Thread: Back to the Battle Online Event July 30 2000 UTC

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Back to the Battle Online Event July 30 2000 UTC

Hi all,

Following todays outstanding success, where the ATAG Server was at its full 83 player capacity, we will be back to the battle on Saturday 30 July at 2000 UTC.

30 July event_3.1.1_4.1.6.jpg

With many tasting success, and others, scores to settle... we are looking forward to another full server and a sky full of hot action!

Look forward to seeing you there.

TFS Team

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Re: Back to the Battle Online Event July 30 2000 UTC

Thanks to everyone who was able to make today's event.

We had a full 83 player server within minutes of the map starting!

Brilliant to see so many old and new players joining and having fun.

Will let everyone know soon when the next event will be. It will be a Tobruk mission.

Cheers,

Pattle

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    119.00 MB

It was a great event . If you didn't make it you missed a cracker . Good to see so many on the server and I'm looking forward to the next one , hope I can make it .

"Rules are put in place for the guidance of the wise and the obedience of fools" - J W Thomas

Intel i7-6700k 4.00GHz , 850w PSU , GeForce GTX 1080ti 11GB GPU , 16GB RAM , Acer Predator Z35p Monitor , TrackIR5 , Thrustmaster Warthog H.O.T.A.S , MGF Crosswind Rudder Pedals .

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

I had a blast. I tend to fly lone wolf, but I get on Teamspeak for the valuable intel and, quite honestly, the hilarious commentary that comes with it.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Unfortunately I am unable to attend these Saturday evening events. However, it seemed that once again we had a full server and I was not required to 'Make up the numbers'

Good to see that the events are proving a success and that everyone is having fun.

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.10 MB

Had fun with both low and high altitude bombing but poor Blennie on its own lacks any punch and precision was lacking.

Avoiding the flak boats was vital for survival. Only made that mistake once.

Need Wimply squad to collectively carpet bomb!

Hopefully on Tobruk map we will get to fly our beloved Wellis.

Win10 x64, i5-10600K CPU @ 4.1GHz, ASUS RTX 3060Ti 8GB, 16GB(DDR4 3600MHz XMP) RAM, Dell 2560x1440 27" 165hz, Microsoft FFB2, Edtracker(wireless).
    Nvidia driver version: 537.58

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Laser View Post
    Unfortunately I am unable to attend these Saturday evening events. However, it seemed that once again we had a full server and I was not required to 'Make up the numbers'

Good to see that the events are proving a success and that everyone is having fun.
    Yep. The server was full and we all had a lot of fun...but it still wasn't the same without you, Lase.

What kind of day/time(s) would work for you better?

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hi All.......Huge thanks to Pat for organising these highly populer events! I'm so sorry I couldn't attend because, it being Summer, I have lots of family 'you'll be hung, drawn and quartered,' and divorced....if you're not there....type of events! Hopefully, I'll be able to join in soon.

I returned yesterday from Gibraltar, where amongst other events I checked out the airfield at RAF Gibraltar. The Control (Watch) Tower doesn't seem to have changed that much since the war years. Very interesting...full of history linked to our 'Tobruk' and the Battle of Malta ...and the landing and take off for return to Heathrow was exhilarating. The runway has been considerably lengthened into the Bay of Algeciras but....hell....did he slam on the breaks after touch down!

On the return, we approached Heathrow from the east and for a moment I thought I was flying Cliffs! It all looked so familiar! Thank God Highseas wasn't flying or else our Airbus would have gone through Tower Bridge! (Or not!)

Keep 'em coming, Pat! I'll make one soon! Salute!
    Last edited by ATAG_Marlow; Aug-01-2022 at 09:04.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    212.17 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Yep. The server was full and we all had a lot of fun...but it still wasn't the same without you, Lase.

What kind of day/time(s) would work for you better?
    Hi Snap

To be honest there are no good times for me at the moment.

Work is busier than ever meaning that I get home completely shattered. I try and get 20 minutes or so on the guitar each evening but that's about it. Weekends I am usually out watching bands, out for meals and other social stuff with my wife. If places on the server are in demand then it's probably best to leave those places for folks that are actually able to play the sim anyway, but like I said, it's good to see.

Intel i5-2500 CPU @3.30GHZ Quad core , NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti , 8GB RAM , Windows 10 pro 64-Bit, ASUS VS 278 27" Monitor , Microsoft Sidewinder 2 Joystick

Saitek pro Flight Yoke, quadrant and rudder pedals

PS3 eye Head Tracker using Trackhat software. Secondary Head Tracker , Ed Tracker

10. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Marlow View Post
    Hi All.......Huge thanks to Pat for organising these highly populer events! I'm so sorry I couldn't attend because, it being summe,r I have lots of family 'you'll be hung, drawn and quartered,' and divorced....if you're not there....type of events! Hopefully, I'll be able to join in soon.

I returned yesterday from Gibraltar, where amongst other events I checked out the airfield at RAF Gibraltar. The Control (Watch) Tower doesn't seem to have changed that much since the war years. Very interesting...full of history linked to our 'Tobruk' and the Battle of Malta ...and the landing and take off for return to Heathrow was exhilarating. The runway has been considerably lengthened into the Bay of Algeciras but....hell....did he slam on the breaks after touch down!

On the return, we approached Heathrow from the east and for a moment I thought I was flying Cliffs! It all looked so familiar! Thank God Highseas wasn't flying or else our Airbus would have gone through Tower Bridge! (Or not!)

Keep 'em coming, Pat! I'll make one soon! Salute!

Great to hear you are back home safely Marlow. I you could please let Jen know that the fate of tge virtual world rests on your shoulders, and granting a couple of hours leave for event, is actually a community service.

I reckon that'll work

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Pattle View Post
    Great to hear you are back home safely Marlow. I you could please let Jen know that the fate of tge virtual world rests on your shoulders, and granting a couple of hours leave for event, is actually a community service.

I reckon that'll work
    Yep. As I head downstairs to the rec room/virtual cockpit Mrs Snapper says, “Guess we won’t see you for the rest of the day!” …to which I reply, “Well, we can either fight them down there or fight them up here, dearest.”

Then I duck and scuttle downstairs quickly!

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.10 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    “Guess we won’t see you for the rest of the day!”

A familiar scene repeated in many a clod household.

In my case normally also preceded by Mrs Slot asking..
    “Are you sure you have worked out the correct GMT” and;
    “Don’t get lost this time. Follow that nice Mr Marlow he seems to know what he is doing.” and;
    “Who is Hilda?”

Win10 x64, i5-10600K CPU @ 4.1GHz, ASUS RTX 3060Ti 8GB, 16GB(DDR4 3600MHz XMP) RAM, Dell 2560x1440 27" 165hz, Microsoft FFB2, Edtracker(wireless).

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

.....'WHO IS HILDA!' OMG!

You didn't tell her did you? Or we're ALL in the slammer!

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    114.10 MB

Confession time, I may have blurted it out during my recurrent nightmare about doughnuts and thongs.

I am more surprised she didn’t ask about the thong....