Thread: Just saying Hi.. and finding my way.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Smile Just saying Hi.. and finding my way.

Sorry for the repost.. just finding my way around.
    I haven't flown online since 2011, I found my old Ms sidewinder FF2 gathering dist in the shed, scraped the rust off the USB plug, crossed my fingers, and, Viola. It works perfectly under Win11. Wow. It seems my old boxed version of clod has led to a new version called blitz.. and I'm a bit overwhelmed by the improvements. Where is the best place to start getting involved?
    Dell G8 17' Laptop Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10750H CPU @ 2.60GHz 16gb ram Nvidia 2070 rtx 8gb, Ms Sidewinder Forcefeedback 2, Tobii 5 facetracker, Acer 27' Gaming Monitor.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Re: Just saying Hi.. and finding my way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostieguide View Post
    Where is the best place to start getting involved?
    Right here where you are!

Welcome back to flight simming!
    If you want to flatten the steep (re-)learning curve and have lots of fun in addition, get yourself TeamSpeak and join the servers.
    You will find a lot of friendly guys to explain the new stuff (not to mention some others who will shoot you down, but in the most friendly way).
    There are lots of other Australians and New Zealanders around, so it should be no problem to wing up with someone.

See you!

S!

DerDa

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

I haven't flown online since 2011, I found my old Ms sidewinder FF2 gathering dist in the shed, scraped the rust off the USB plug, crossed my fingers, and, Viola. It works perfectly under Win11. Wow. It seems my old boxed version of clod has led to a new version called blitz.. and I'm a bit overwhelmed by the improvements. Where is the best place to start getting involved?
    Just wait till the Visual Update comes out... then you'll be really blown away.

Don't forget to pick up a copy of DESERT WINGS - TOBRUK, the expansion.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Welcome, Ghostieguide! No worries about the double post. Just keep the questions coming, if you have any and we'll try to help out.
    Our Community loves Australians because we find them great value for money. Look at our own, our very own ATAG_Pattle. Crackin' guy who puts in hours and hours for our Community. I'm sure it's only a question of time before you'll come across him.
    As the other guys have stated, do download Team Speak (it's the free software we use to communicate and cooperate in sorties) and jump on line. Hopefully, we will see you very soon. Good luck and ....Salute!

5. Likes ATAG_Snapper, ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Hello there !!

I'm rarely seen in the skys these days due to stupid dull business matters... however

Marlow who I hand reared from seed will no doubt talk you through the basics.

Those old sidewinders are apparently awesome. and if it works... great !!

What is your time zone?

If its UK hook up with Marlow. He will get you up an about in no time.

and if I show up..... I can ruin that whole learning experience and make it a shed load of fun instead

EDIT:

I didn't actually hand rear him from seed.

he had already gone to seed when we met.

(seriously though... he's epic!)

RAG TAGS ROCK!

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

7. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post