Thread: Video Editing Software

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Video Editing Software

Can someone recommend me a free video editing software? (one that is really free, and not just free trial ) I just need to do some basic editing. Basically I'm creating a video clip which compiles excerpt from other video files. So I need software, that'll allow me to cut out bits and pieces from other files, and put them together into one.

Cheers.
    Last edited by smithjohny039; Oct-22-2022 at 12:59.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    155.92 MB

Re: Video Editing Software

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post

Power Director is great but that cost a pretty penny
    Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Oct-20-2022 at 01:29.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    374.72 MB

DaVinci Resolve - outstanding software. Has an extended pay version. My TFS videos made with free version of Resolve.

Really good Youtube tutorials out there as well.

Cheers,

Pattle

6. Likes Maru liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    167.36 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Pattle View Post
    DaVinci Resolve - outstanding software. Has an extended pay version. My TFS videos made with free version of Resolve.

Really good Youtube tutorials out there as well.

Cheers,

Pattle
    Ah, another Davinci fan! Switched two years ago from Premiere to Resolve Studio. 300 Euro is a joke for such an powerfull editing software with lifetime updates. The first time were hard because Resolve is in many ways very different. Fusion and Colorgrading are both outstanding. Love it!

cu!
    Henry
    System: i7-6700K, MSI Nvidia 1070GTX, 16GB RAM, Gigabyte GA-Z170 K3, Win10 64Bit, TrackIR5, HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Sennheiser 350 Headset, LG 34' 21:9

9. Likes ATAG_Pattle, tgif liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Thanks, gents - will have a look at these.

My current version of Premiere Pro CC subscription is going to increase in monthly price substantially (the introductory deal is coming to an end). Furthermore, the CC version is so different from the CS6 version I cut my teeth on - it's like whole new software to learn. The frequent updates are likewise a royal pain. No doubt there are continual feature improvements, but it also means that instead of cutting a quick video there needs an investment of time first to work out the changes in process. Aggravating! The advantage to CC over the older CS6 is much quicker rendering times, plus it's easier to output in 4K (CS6 can render in 4K, too, with a bit of work around - but can take a whole day to render!!!).

Update: Mrs Snapper (who uses Adobe CC as well - we share the licence) called Adobe to cancel our subscription. They offered to extend the introductory offer for another year. OK..guess I’m sticking with Premiere Pro then. LOL
    Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; Oct-20-2022 at 16:47. Reason: Update

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

11. Likes ATAG_Pattle liked this post
    Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by IIJG27Rich View Post
    Power Director is great but that cost a pretty penny

How Much?
    Last edited by smithjohny039; Jun-07-2023 at 21:30.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by smithjohny039 View Post
    FOund recommendatiom and worked fine

"One video editing software that I would recommend is Adobe Premiere Pro. Premiere Pro is a professional-grade video editing software that is widely used in the film and television industry. It has a wide range of features and tools that allow users to edit and refine their videos, including the ability to cut and trim footage, add transitions and effects, and work with audio.

Using asportsurge VPN may not have a significant impact on your experience with Premiere Pro, although a slower internet connection may affect the speed at which the software runs and the time it takes to upload and download files.

That being said, Premiere Pro is a professional-grade software that may be more suited to users with experience in video editing or a need for more advanced features. If you are a beginner or are looking for a more simple and user-friendly option, there are also many other video editing software options available, such as iMovie (for Mac) or Windows Movie Maker (for PC)."
    Last edited by ATAG_Colander; Jan-06-2023 at 03:24.

14. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post