Thread: Thanks for yesterday´s game

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    460.85 MB

Thanks for yesterday´s game

Goood day, everybody!

Saturday, August the 20:th there were many pilots again on ATAG server. It was fun. Did this event start earlier that the previous ones? I was surprised as I got online thinking that there was some 50 minutes to go before the game would start, but no. The game was on. This was hilarious as I too, was able to fly now before my bedtime and take part in the event.

I`m having some issues with earphones, so I did not join the Teamspeak. It was exciting to fly alone knowing that there were tens of pilots airborne.

I took off with a Junkers Ju 88 A-1 from Tramecourt, climbed and attacked Boulogne bridge. I was quite sure that the some of the many Spitfires there would attack me, so I prepared myself with enough altitude and speed.

What a surprise it was, that there was nobody there. During the whole flight I met no-one! I learned from the Information Window that Mr. Marlow got shot down and had to bail out. But that happened somewhere else.

I landed and refueled. When I was taking off for the second flight, something happened, which has happened before several times and different ways. As I was speeding up and having moved perhaps 50% of the airstrip, tire blew up or something else happened. My speed was not very high yet and that´s why I was able to control the sudden, violent movements of the aircraft. I steared to the side of the airstrip and left it.

This kind of things has happened to me many times and I wonder if the second or the third flight is coded to be more dangerous than the original one. I know that I have died many times during the take off after re-fuel, because my propeller pitch has been wrong. But yesterday I checked this thing before starting the engines. I wonder if anyone else have faced this kind of issues with the take offs after re-fuel.

Thank you very much... eagerly waiting for the next event,
    Walstein
    Always at your service....and always in your crosshairs,
    I remain
    ATAG_Walstein

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Re: Thanks for yesterday´s game

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Walstein View Post
    Goood day, everybody!

Saturday, August the 20:th there were many pilots again on ATAG server. It was fun. Did this event start earlier that the previous ones? I was surprised as I got online thinking that there was some 50 minutes to go before the game would start, but no. The game was on. This was hilarious as I too, was able to fly now before my bedtime and take part in the event.

I`m having some issues with earphones, so I did not join the Teamspeak. It was exciting to fly alone knowing that there were tens of pilots airborne.

I took off with a Junkers Ju 88 A-1 from Tramecourt, climbed and attacked Boulogne bridge. I was quite sure that the some of the many Spitfires there would attack me, so I prepared myself with enough altitude and speed.

What a surprise it was, that there was nobody there. During the whole flight I met no-one! I learned from the Information Window that Mr. Marlow got shot down and had to bail out. But that happened somewhere else.

I landed and refueled. When I was taking off for the second flight, something happened, which has happened before several times and different ways. As I was speeding up and having moved perhaps 50% of the airstrip, tire blew up or something else happened. My speed was not very high yet and that´s why I was able to control the sudden, violent movements of the aircraft. I steared to the side of the airstrip and left it.

This kind of things has happened to me many times and I wonder if the second or the third flight is coded to be more dangerous than the original one. I know that I have died many times during the take off after re-fuel, because my propeller pitch has been wrong. But yesterday I checked this thing before starting the engines. I wonder if anyone else have faced this kind of issues with the take offs after re-fuel.

Thank you very much... eagerly waiting for the next event,
    Walstein
    Yes the event started one hour earlier for you (and others)…

When you takeoff loaded with all bombs, the Ju88 gets very heavy.
    The tires may burst when you go above 180 km/h, especially if you use your rudder too much to correct course on the ground. This happens more easily in winter maps and if you takeoff with a sidewind (i.e. if you do not use the active runway which is facing the wind).
    You can try to lock the tailwheel to reduce zigzagging during takeoff.
    Also if you put 10-20 degrees of flaps you relieve the wheels from the extra weight.
    Last edited by ATAG_Noofy; Aug-21-2022 at 04:44.
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

Looking forward to the next one, when I'll hopefully be able to fly for more than 10 minutes before a fire alert comes in and I have to drop everything
    Author of the Their Finest Hour, Their Greatest Challenge, Desert Hawks, Eagles over Tobruk, On Ne Passe Pas!, and Rising from the Ashes campaigns for Cliffs of Dover Blitz and Desert Wings - Tobruk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    460.85 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Noofy View Post
    Yes the event started one hour earlier for you (and others)…
    The tires may burst when you go above 180 km/h, especially if you use your rudder too much to correct course on the ground. This happens more easily in winter maps and if you takeoff with a sidewind (i.e. if you do not use the active runway which is facing the wind).
    I am most grateful
    Happens easily in wintermap... that is new to me!
    Sidewind... I never thought it would mean that much.
    Thank you for advice.

Have a nice Sunday!
    Always at your service....and always in your crosshairs,
    I remain
    ATAG_Walstein

5. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Smile Re: Thanks for yesterday´s game

Quote Originally Posted by Cybermat47 View Post
    Looking forward to the next one, when I'll hopefully be able to fly for more than 10 minutes before a fire alert comes in and I have to drop everything

Tip:
    Don't fry saussages and play Clod at the same time!
    Last edited by major_setback; Aug-21-2022 at 10:47.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner