Thread: Best current B-17G flight sim??????

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

Best current B-17G flight sim??????

I'm looking for the best and easiest to install Boeing B-17 G flight sim to take screen shots with it .It would be nice if it came with a downloadable version. I suppose it would have to work with a version on Microsoft flight simulator .I have the disk version of that but also have Steam that I could install the Microsoft sim on.

Suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    9.73 MB

Re: Best current B-17G flight sim??????

If you need any quality of screenshots, you can buy IL2 1946 in Steam. B-17 is available for AI only, so just external view. But graphics quite outdated. Also there are MOD packs with player controllable B17G available.

In DCS graphics is great but buying WW2 assets pack for screenshots only can be too much expensive. Also B17G is AI only, so just external views.

Also Warthunder has B17G external model. Free to download. But a lot of time to get B17G unsless you find some one who can fly mission on that aircraft for you and just send you a tracks so you will be able to make screenshots.
    Last edited by Rostic; Oct-11-2022 at 12:58.
    PC spec: Intel Core i7 8700K 3.7Ghz, DDR4 32Gb 2666Mhz, Asus Prime Z370-A, ADATA XPG SX8200 240Gb (PCIe Gen3x4), RTX 2060 6Gb
    Monitor: DELL P2717H (1920x1080:60Hz)
    Joystick: Android smartphone MonectPC app (virtual joystick driver)
    Hadtracker: Track IR 4 / No VR

Enjoy multiplayer historical campaigns with Flying Tin Cans.
    Join us: https://flyingtincans.com —(•)— Discord —(•)— YouTube

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

Quote Originally Posted by Rostic View Post
    If you need any quality of screenshots, you can buy IL2 1946 in Steam. B-17 is available for AI only, so just external view. But graphics quite outdated. Also there are MOD packs with player controllable B17G available.

In DCS graphics is great but buying WW2 assets pack for screenshots only can be too much expensive. Also B17G is AI only, so just external views.

Also Warthunder has B17G external model. Free to download. But a lot of time to get B17G unsless you find some one who can fly mission on that aircraft for you and just send you a tracks so you will be able to make screenshots.
    I've got a fully modded up Il-2 game but the B-=17 ,nice as it is, doesn't have enough detail to be of use for me...

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.76 MB

khamsin.org(think thats right) have a B17G available for x-plane v10 or 11. Have no idea whether its good or not nor any price. Oddly though it says win7.
    whether that is of any use for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

Quote Originally Posted by 56RAF_stickz View Post
    khamsin.org(think thats right) have a B17G available for x-plane v10 or 11. Have no idea whether its good or not nor any price. Oddly though it says win7.
    whether that is of any use for you.
    Not familiar with X-planes how does it work?Do I need to buy an initial install/download? Thanks!

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    21.76 MB

Well in simple terms its similar to MSFS but uses blade theory for flight models. I have v10 from several years (2013 ish)back as present from wife but to be honest I seldom flew it. Not really my scene just cruising around and couldnt see point in flying fighter/bombers that couldnt fight and bomb. I also got fed up that there appeared to be no TiR limits so kept disappearing behind my seat or outside the cockpit cruising parallel to plane, that was probably the final straw for me. Whether this is a common fault for all planes or there was something else I needed to do never managed to discover (I tried), but certainly wasnt going to make an individual one for each plane. Its a good bit of s/w and came on 8 dvds, most of which are the earth map and only have to install what you want. Guess now its downloads only (how times change - I got a big heavy metal container it was sold in for my wifes money). There are also numerous add-ons (nowhere near as much as MSFS though). Does cost money so it may not be a good bet for you (and the B17G may not be free but the site does just have download button rather than buy button). I believe you only get the internal cockpit area though. I had downloaded the B17 manual back in 2014 so you may get an idea of what it can do from that, its possible I also d/l the plane if found it was free but I just cannot remember now.
    Would have to re-install the s/w (upgraded pccouple years back) to find out.
    Sorry Blitzen but cant really help beyond that.