Thread: Mission editor - can't find blast pen objects, the existing ones act like grayed out

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Mission editor - can't find blast pen objects, the existing ones act like grayed out

I'm upgrading old CLOD missions, and wanted to update the Biggin Hill airfield, unfortunately some of the objects (blast pens, taxiway nodes) act as they were "grayed out" - i can see them, but I can't click them. Furthermore, I can't find them in the object browser.

I'm following this tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-F3...pryYiM&index=2 He has his blast pens, and I can't find mine.

I'm using the Polish version of the game and the object names are in Polish. Is it possible that something was not translated, and the game cannot find it?

And how to switch to English, btw?
    Windows 10Pro x64, AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3200MHz, Palit RTX 2070 Super 8GB, RAM 16GB, Dell 24" 1920x1080px, Samsung Odyssey +, SteamVR resolution 1776 x 2220 (150%), Graphic card driver 457.30
    Installation path V:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

2. Likes ATAG_Noofy liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Re: Mission editor - can't find blast pen objects, the existing ones act like grayed

Quote Originally Posted by sam_ogon View Post
    And how to switch to English, btw?
    Not sure about your other questions, but to change languages:
    1. open your Steam app
    2. right-click on Cliffs of Dover
    3. select Properties
    4. select Language
    5. pick your favorite language

Picture1.jpg
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

4. Likes Dauntless, sam_ogon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.61 GB

Re: Mission editor - can't find blast pen objects, the existing ones act like grayed

Create a new mission on the map and have a look at the airfield again. Are the objects in question still there in the new mission?

If so, they're part of the map itself and cannot be removed.
    Author of the Their Finest Hour, Their Greatest Challenge, Desert Hawks, Eagles over Tobruk, On Ne Passe Pas!, and Rising from the Ashes campaigns for Cliffs of Dover Blitz and Desert Wings - Tobruk.

6. Likes sam_ogon liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

@Noofy - worked, thanks!

@Cybermat - correct, that must have been the reason. And I found the blast pens in the object browser. They were just somewhere else than in the video.
    Windows 10Pro x64, AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3200MHz, Palit RTX 2070 Super 8GB, RAM 16GB, Dell 24" 1920x1080px, Samsung Odyssey +, SteamVR resolution 1776 x 2220 (150%), Graphic card driver 457.30
    Installation path V:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz