Thread: First attempt at a DCS Cinemaitc

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

First attempt at a DCS Cinemaitc

It took me a small eternity to do, because of the DCS track files breaking. so had to make half a dozen pieces of the mission and do them separately for it all to work.

Win10 64. i7 13700kk @5.2ghz, 64gb DDR5 Ram, Asus GTX3090 24GB, Bruner Force feedback base with virpil stick, winwing super tarus thorttle, winwing combat and takeoff panel, MFG pedals. HP Reverb G2 v1. Nvida Driver 511.23

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    103.86 MB

Re: First attempt at a DCS Cinemaitc

Nice Video mate, and the Mossie one of my Fav in DCS, the track files in DCS have been crap for years they are meant as a debug tool rather than a track, best way I found is to Shadow play
    Target 4 'o' clock low

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    136.26 MB

Quote Originally Posted by EAF602_Red View Post
    Nice Video mate, and the Mossie one of my Fav in DCS, the track files in DCS have been crap for years they are meant as a debug tool rather than a track, best way I found is to Shadow play
    Shadowplay (or OBS) is great for in cockpit views, but they don't let you go back after the flight for different camera views. That's what the tracks would ideally be for in movie editing. Breaking tracks in DCS really limits video creators ability to make good cinematics.
    Spec: Intel i9 11900k overclocked at 5.3 GHz, Asus Maximus XIII motherboard, 64 GB high speed DDR4 RAM, ROG Strix RTX 4090, M.2 HD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS with center stick and extension, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder Pedals, Track IR 5 or HP Reverb G2, CH Throttle Quadrant, LG UltraGear 48GQ900 monitor.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Headshot View Post
    Shadowplay (or OBS) is great for in cockpit views, but they don't let you go back after the flight for different camera views. That's what the tracks would ideally be for in movie editing. Breaking tracks in DCS really limits video creators ability to make good cinematics.

Yes, it's a damned shame, given how "cinematic" DCS is. It's also one of the reasons I don't do many campaign videos. As the campaign missions are often like 1-3 hours long. So no chance of good external action shots.
    But ED has no interest in fixing it, if it's even possible, would probably be easier to make a new track recording system. 1 on 1 dogfights are usually the only thing that tracks can be used for, or very very short snippets, like I used in making of this video, the attack was only like 3 minutes long and I started the mission like 20 seconds away from the column. with the F14 you can just forget about it the track bugs out after seconds, no matter what you do with the track.
    Win10 64. i7 13700kk @5.2ghz, 64gb DDR5 Ram, Asus GTX3090 24GB, Bruner Force feedback base with virpil stick, winwing super tarus thorttle, winwing combat and takeoff panel, MFG pedals. HP Reverb G2 v1. Nvida Driver 511.23