Thread: My bad memory or something else?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    180.32 MB

My bad memory or something else?

Hi All,
    I've been off for a while due to my PC eating motherboards which was eventually traced to a bad PSU. Anyway, I've noticed a few things maybe have changed since my last flight. BTW this is a completely new install on fresh SSD and Windows. These issues were noted in the JU 88 C4 trop late.

1) With the upper (moveable) forward MG removed- the main fuselage MGs won't fire and the ammo counters are going nuts spinning wildly. Cannons fire fine and in a test with the 109 the MGs fire fine too.

2) Entering the runway beam of the Lorenz landing system the tone comes on, (this is nice-I don't remember this being enabled last time), the problem is the tone doesn't quit when you exit the beam until you reset by switching the frequency and come back to the channel.

3) Cowling shutters used to have an audio sound when moved (I think), now they are silent.

Bugs or bad memory?
    Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks
    skud
    i-9 11900KF@ 5.1 GHZ CPU Watercooled, 32GB Corsair vengeance@4133Mhz, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero (WiFi 6E) Z590 , MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080Ti, 2 x 1Tb Samsung NVMe 980 Pro, 43" Gigabyte Aorus FV43U QLED 4K monitor, GVL 224 Ju 88 Big Throttle, BAUR BRD-DS with KG-13A control column, MFG Crosswind Rudders, GVL224 Ju88 Trim Wheel Box, GVL224 Ju 88 Switch Panel, Blackhog SB-2, SB AE-9, Audeze LCD-GX headset, TrackIR5, Buttkicker Simkit + Buttkicker Gamer2, 2 x DSD Flight Panel 2s

2. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Re: My bad memory or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_SKUD View Post

Bugs or bad memory?
    Never heard of you. Glad you are back though (whoever you are)

Take some medicine for the bugs. I already forgot about the other bit you may have mentioned, (but I'm guessing you have too)

also.. I'm acutely aware that I haven't really contributed to this post all that well. At least not with anything useful.

I mean.. just read this nonsense !!

Actually don' .... ahhhhh too late.

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

4. Likes DerDa, ATAG_SKUD, Dauntless liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Skud, have you met my friend ‘Seas?

Hey, it’s great to see you back.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

6. Likes ATAG_SKUD, ATAG_Highseas, Dauntless liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Hi All,
    I've been off for a while due to my PC eating motherboards which was eventually traced to a bad PSU. Anyway, I've noticed a few things maybe have changed since my last flight. BTW this is a completely new install on fresh SSD and Windows. These issues were noted in the JU 88 C4 trop late.

1) With the upper (moveable) forward MG removed- the main fuselage MGs won't fire and the ammo counters are going nuts spinning wildly. Cannons fire fine and in a test with the 109 the MGs fire fine too.

2) Entering the runway beam of the Lorenz landing system the tone comes on, (this is nice-I don't remember this being enabled last time), the problem is the tone doesn't quit when you exit the beam until you reset by switching the frequency and come back to the channel.

3) Cowling shutters used to have an audio sound when moved (I think), now they are silent.

Bugs or bad memory?
    Any help would be appreciated?

Thanks
    skud

Hi Skud,
    Long time indeed...

1. The Ju88 C4 models do not have upper movable forward MGs. Any gun you remove in the loading configuration is from the main fuselage MGs, so it is normal they don't fire...
    2. Cannot reproduce your Lorentz issue.
    3. Never heard cowling shutter sounds on the Ju88, but maybe that's just my tinnitus

Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

8. Likes Dauntless liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    180.32 MB

Thanks all for your always reliable help (not you hiseas)
    OK that explains the MGs won't fire if I don't have any
    Noofy does your Lorentz tone stop when you leave the beam aisle?

Now all I need to open up my GVL custom throttle panel and replace some switches that have gone bad. Is there anyone with experience wiring game controller chips that might be able to guide me through this process?
    I've gotten desoldering equipment etc to start but I wanted to change some 3-position rotaries for on-off-on momentary.
    Hopefully, when I get my controls working properly and get some bombing practice under my belt I'll be able to fly some of these online event missions I've been reading about.
    Thanks to Artist for the 128 button work. I like it.

Thanks

skud
    i-9 11900KF@ 5.1 GHZ CPU Watercooled, 32GB Corsair vengeance@4133Mhz, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero (WiFi 6E) Z590 , MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080Ti, 2 x 1Tb Samsung NVMe 980 Pro, 43" Gigabyte Aorus FV43U QLED 4K monitor, GVL 224 Ju 88 Big Throttle, BAUR BRD-DS with KG-13A control column, MFG Crosswind Rudders, GVL224 Ju88 Trim Wheel Box, GVL224 Ju 88 Switch Panel, Blackhog SB-2, SB AE-9, Audeze LCD-GX headset, TrackIR5, Buttkicker Simkit + Buttkicker Gamer2, 2 x DSD Flight Panel 2s

10. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Drop Kendy_for_the_State a PM. He makes good stuff. I have his Falcon Trim Controllers and his Throttle Quadrant. Both have been bulletproof even under my hamfisted efforts. He knows a thing or two about controller guts.

Thanks all for your always reliable help (not you hiseas)
    OK that explains the MGs won't fire if I don't have any
    Noofy does your Lorentz tone stop when you leave the beam aisle?

Now all I need to open up my GVL custom throttle panel and replace some switches that have gone bad. Is there anyone with experience wiring game controller chips that might be able to guide me through this process?
    I've gotten desoldering equipment etc to start but I wanted to change some 3-position rotaries for on-off-on momentary.
    Hopefully, when I get my controls working properly and get some bombing practice under my belt I'll be able to fly some of these online event missions I've been reading about.
    Thanks to Artist for the 128 button work. I like it.

Thanks

skud
    Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; Sep-07-2022 at 18:26.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

12. Likes ATAG_SKUD, Dauntless liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    180.32 MB

Thanks snapper, I'll get it opened up and look around if I can't figure it out nice to know we have the talent in this group to help.

skud

14. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Dauntless liked this post