Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Update from Buzzsaw

Hi everyone,

An update from Buzzsaw which he posted last night:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...omment-1264406

Hello All

I hope everyone is enjoying a beautiful Spring after this strange winter.
    ---
    Team Fusion continues to make great progress towards completing the Visual Update as well as TF 6.0, our next DLC. We are also working on other DLC's in the development schedule.

The implementation of VR, trueSKY and Speedtree continues to make excellent progress, the many bugs we have encountered adapting these programs to the unique CLIFFS engine designed by Oleg Maddox has been a challenge but we are systematically addressing the bugs and issues and resolving them.

We have had a number of externally generated obstacles to overcome lately, one of which has delayed our release of patches and updates, both for the VR Beta and the release patch of BLITZ and TOBRUK.

This is the necessity for Team Fusion to take over responsibility for adding releases to Steam, and adding a Code Signing Certificate to our releases. What is a Code Signing Certificate?

To quote Wiki:

Code signing is the process of digitally signing executables and scripts to confirm the software author and guarantee that the code has not been altered or corrupted since it was signed. The process employs the use of a cryptographic hash to validate authenticity and integrity.

This is a requirement for all publicly released software which interacts with common 3rd party programs like Microsoft Windows. These programs require a guarantee the software which they interact with is not carrying viruses or other hacks.

In the past all TF's releases published by 1C used code signing software provided by 1C... but obviously 1C can not do that anymore. It was a bit of a surprise to find Fulqrum has decided they want TF to take over more responsibility for publishing releases, including uploading to Steam and adding the Code Signing Certificates. This has to be done with every single patch or update, no matter how small.

As prequisite for the purchase of Code Signing Software, the proprietary company requires proof the purchasing company and its executives are in good standing... this required TF to provide notarized documents, as well as encrypted details to Digicert, the author of the Code Signing software and have these verified by Digicert. And finally our programmers have to install the software and learn how to add the certificates to our releases.

This is the reason the community and the VR Beta have not seen any updates or releases in the past month or so. And this has also delayed some of our planned announcements.

The second factor is TF's role and our business relationship with our new partner Fulqrum. At this point it is clear there will be a number of changes, including as mentioned above, re. additional technical responsibilities for TF re. publishing releases, but also in addition some changes regarding the methods and systems to promote TF's work and releases... with Fulqrum at this point, indicating a willingness for the process to be more open and less hidden.

But all of this is still in discussion, so I can't be specific about exactly what changes will occur. All I can say is that Fulqrum has proven to be a very accomodating and friendly partner and TF is optimistic we can move forward.

All of the above discussions have been complicated by both the departure of Jason Williams, who was TF's main liaison and the gatekeeper for all our efforts and PR, and who continued in this role for a period under Fulqrum before leaving, and his replacement by Fulqrum staff, which has seen quite a few new faces appear in the partnership role... sometimes for a short while before being replaced by others. This has required restarting the process twice, and unsurprisingly, lengthened the discussion period needed to determine what if any, potential changes in the relationship of TF and its Publisher might be useful.

To summarize: TF continues to move ahead with our work and we are optimistic about the future.

As a final note, I will leave you with one image from our work in progress on an aircraft engine. This will be a bit of a puzzle for those new to this forum, but for those who are veterans, no surprise... since the aircraft this engine will power has been known as being a part of the TF 6.0 release for several years. Still a bit of puzzle for those who like clues. Note, the engine is obviously not finished... as can be seen from the fact only one of the cylinders has textures, and parts which are important for damage purposes are missing. Still viewers can get an idea of the detail to which the CLIFFS game and the TF 6.0 release does go. We do this because our very detailed damage model... which in the case of engines, could see the surrounding panels shot away, and various engine parts damaged or destroyed.

173517230.jpg

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.87 MB

Re: Update from Buzzsaw

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Hi everyone,

An update from Buzzsaw which he posted last night:

https://forum.il2sturmovik.com/topic...omment-1264406

As a final note, I will leave you with one image from our work in progress on an aircraft engine. This will be a bit of a puzzle for those new to this forum, but for those who are veterans, no surprise... since the aircraft this engine will power has been known as being a part of the TF 6.0 release for several years. Still a bit of puzzle for those who like clues. Note, the engine is obviously not finished... as can be seen from the fact only one of the cylinders has textures, and parts which are important for damage purposes are missing. Still viewers can get an idea of the detail to which the CLIFFS game and the TF 6.0 release does go. We do this because our very detailed damage model... which in the case of engines, could see the surrounding panels shot away, and various engine parts damaged or destroyed.

173517230.jpg
    Fw190A
    Gruß Amarok

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    197.43 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Amarok View Post
    Fw190A

My MSFFB is already stiff!
    "You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"

Win 11 Pro - I5-12600KF - 32GB Ram - RTX 3080 TI 12GB (non OC) - SSD Sata 970 GBB (System) - NVMe 980 GB (games storage) - Lenovo 27'' 144Hz - HP Reverb G2 v2 -
    WMR environment : Empty room (SkySpaces) - SteamVR resolution : 2192x2144 (48%)
    nVidia driver : 536.23

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy_Fly View Post

Now there's a visual I'm trying to purge from my head!!!!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    197.43 MB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Snapper View Post
    Now there's a visual I'm trying to purge from my head!!!!
    Keep shaking.
    Purge will occur soon!
    "You can teach monkeys to fly better than that!"

Win 11 Pro - I5-12600KF - 32GB Ram - RTX 3080 TI 12GB (non OC) - SSD Sata 970 GBB (System) - NVMe 980 GB (games storage) - Lenovo 27'' 144Hz - HP Reverb G2 v2 -
    WMR environment : Empty room (SkySpaces) - SteamVR resolution : 2192x2144 (48%)
    nVidia driver : 536.23

6. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    438.08 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Sleepy_Fly View Post

Take your hand off it and it'll go limp.

Daz

8. Likes ATAG_Highseas liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    45.82 MB

Win10 x64, i7-9700K CPU @ 3.60GHz, ASUS RTX 2080 Ti 11GB, 32GB RAM, 1920x1200 HD 24", Microsoft FFB2, Thrustmaster TPR, Throttle Saitek X65F, TrackIR5.
    VR: Reverb G2 and G1 (Windows Mixed Reality HMD), SteamVR res: 2192x2144
    Nvidia driver version: 537.58

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

Radial engine could be P47, it better be a P47, do you HEAR ME !!!!! Buzzsaw I want a P47, so there
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

11. Likes DerDa liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    98.49 MB

\o/ keep the good work !
    PC: MSI 1080ti Sea Hawk | Gigabyte Z170x Gaming 7 | Intel i5 6600k @4.2gz | Noctua dh-14 |Thermaltake Versa N21 | 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX ddr4 | Thermaltake tr2 rx 850w | 960evo NVMe SSD 250gb| 2 x 34` LG 34um67 | HyperX Cloud Stinger | Razer Deathadder v2| Trackir 4 | Microsoft ForceFeedback 2 | Ttesports Challenger keyboard |Windows 10 Enterprise x64 |

VR: REVERB g2 2160x2160 per eye
    Nvidia driver version: 536.23

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    180.32 MB

Obviously a BMW 801G-2 for the upcoming Ju-188 E
    skud
    i-9 11900KF@ 5.1 GHZ CPU Watercooled, 32GB Corsair vengeance@4133Mhz, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero (WiFi 6E) Z590 , MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080Ti, 2 x 1Tb Samsung NVMe 980 Pro, 43" Gigabyte Aorus FV43U QLED 4K monitor, GVL 224 Ju 88 Big Throttle, BAUR BRD-DS with KG-13A control column, MFG Crosswind Rudders, GVL224 Ju88 Trim Wheel Box, GVL224 Ju 88 Switch Panel, Blackhog SB-2, SB AE-9, Audeze LCD-GX headset, TrackIR5, Buttkicker Simkit + Buttkicker Gamer2, 2 x DSD Flight Panel 2s

14. Likes HenryLuebberstedt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    2.38 GB

A previous post by Buzzsaw:

"The aircraft that is up and flying is not a P-51.

But that does not exclude the possibility a P-51 might be in the next module... neither does it mean it is included.

The only aircraft I can confirm is to be included in the next module is the FW-190A-1/A-2/A-3... but it wasn't the aircraft that was recently up and flying... even so, that newly flying type was a completely new aircraft... so you know it wasn't a variant of an aircraft which was included in BLITZ or TOBRUK.

I promised the Butcher Bird would be included a long time ago... so I am not giving anything away by saying it will be included.

You can reduce the possibly candidates for what the newly flyable aircraft is by a process of deduction... although you can't be absolutely sure."
    "The needs of the Flight Sim Community outweigh the needs of the one or the few"

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    370.25 MB

Nice BMW 801
    Last edited by IIJG27Rich; Apr-13-2023 at 06:37.