Thread: Tobruk Attack Ludicrous VR

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Tobruk Attack Ludicrous VR

Now this is an interesting video contributed by J-Hat taken from our Work-In-Progress Virtual Reality Visual Update beta that he recorded through his VR headset (right lens only).

Note from contributor J-Hat:

"Here’s another video of the Tobruk attack mission, this time in VR. I put my SteamVR SS resolution down to 70% so fps was mostly above 45 with a few dips (performance is just slightly better than at 100%). Gameplay is smooth though. Fully playable with this ridiculous amount of a/c in the air attacking Tobruk all at the same time.

It’s being run on a high end current gen pc."

Last edited by ATAG_Snapper; Nov-19-2022 at 19:45.

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Re: Tobruk Attack Ludicrous VR

That was excellent Snapper. I loved how you coasted to a stop right next to that big weed

When will this VR patch be done?
    Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Nov-20-2022 at 11:54.

3. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by IIJG27Rich View Post
    That was excellent Snapper. I loved how you coasted to a stop right next to that big weed

When will this VR patch be done?
    J-Hat gets credit for the video; I merely posted it with his permission.

I don’t know the release date. A lot of work has been done on the technical end with invaluable input from the beta testers with a variety of VR headsets. The 2D beta testers have likewise helped tremendously in spotting artefacts to be fixed, along with a ton of suggestions for improvements. I don’t dare speculate on a release date because that falls way outside my jurisdiction; nor do I wish to create false expectations.

I can say this: it’ll be one helluva deal for the right price: free!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

5. Likes IIJG27Rich, ATAG_Bubba liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Yes that's for sure it's a fantastic deal. I hope it brings in more players

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

I will certainly be back when it is implemented. I cannot fly pancake mode anymore and was sad to relinquish my beloved blennie and bofors on airfield defence.

Apropos to this thread, I have come bearing gifts again on the for sale section.
    Intel I9 9900K at 5.0 Ghz. Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra Motherboard. 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 RAM. EVGA G3 PSU. ASUS RTX2080TI Dual OC. Thermaltake flo riing360 water cooler. 1TB Corsair M.2 NVMe boot drive. I TB Seagate hybrid mass storage drive. HP Reverb. TM Warthog HOTAS. MFG Crosswind pedals.