Thread: New Member

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    459.48 MB

Hello Everyone. I started playing COD and BOS after christmas after buying them by chance in the last steam sale and instantly became fascinated by what has become my first time of playing flight simulations.
    I want to thank the ATAG site members for the tutorials and information that is out there it really is a great wealth of information. With all the help and videos I have been finding my way around in the Spitfire' Hurricane and BF109 in single player and have so far had a great deal of fun. It gives me the same feel I get when I play Chess !.
    I am pleased to be registered and a site member.
    Thank you all. Darkly987462.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: New Member

Welcome to the ATAG Forum and to Cliffs of Dover, Darkly!

Feel free to stop in often and ask as many questions as you wish; we're all here to help.

When you're feeling brave be sure to join us online on any of the servers. Be sure to download and install Teamspeak 3 (the price is right - it's free, as are our servers ). Keep an eye out for a chap named Marlow...he's absolutely wizard at getting new folks into the air. As I tell everyone, Marlow will show you everything you need to do; I will show you everything you shouldn't do! LOL

All to say, it's all about the fun!

Cheers,

Snapper

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Welcome to the ATAG Forum and to Cliffs of Dover, Darkly!

Keep an eye out for a chap named Marlow...

............and.... as if by magic....he appears!

Hi Darkly......welcome to the ATAG Forum and servers and to this very unique Community of ours. We are all mad keen on aviation here but particularly the aviation of WWII. It's true that on the servers we spend most of our time trying to kill each other but in all other ways we are an incredibly friendly bunch who just love to fly together and cooperate in sorties of all kinds, from fighter sweeps and interceptions to large bomber formation raids, deep in enemy territory. The aircraft we fly are classics of the war years, beautifully rendered by the Boffins at TFS and imbued with the same flight characteristics as the originals. You're right: it's all utterly fascinating!

I do remember how daunting it was when I first plucked up the courage to join a multiplayer server so do feel free to send me a message, either a PM (private message on the Forum) or below and we can arrange a 'meet up' online at a time convenient to both of us. I would be glad to give you 'my take' on the different servers, aircraft available and, of course, answer any questions you may have. We can find a quiet part of the map where we can practice and chat without....being shot at.....very much! Ha ha! It would be great fun! Just let me know.....no pressure.

In the meantime, have fun with Cliffs, keep us posted on your progress and we all hope to 'wing up' with you in the CLoD skies very soon! Good luck and......salute!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    459.48 MB

Thanks lads for the kind and warm welcome!. I could see this was a fine community and you certainly proved me right.
    Like I say I am just studying and learning in the single player at the moment but I will look forward to the server action in time. I mod a lot of other games for fun and I am interested in that creative aspect also!.
    Both of you and all members take care and have fun in the skies!.

Darkly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.87 MB

Moin Darkly and welcome here to CoD.

If you have any questions about CoD, you've come to the right place.

If you can't get help here, you can't get it anywhere else!
    Gruß Amarok

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    459.48 MB

Thank you mate!.

ATAG Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    2.3 KB

Hi Darkly

Welcome! I'm a new member also (also got the game for Christmas). I spent about a month playing the single player game then plucked up the courage to join multiplayer. We are a very friendly bunch and I was given a very warm welcome. The Multiplayer adds a whole new dimension, and there is plenty to learn, but it's also a lot of fun!
    Look forward to meeting you online.

cheers
    Heggers

p.s. always up for a game of chess online also

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    571.41 MB

Quote Originally Posted by atag_marlow View Post
    ............and.... As if by magic....he appears!
    Witch !!!

Burn him !!!!!

- ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO - i9-13900k - ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 4090 OC - 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600MHz -
    - CORSAIR 1200w HX Series PSU - Corsair H100x Hydro Series CPU Cooler -
    - Big Screen Beyond -

- Virpil T50 Mongoos Flight Stick -
    - TM Warthog Throttle -
    - Slaw Device 109 Cam Rudder Pedals -

Highseas Peripherals
    - Engine Switch Panel - Munitions Switch Panel - Throttle Quadrant Trim Box - Helicopter Collective - Analogue Brake Lever -

Operated by a 1972 Standard Issue Talking Monkey

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    459.48 MB

Thanks for the welcome Heggers!. If I get as much enjoyment playing in the multiplayer as I do in the single player and studying the tutorials then I think there will be plenty to look forward to. I can see from the videos I have watched that it brings a new element for the player and I will come along also in time.
    Glad you like to play Chess also. One of the first things I noticed about this game was the brain training factor. I think there are good health benefits from this type of study and I wish I had come to flight simulations sooner.

Take care all.
    Darkly.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Highseas View Post
    Witch !!!

Burn him !!!!!
    Warlock!!! or witlockch or something Burn they, them,
    other as applicable
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.