Thread: Screenshot hot key

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    249.18 MB

Screenshot hot key

My screenshot hot key recently started misbehaving. I have "Take ScreenShot" mapped to PrintScreen but I noticed yesterday screenshots weren't being saved to my ..\screenshots folder. Instead they were only saved to RAM and I could paste into an image editor (Paint or GIMP).

If I use Shift+PrintScreen (with mapping still just PrintScreen) the screenshot is created in the right folder. If I map a different key (for instance "U") the screenshot is also created properly.

My confUser.ini has:
    [HotKey BOB]
    PrintScreen=ScreenShot

The PrintScreen key properly captures screenshots in IL2 1946, BoX, Rise of Flight and DCS, though in the case of the last three the key is SysRq.

It seems Windows is overriding my game setting for PrintScreen in this game.

I've tested this on a second computer and PrintScreen is correctly capturing screenshots.

2. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    994.09 MB

Re: Screenshot hot key

Don't use PrintScreen key for ScreenShot - this key cause issues since CloD release in 2011, probable a bug in game code. Is "hit and miss".

As you already confirm use any other key or joy button, I use F-11 that is not used by the game for any command and work flawless.

Don't use F-12, this is Steam default screenshot key and result in save two copies of the same image in different places.

4. Likes Dawson liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    249.18 MB

Re: Screenshot hot key

Thanks 1lokos. Strange that it worked for me until recently but I guess that's part of the fun.