Thread: IL-2 Cliffs of Dover: Blitz - Bf 109 E-4/B vs Kittyhawk Mk IA

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

IL-2 Cliffs of Dover: Blitz - Bf 109 E-4/B vs Kittyhawk Mk IA

Hey everyone,

I "stole" this from Bonditaria (with his permission, of course ) which he recorded on the popular TWC Server. From his YouTube description:

"Returning to base from a bombing raid over Kent I am acutely aware that I am being pursued by a faster aircraft, and will have to fight...Track recorded in game version 5.035 at 1080p with live pilots on server "TWC OPERATION JUBILEE CAMPAIGN - BoB, 1942"."

Some great action sequences and smooth framerates using a Nvidia GT970 video card - a great workhorse video card which has been around for a few years now. It's good proof that players who want to get into Blitz/Tobruk don't need the latest state-of-the-art PC's (with their eye-watering prices!!) to simply log in and have fun.

Bondi also recorded a track (.trk) and it played quite well on the current beta being tested.

Thanks, Bondi!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Supporting Member 9./JG52_Meyer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    64.27 MB

Re: IL-2 Cliffs of Dover: Blitz - Bf 109 E-4/B vs Kittyhawk Mk IA

Very much like the scrap me and you had Snapper last night
    You in P40 me in F4

Hals und beinbruch
    Oberleutnant - Otto Meyer
    "Gelb Acht"
    9.Staffel / Jagdgeschwader 52
    (Karaya)

In memory of 9./JG52 Ziegler, Vermisse dich mein Freund

http://www.9jg52.com/

3. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

There's nothing like watching a 109 and a P-40 scrap it out in the Desert

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

IL-2 Cliffs of Dover: Blitz - Bf 109 E-4/B vs Hurricane IIc Late

Approaching the English coast in my Bf 109 E-4/B with 4 bombs under the fuselage, I encountered a Hurricane and used half my cannon rounds on it, and dropped my bombs into the sea. Retreating to France, an air battle ensued between two Bf 109 F-4s and a group of (AI) Blenheim IVF twin-engine heavy fighters. Check for traffic before entering the runway.

ASUS TUF Gaming A15 FA507NV, AMD Ryzen 7 7735HS CPU, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Laptop GPU, 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM, 16 GB DDR5 RAM, 512 GB SSD, Windows 11 Home 23H2, VPC MongoosT-50 Throttle, VKB Gladiator Pro, MFG Crosswind, Wheel Stand Pro, EIZO CS240, Track-IR 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

IL-2 Cliffs of Dover: Blitz - Bf 109 E 4/N vs Spitfire IIb (x2)

Hunting high over Kent I am attacked by a well-disciplined pair of Spitfire pilots. Errors are made, and the inevitable end comes suddenly.

Track recorded in game version 5.035 at 1080p with live pilots on server "TWC OPERATION JUBILEE CAMPAIGN - BoB, 1942".

Last edited by Bonditaria; Jan-04-2023 at 06:30.

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    75.48 MB

Great Video, made me try it... Didn't do so well though

9. Likes Bonditaria liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

IL 2 Cliffs of Dover: Blitz - Bombers over Boulogne

Facing certain defeat in the campaign, RAF Command launch one final bombing raid against enemy forces and supplies massed in Boulonge.

It was a disaster. RAF High Command capitulated days later.

Live video and tracks recorded in game version 5.035 at 1080p with live pilots and AI on server "TWC OPERATION JUBILEE CAMPAIGN - BoB, 1942".

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    207.95 MB

Great video. I love especially the sound effects of the planes. The head-on with the bombers are brilliant. Thank you for putting so much effort in producing this movie.
    Last edited by Twin; Jan-14-2023 at 08:15.

12. Likes Bonditaria liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.82 GB

Thank you for your comment Twin.

The game is so spectacularly pretty, engaging, and dramatic, it is easy to generate many hours of fabulous video in such a complex mission like this one was. I'm using the software Shotcut for the first time since Karaya mentioned it when a user here asked for editing software recommendations. It is free GNU/GPL and does a lot, the interface and controls are great with lots of fast editing options and keyboard shortcuts and it renders videos very quickly indeed. Its like getting an endless supply of free pens and paper and a dictionary and a writing style guide after you learned to write a few letters chiselling in rock with an antler. You want to write a novel but there are so many experiences to describe, so many words you have to throw away until all the boring bits are gone and you keep just the power until it turns into poetry. I'm glad the soundtrack was pleasing. I was aiming for a very smooth but occasionally shocking auditory experience. 32 GB of original video edited to less than 1 GB upload to the net. lol.

14. Likes Rostic, Twin, major_setback liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Re: IL 2 Cliffs of Dover: Blitz - Bombers over Boulogne

Quote Originally Posted by Bonditaria View Post
    Facing certain defeat in the campaign, RAF Command launch one final bombing raid against enemy forces and supplies massed in Boulonge.

It was a disaster. RAF High Command capitulated days later.

Live video and tracks recorded in game version 5.035 at 1080p with live pilots and AI on server "TWC OPERATION JUBILEE CAMPAIGN - BoB, 1942".

Nice camera angles.
    Thanks for creating and uploading.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner

16. Likes Bonditaria, ATAG_Snapper, murkz liked this post