Thread: New to COD/Tobruk

Student Pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    11.39 MB

New to COD/Tobruk

Just like to say hello as a new user. The simulator is great, been a long time since i felt any plane have the feeling of weight and inertia with a good flight model since Aerowinx PSX for the 747. A heart felt shout out to the team for amazing work.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Re: New to COD/Tobruk

Hi NG....and welcome for our Forum and servers! It's great to have you here!

You're bang on the money with 'feeling of weight and inertia.' I remember with so many of the old sims that I started with, you felt the world was moving around your aircraft, whilst it stayed still. However, in Cliffs it very much seems the case that your aircraft is changing position whilst the earth below stays still...and the pilot very definitely feels like he is flying! That really helps with immersion, I find!

I hope you will feel able to come and try out the on lineservers in time and if you want a quick intro....to how they and our on line Community works, I can help you with that. Just drop me a line below or a private message (PM) on the Forum and we can arrange a time when we can meet up on line and have a sortie or three together. I am Thames Valley based so timing shouldn't be an issue. We would find a 'quiet area' away from the front line to fly and 'find your feet.' I'm sure we could persuade heggers to join us and give you his perspective as a newbie' pilot. I'm sure we will be able to answer many of your questions and pass over lots of tips, hints and tricks that might save you some frustration. If you fancy this just let me know.......you will need to download Team Speak ......free software that allows us to chat, coordinate and tell terrible jokes whilst flying together!

In the meantime check out the 'Manuals' to be found in the 'In Game Menu.' There is one for every aircraft, including your favourite! Cliffs is a steep learning curve and they can save you hours of time.)

Other than that...have fun and very good luck with your training. Salute!

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.3 KB

Welcome NG... I'm a fellow newbie and I can attest to the steep learning curve and also the friendly nature of the group. I'm usually online in the evenings (UK time) so happy to fly along if need be. The multiplayer is a whole new level to the game, and you'll probably need some guidance to get some pointers to the basics. Good luck and happy to help if I can.

4. Likes ATAG_JackMaxx, ATAG_Marlow liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Good man, Heggers!

P.s. Actually, NG.....with a name like Nicholson......it might be best to stay away from 110's for the time being! Salute!