Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Some amazing screen captures from the VR Visual Beta

Contributed by Gunfreak. Thank you!!!!

173517649.jpg

173517650.jpg

173517651.jpg

173517652.jpg

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    406.29 MB

Re: Some amazing screen captures from the VR Visual Beta

Hi everyone,

This is a fantastic video that Gunfreak has contributed taken from the Work-In-Progress Steam VR Visual Update. This video is where the amazing screen shots were captured.

A couple of notes:

1) Gunfreak's commentary includes some comparisons to some current combat flight sims. His opinions are his own and not necessarily shared by Team Fusion Simulations. That said, Gunfeak's feedback is always valuable to us.

2) Just a reminder that the current Beta is indeed a Work-In-Progress. Some visual glitches that are mentioned in this video are either being worked on or have been resolved and will be incorporated in a subsequent version. By its very nature this Beta is by no means a final product.

A sincere thank you to Gunfreak for providing us this video and the screen captures.

Cheers!

HP Omen Laptop 15, AMD Ryzen 5 5600H 16 GB DDR4 RAM, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060 Laptop GPU 6 GB VRAM Win 11 64 bit 22H2 (KB5020044), Nvidia GeForce Driver ver 527.56, TrackIR 5, Gear Falcon Trim Box, Gear Falcon Throttle Quadrant, TM16000 joystick, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Quadrant, Saitek Pro Combat rudder pedals
    VR: None
    Installation path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\IL-2 Sturmovik Cliffs of Dover Blitz

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.53 MB

Thanks for sharing great videos

4. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

I am so frustrated at being unable to do screenshots in the Vr Beta.Can you help me ?
    Thanks!
    Win11 home x64, i7-7700 @ 3.60, Asus 3070 8gb, 16gm ram, Monitor Samsung 23' 1650x1080, Reverb G2, Nvidia driver 522.25

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    908.31 MB

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    I am so frustrated at being unable to do screenshots in the Vr Beta.Can you help me ?
    Thanks!
    Turn VR off and make screenshots from the flat screen.

I think if you have two monitors you might be able to configure it. Someone posted a video recently that had that setup.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

I don't know about VR, so maybe talking nonsense again, but you I think you could just record all your beta flights (which is what you should do anyway in case you find a bug).
    Then later it should be possible to replay them on the screen to take screenshots.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Thanks!
    As mentioned, start the ingame recording.
    Play the track in flat and take pics. I record my track replay with OBS then take screenshots of my own captured video.
    Win10 64. i7 13700kk @5.2ghz, 64gb DDR5 Ram, Asus GTX3090 24GB, Bruner Force feedback base with virpil stick, winwing super tarus thorttle, winwing combat and takeoff panel, MFG pedals. HP Reverb G2 v1. Nvida Driver 511.23

9. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

At least as far as I've tried,I haven't been able to take screenshots ior vids in VR.Sometime ago I tried to record in VR and view vids without Vr to no avail.Perhaps if I recorded in VR and weny back to the default CloD install, then I might see the VR vid , but its a lot of trouble for something that still might not work...:
    Win11 home x64, i7-7700 @ 3.60, Asus 3070 8gb, 16gm ram, Monitor Samsung 23' 1650x1080, Reverb G2, Nvidia driver 522.25

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

At least as far as I've tried,I haven't been able to take screenshots ior vids in VR.Sometime ago I tried to record in VR and view vids without Vr to no avail.Perhaps if I recorded in VR and weny back to the default CloD install, then I might see the VR vid , but its a lot of trouble for something that still might not work...:
    You need to turn off the vr(graphics option) and then restart. Then you can watch the replay. I use obs studio to record the replay then take pics from the recording
    Win10 64. i7 13700kk @5.2ghz, 64gb DDR5 Ram, Asus GTX3090 24GB, Bruner Force feedback base with virpil stick, winwing super tarus thorttle, winwing combat and takeoff panel, MFG pedals. HP Reverb G2 v1. Nvida Driver 511.23

12. Likes ATAG_Snapper liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.23 GB

I have tried VR in a couple of games and find the graphics quality Vs 2d to be much lower. It would be helpful if players when putting up video said if video was recorded from mirror display or from VR HMD
    Don't let Grudges fester and poison your future happiness......get your revenge as quickly as possible.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_JackMaxx View Post
    I have tried VR in a couple of games and find the graphics quality Vs 2d to be much lower. It would be helpful if players when putting up video said if video was recorded from mirror display or from VR HMD
    It was captured using OBS OpenVR capture, so it caputes what I see, except it's slightly zoomed in, so lower quality narrower view than I have myself. The difference between mirror and actual graphics in vr is zero if you use the right headset.

15. Likes ATAG_Snapper, GR_Val liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    26.3 KB

April is long over, what's new?