Thread: Throttle quadrant for those who like to Fly the Tomahawk II or the KittyHawk

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Throttle quadrant for those who like to Fly the Tomahawk II or the KittyHawk

I finally got around to finishing up some throttle quadrants. It's a self-contained unit with a built-in USB joystick controller. You get Throttle, Mixture, and Pitch, just like in the real aircraft. Also has a push-button on the throttle knob...in the real aircraft it was used as a push-to-talk button, but of course, you can assign it to whatever function you want.
    Comes with a 10' USB cable, and has mounting holes for attaching to your desired surface.

Available at www.gear-falcon.com or at my Etsy site.

Q8tWQ0N.jpeg vSm2vvm.jpeg
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

2. Likes ATAG_Snapper, Little Bill, 1lokos liked this post
    Team Fusion
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    3.94 GB

Re: Throttle quadrant for those who like to Fly the Tomahawk II or the KittyHawk

Thanks. bought it from your site. Any recommendation for a stand-alone mount? This kinda looks like the Authentikit controls. Are you able, or willing, to do those as a turnkey?
    Thanks
    Paul
    Desktop - Alienware R10, AMD Ryzen 9 5950X, 64Gb DDR4-3400Mhz OC 3734Mhz, Dell RTX 3090 24Gb (512.15), Dell 3221QS (4K @ 60Hz), Win 11 (22000.567), C Drive Steam default, Reverb G2, WMR SteamVR beta - 100% (3160x3088), TM Warthog Throttle/Stick, TM T-Rudder, TM MFDx2, Razer Tartarus Pro
    Laptop - Dell G7 7590, Intel i7-8750H, 64Gb DDR-2666Mhz, GPU0 Intel UHD 630 1Gb GPU1 Dell RTX 2060 6Gb (512.15), BenQ EX3203R (3K @ 60Hz), Win 11 (22000.567), C drive Steam default, Samsung Odyssey+, WMR SteamVR beta - 100% (1440x1796), TM T16000M, TM TWCS

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    80.50 MB

Re: Throttle quadrant for those who like to Fly the Tomahawk II or the KittyHawk

Quote Originally Posted by paul_leonard View Post
    Thanks. bought it from your site. Any recommendation for a stand-alone mount? This kinda looks like the Authentikit controls. Are you able, or willing, to do those as a turnkey?
    Thanks
    Paul
    I don't really have any mounting options... it is meant to be mounted in a cockpit. I've thought about designing some type of desktop clamp, and might still do it, but I know there are a lot of folks out there selling different types of heavy-duty mounts already. Google is your friend! Also check out the Reddit forums for hotasdiy, etc.

As for the Authentikit stuff... I really don't want to mess around with someone else's IP. All my stuff is original and unique. If I even look at someone else's stuff it might influence the things I design, and I wouldn't want to be accused of stealing anyone else's work.

Regards,

Kendy
    Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
    AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 8-Core, 16-Thread
    32GB RAM
    NVidia GeForce GTX1080 (Asus Rog Strix GTX 1080)
    1 TB SSD
    LG 4K 55" TV
    Gear-Falcon General Purpose Joystick Controller, Gear-Falcon Quadrant and Trim, Gear-Falcon BF-109 Water Radiator Crank

"Find out what you don't do well, and then DON'T DO IT!" - Alf

5. Likes ATAG_Lenny, ATAG_Snapper liked this post