Thread: It's (almost) that time of year again - BoB Mess Dinner September 15th 2022

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.58 MB

It's (almost) that time of year again - BoB Mess Dinner September 15th 2022

One I created to play in the background (amongst others)!

Some of you might recognise the background image!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    873.48 MB

Re: It's (almost) that time of year again - BoB Mess Dinner September 15th 2022

Nice done.
    No 601 Squadron, Hurricanes and SPITFIRES? Before they Flew Hurricanes there were Blenheims. And they still have Hurricanes in 1941.

Peter LARRY
    http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r739/larry691/GZ-H%201_zpsdphexiii.jpg

3. Likes Nails liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.58 MB

Quote Originally Posted by LARRY69 View Post
    Nice done.
    No 601 Squadron, Hurricanes and SPITFIRES? Before they Flew Hurricanes there were Blenheims. And they still have Hurricanes in 1941.

Peter LARRY
    Ahoy Pete! My sources were from the BoB Museum at Hawkinge, and the book "The Fallen Few of the Battle of Britain".

601 was the millionaires Squadron - they managed to pull a few strings. Possibly received a Spitfire (or two) for evaluation purposes! While the squadron might have flouted some rules, breaking regulation with their bright red socks and lining their jackets with red silk, they had many friends in (very) high places!

5. Likes LARRY69 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.58 MB

Couple of developments since my last post.

The Officers Mess have (through me) invited Brian Hemingway to the BoB Dinner on the 15th Sep. He is staying here at my place. Don't want him driving home after having a skinfull.

He is guest of honour and will be representing his father. Great stuff. Really honoured.

FAO: Pete Larry

Pete, do you have a VY-T / P3966 skin. I am going to get Brian to fly Cliffs in my own Hurricane thingy-me-bob. Be great if we can put him in his dads aircraft!

FAO: ATAG Moderators

I am going to put this post in the other thread I had going about Paddy Hemmingway, so Pete doesn't miss it. Please delete if you feel the need. TIA.

7. Likes LARRY69, ATAG_Snapper liked this post