Thread: How do I get Blitz 4.53 is Steam Blitz that version ?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.63 GB

How do I get Blitz 4.53 is Steam Blitz that version ?

Hi,

SIMPLE QUESTION SOMEONE MUST KNOW,...HOW DO I GET HOLD OF 4.53 BLITZ ...PLEASE ?

Q1. Is Steam install of IL2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover going to install vanilla 3.0 ?
    I see both that one and one suffix Blitz in Library.

I want to have 4.53 Blitz operational as well as 5.x

I am with new PC , my win7 stripped out and new Hardware SSD's win10 GTX3070 64Gb ram.
    Now after 2 months of loading everything back on, time to install CoD. look through notes for win7 for method I used as I ran all versions in a testing requirement.
    method.
    I had D:\Steam, then I installed from Steam 'IL2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover' to that folder.
    I then copied out the resulting IL2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover folder 5 times to D:\ and suffixed it for the MODs they would be, with suffixes 3.0 3.01 4.0 4.3 4.312

I then ran the patches up as far as the MoD number for that folder. This time I may be happy with 4.53 Blitz (see Q6), the earlier ones except 3.0 and 3.1 had frost on surfaces and were most unrealistic.

e.g. to get my 4.3 folder I ran patch 3.01 then fly sim then clear cache then 4.0 then fly sim then clear cache then 4.3 then fly sim.

Q2. Blitz 4.53 , would that be the IL2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz I see in my Library on Steam. I AM WORRIED as I know I bought 5.x from Steam, as I was flying it so if Blitz there is the 5.x one, how do I now get hold of Blitz 4.53 as I dont have it in my MoDs patches collection. ?

I like 4.53 as after 3 months hard work in 2021 my accurate Luft skins with correct RLM colours, no one else has, look GREAT , first time since WW2 seeing true Luft colours flying and the light engine was great, and no Harry Potter electric blue effects on glazing spoiling the realistic looks., let alone shadows too dark in cockpits killing the view of instruments.

Can someone wetransfer it to me if I cant download it ?

Q3. Does this Blitz one I see in Library require CoD vanilla (3.0) to install to, in which case it will have to overwrite the vanilla in Steam, as I have copied that out to D I will still have a functional 3.0 !

Q4. So if Steam Blitz is 4.53, how do I get the 5.x one afterwards ? to install separately, and I presume it will need a folder with 4.53 in it to install to or is it not requiring previous version to be aimed at ?

Q5. If the Steam Blitz one is 5.x is it the latest 5.x ?

I will be uploading the correct Luft colour skins by the way

Q6. Furthermore the Hakenkreuz maker we had in earlier versions, I need that to run, far easier than making skins for everything that is flying ! What was the last version it worked on ? I will then ensure I have that version running using method described above. So would it run under win10 ?

and now a BIG PROBLEM...
    https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.c...ad.php?t=36894
    the first download install of file name IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover wont run.

Cheers
    BOBC
    Last edited by BOBC; Jan-13-2023 at 17:14.