conflict):

Steam Cloud Settings.jpg

And then right click on the game in Steam Library and this should be your setting:

CloD Properties.jpg

My Launcher64 is 382Kb too.

I'm sure your frustrated but keep persevering, this game is really worth the effort.

Keep holding and don't fold... yet. (lame reference).

Really dumb question. You didn't once buy the original Cliffs of Dover and have installed it instead of Blitz version? Are all other games you have working fine? Might want to make sure you are up to date with video drivers.

Paul
    Desktop - Alienware R10, AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, 64Gb DDR4-3400Mhz OC 3734Mhz, Dell RTX 3090 24Gb (512.15), Dell 3221QS (4K @ 60Hz), Win 11 (22000.567), C Drive Steam default, Reverb G2, WMR SteamVR beta - 100% (3160x3088), TM Warthog Throttle/Stick, TM T-Rudder, TM MFDx2, Razer Tartarus Pro
    Laptop - Dell G7 7590, Intel i7-8750H, 64Gb DDR-2666Mhz, GPU0 Intel UHD 630 1Gb GPU1 Dell RTX 2060 6Gb (512.15), BenQ EX3203R (3K @ 60Hz), Win 11 (22000.567), C drive Steam default, Samsung Odyssey+, WMR SteamVR beta - 100% (1440x1796), TM T16000M, TM TWCS

13. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Dauntless liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

I suggest you run Steam, CLoD and anything associated with playing our sim as an Administrator. This solves a lot of unexplainable issues...
    Last edited by Baffin; Jul-28-2022 at 09:22.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.