Thread: Some original WW2 RAAF footage from the Western Desert Campaign (Egypt/Libya)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Some original WW2 RAAF footage from the Western Desert Campaign (Egypt/Libya)

"The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Re: Some original WW2 RAAF footage from the Western Desert Campaign (Egypt/Libya)

Great find. Thanks for sharing !

3. Likes Mysticpuma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Re: Some original WW2 RAAF footage from the Western Desert Campaign (Egypt/Libya)

Get a cup of coffe, tell your wife you're studying, and watch this silent gem!
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.

5. Likes Mysticpuma liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

Thanks for the post- fascinating stuff.My own humble take(s.)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    Thanks for the post- fascinating stuff.My own humble take(s.)
    Very nice! I haven't seen those before.
    Thanks.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Hairy moment?

bomb off.jpg

At about 10 seconds, when men are sitting on top of a towed bomb trailer (or fuel pods?):
    That is a hairy moment when a bomb someone is sitting on half falls off it's trailer support, and he is sitting on a top of bomb that's being dragged along the ground! ... and possibly not being able to tell the driver about it.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Captured Fiesler Storch... they were popular aircraft.

10. Likes DerDa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    127.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by major_setback View Post
    Hairy moment?

At about 10 seconds, when men are sitting on top of a towed bomb trailer (or fuel pods?):
    That is a hairy moment when a bomb someone is sitting on half falls off it's trailer support, and he is sitting on a top of bomb that's being dragged along the ground! ... and possibly not being able to tell the driver about it.
    I used to do this for a living in 1966-67 during Operation Rolling Thunder in the Viet Nam war.

196706P6 Korat Bomb Trailers0415.JPG 196706P6 Korat Tsgt Jacobs in Crane0435.JPG 196704P7 Korat F-105 Nose art0393.JPG 196704P7 Korat F-105 & 6x750 lb bombs0387.JPG

I remember a similar event in which an M-117, 750 lb bomb, slid to the ground,nose-first in the middle of a train of two trailers. Keep in mind, this bomb was not yet fuzed, so it shouldn't detonate even though it was equipped with an adapter-booster. My incident did not even warrant a report. We just brought the H-11 crane truck down and set it back on the trailer and delivered it to the F-105.

It was difficult to tow with the bomb's nose digging up the dirt though...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Baffin; Aug-31-2022 at 07:51.
    Windows 11 Pro, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 Dark Hero, 2 TB Samsung M.2 SSD 990PRO. Intel Core i9 14900KF using TPUII BIOS feature. Air Cooling with Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE CPU Cooler w/ 2 fans. Crucial 96GB DDR 5 RAM at 5600 MT/s. LG 55" 4K OLEDC7P TV, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming X Trio 24G. Realtek High Definition Audio, Sony Surround amp w/ optical cable for 5.1 speakers, Ear Buds from Motherboard for Discord/TeamSpeak3. TrackIR5, Buttkicker Gamer 2, Thrustmaster Warthog, 2x Saitek X-52 (Buttons & Gear), Gear-Falcon Trim Box, Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals. Voice Activated Controls.