Results 1 to 15 of 15

Thread: Open Beta VR testing

  1. #1
    Student Pilot
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Open Beta VR testing

    ~S~ All,

    I've been advised that I should post here as I've recently picked up Tobruk in the Steam sale and I'd be really interested in testing Cliffs in VR. I have three headsets that I can test:
    • HP Reverb G2
    • Oculus Rift-S
    • Oculus Quest 2

    I'm running an i7 9770k with 32GB DDR4 RAM and an RTX 3080. Happy to provide other info that's required.

    Thanks.

  2. Likes ATAG_Snapper, EAF602_Red, GR_Val liked this post
  3. #2
    Student Pilot
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: Open Beta VR testing

    Hi, just to say I've not been able to get any response to my enquiry. I've tried this forum, PMs, IL2 Forum, PMs and the ATAG discord. Is there no more need for any beta testers? I had been hoping to test with J-Hat, but I've not been able to. I've got next week off, so I was hoping that I could spend some time with Cliffs, but it would appear not at the moment.

    Any news would be good

    Thanks!

  4. Likes GR_Val liked this post
  5. #3
    Admin ATAG_Snapper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    11,641
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

    Re: Open Beta VR testing

    Quote Originally Posted by TBD_OD_ View Post
    Hi, just to say I've not been able to get any response to my enquiry. I've tried this forum, PMs, IL2 Forum, PMs and the ATAG discord. Is there no more need for any beta testers? I had been hoping to test with J-Hat, but I've not been able to. I've got next week off, so I was hoping that I could spend some time with Cliffs, but it would appear not at the moment.

    Any news would be good

    Thanks!
    Hi TBD,

    Sorry for the delay. I've forwarded your request to the TFS Project Manager for authorization. As soon as I hear back I will advise you accordingly.

    Cheers,

    Snapper


    HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

  6. Likes TBD_OD_, 9./JG52_J-HAT, GR_Val liked this post
  7. #4
    Student Pilot
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: Open Beta VR testing

    Thanks! Much appreciated.

  8. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
  9. #5
    Student Pilot
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: Open Beta VR testing

    Hi, assuming that there are still no updates? Is this the same for everyone?

  10. #6
    ATAG_Colander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Bir Tawil
    Posts
    11,128
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    255.73 MB

    Re: Open Beta VR testing

    Quote Originally Posted by TBD_OD_ View Post
    Hi, assuming that there are still no updates? Is this the same for everyone?
    Every beta tester gets the updates via steam. If one gets it, everyone does.
    There is, however, work being done. No updates for beta testers does not mean that development behind the scenes has stopped.

  11. Likes GR_Val liked this post
  12. #7
    Student Pilot
    Join Date
    Oct 2022
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    0

    Re: Open Beta VR testing

    Sorry, I think you’ve misunderstood. I was asking whether it’s the same that anyone offering to help with testing isn’t getting a response. I was instructed to contact again after 19th November, I did, but I’m not getting an answer despite a number of people now asking on my behalf.

    If I’m not required/wanted I’d prefer it if I was just told that, then I’d know. As things stand I have some time as I am off all week and had planned to do some stuff with J-Hat. At the moment I can’t as I don’t have access.

  13. #8
    Team Fusion takuya09091's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    55
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.34 GB

    Re: Open Beta VR testing

    Buzzsaw=our project manager, seems to have not been around for a while, he may still be busy in RL, maybe that is why your application has not been processed...

  14. Likes GR_Val liked this post
  15. #9
    Veteran Combat pilot GR_Val's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Тюмень
    Posts
    344
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    26.3 KB

    Re: Open Beta VR testing

    Quote Originally Posted by TBD_OD_ View Post
    I've been advised that I should post here as I've recently picked up Tobruk in the Steam sale and I'd be really interested in testing Cliffs in VR.
    I would also like to join the testers,
    Recently acquired VR HP Reverb G2. I would like to try it out.

  16. Likes ATAG_Marlow liked this post
  17. #10
    Student Pilot
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Madrid (Spain)
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    125.66 MB

    Re: Open Beta VR testing

    Recent owner of Pico 4 here. I'm totally new to VR so maybe I'm not the best tester, but if I can be of any help let me know.

  18. Likes ATAG_Marlow, GR_Val liked this post
  19. #11
    Veteran Combat pilot GR_Val's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Location
    Тюмень
    Posts
    344
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    26.3 KB

    Re: Open Beta VR testing

    Quote Originally Posted by takuya09091 View Post
    Buzzsaw=our project manager, seems to have not been around for a while, he may still be busy in RL, maybe that is why your application has not been processed...
    What's new?

  20. #12
    TF Leadership RAF74_Buzzsaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    11,783
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

    Re: Open Beta VR testing

    Hello to all who are interested in joining the VR Beta.

    At this point there are not a lot of new elements being introduced to the VR Beta.

    And I am very busy with some critical Team Fusion business details... as well as an upcoming announcement.

    So we are not taking new applicants to join the VR Beta.

    Once things stabilize a bit, and we have new elements to test, we will be posting an invitation for people to join the Beta.

    Thanks for everyone's patience.

  21. #13
    Student Pilot
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Madrid (Spain)
    Posts
    5
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    125.66 MB

    Re: Open Beta VR testing

    It's great to hear that business is moving forward and that there will be an announcement. If I can lend a hand with testing later I'll be here.

  22. #14
    Combat pilot Bussard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    195
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    76.64 MB

    Cool Re: Open Beta VR testing

    Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post
    Hello to all who are interested in joining the VR Beta.

    At this point there are not a lot of new elements being introduced to the VR Beta.

    And I am very busy with some critical Team Fusion business details... as well as an upcoming announcement.

    So we are not taking new applicants to join the VR Beta.

    Once things stabilize a bit, and we have new elements to test, we will be posting an invitation for people to join the Beta.

    Thanks for everyone's patience.
    Hello Buzz,
    How are the negotiations going?

  23. #15
    Student Pilot
    Join Date
    Nov 2022
    Posts
    1
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    48.0 KB

    Re: Open Beta VR testing

    We haven't heard anything about progress etc. for a long time, butt Buzz told as at beginning of the year there is something only weeks away Should we be worried?

  24. Likes GR_Val liked this post

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •