Thread: Buzzsaw's post on the 1C forum regarding the delayed v6 announcement

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

Buzzsaw's post on the 1C forum regarding the delayed v6 announcement

"Now that Jason has made his announcement, I can talk about the fact that while it seemed we would be announcing TF 6.0 earlier this summer... that hasn't happened... and why.

Jason was my immediate liason/link with 1C. We had an established system whereby we would prepare for announcements, etc.

In the spring of this year, Jason and I had planned to announce TF 6.0, and were preparing. However, before that could happen, Jason made a decision to part company with 1C. (which I can't comment on, see Jason's goodbye video)

As soon as he made his decision, that put the announcement in limbo. There are also other factors in play regarding Fulqrum, their ownership and the relation with TF. (no I also can't go into detail on those)

At the moment, pending some decisions by Fulqrum, everything is on hold except the release of the Visual Update. Which will happen as soon as we are happy with the implementation.

That is not to say TF will not be continuing our work on the CLIFFS engine... we will. It is just a question of what the timing and parameters of that work are.

Please don't ask for more details, I won't be able to provide them."
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

2. Likes Dauntless, Lorena, palker liked this post
    Manual Creation Group 343KKT_Kintaro's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    31.50 MB

Re: Buzzsaw's post on the 1C forum regarding the delayed v6 announcement

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    Buzzsaw's post on the 1C forum

Not to be picky, Puma, but I think you are referring to the IL-2 forum. The 1C forum (at least, one 1C forum) now is the Fulqrum forum (most likely the former "banana forum"). Don't you agree?

Ony for the record, please see this thread in m4t (dates back to the month of July): https://www.mission4today.com/index....wtopic&t=26023

Closing brackets... end of the off topic...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

K
    Last edited by Mysticpuma; Oct-30-2022 at 06:24.
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

5. Likes GANIX liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Mysticpuma View Post
    "Now that Jason has made his announcement, I can talk about the fact that while it seemed we would be announcing TF 6.0 earlier this summer... that hasn't happened... and why.

Jason was my immediate liason/link with 1C. We had an established system whereby we would prepare for announcements, etc.

In the spring of this year, Jason and I had planned to announce TF 6.0, and were preparing. However, before that could happen, Jason made a decision to part company with 1C. (which I can't comment on, see Jason's goodbye video)

As soon as he made his decision, that put the announcement in limbo. There are also other factors in play regarding Fulqrum, their ownership and the relation with TF. (no I also can't go into detail on those)

At the moment, pending some decisions by Fulqrum, everything is on hold except the release of the Visual Update. Which will happen as soon as we are happy with the implementation.

That is not to say TF will not be continuing our work on the CLIFFS engine... we will. It is just a question of what the timing and parameters of that work are.

Please don't ask for more details, I won't be able to provide them."
    Well the worse thing a guy can do is be all glum and humdrum about it so we'll all look forward to TF's great work in the future and see what comes up for us.

7. Likes Mysticpuma, BlacKnight liked this post