Thread: Player Plane Config

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    236.47 MB

Player Plane Config

In player plane menu it’s possible to choose a livery or type in your own serial and aircraft code. GB-A is default for the spit and I know I can make it GB-B, GB-C etc. but is it possible to change the squadron code from GB to something else without a whole new skin?
    Can anyone clarify?! Thank you!!

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    230.81 MB

Re: Player Plane Config

Hi JS81Knows,

simply select a different unit in the Regiment field:

Plane_options.jpg

Josef

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    236.47 MB

Thanks so much for replying. For me as that field is greyed out compared to the others, it’s not clickable. Am I doing something wrong?!

Manual Creation Group
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    230.81 MB

JS81Knows,

are you speaking about the Options - Plane screen accessible from the main game menu? All fields should be editable there. Some of them have no effect (like Noseart or Colors) but you should be able to change all fields here. This screen can be used to create your favourite profile for each plane type.

If you're trying to change some plane settings in a mission or a campaing, that's a different case. The mission can lock some parameters because the author wants it to be historical. So you can change the skin of your plane or its unit code (from GB-A to GB-X for example] but you can't change the side, unit, etc.

I suggest you reading the Getting Started and Troubleshooting Guide under Manuals in the main game menu. You can find a lot of useful information, examples, screenshots, etc. there.

Josef

5. Likes Baffin, RAF74_Buzzsaw liked this post