Thread: Skin Folder designation question

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.72 GB

Skin Folder designation question

( Please feel free to move if I have placed this post incorrectly.)
    I have played this sim for a long time and have collected many skis over that time .They have been placed at different ties in the Steam apps version folder and in the SoftCub folder ( why I don't knoe?) My real questionis this :almost all the German aircraft hve two skin folders for each aircraft as[U];Bf-109E1[/U] and Bf-109E-1.I'm sure I don' need both - which can I delete? There are alot of them and most contain the same skins,and I 'd just like to clean up the skins folder as much as I can.Thanks!
    Win11 home x64, i7-7700 @ 3.60, Asus 3070 8gb, 16gm ram, Monitor Samsung 23' 1650x1080, Reverb G2, Nvidia driver 522.25

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    712.59 MB

Re: Skin Folder designation question

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzen View Post
    ( Please feel free to move if I have placed this post incorrectly.)
    I have played this sim for a long time and have collected many skis over that time .They have been placed at different ties in the Steam apps version folder and in the SoftCub folder ( why I don't knoe?) My real questionis this :almost all the German aircraft hve two skin folders for each aircraft as[U];Bf-109E1[/U] and Bf-109E-1.I'm sure I don' need both - which can I delete? There are alot of them and most contain the same skins,and I 'd just like to clean up the skins folder as much as I can.Thanks!
    There are two skin file locations :
    The main game folder includes a paint schemes folder. These are the skins that come with the game, and are game files ... and will remain if you uninstall and then reinstall the game. You can add files to this location if you like too.
    The other skin folders In your documents folder and this is where you should really be adding your own skins, and downloaded skins and any skins you have altered yourself. If you alter any of these files then you are not altering any of the game files. Back these up. If for some reason you need to delete this folder certain skins (non-TFS skins) will be lost for ever.

I haven't noticed any duplicated folders for the bf109, or other German planes, and haven't had any reports about them before. I will investigate this.

I have however submitted changes for the Hurricane and some other allied planes, but it I haven't checked if they have been implemented yet. That might only happen in a bigger game update/ release. ( I can't check my files just now, so don'tknow if the changes have been implemented yet).

These sort of changes requiring removal of game files is a bit more complicated than simply adding files to the game, so it might be a while before any necessary changes are made. Also they are not essential for the game to work ... so low priority.

You can check which skin folders work by copying one of the files in a folder and renaming it, then checking whether a file with that name loads in the game (see if it is available as a skin).
    Last edited by major_setback; May-08-2023 at 12:06.
    http://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=2673&dateline=1390351127

Principle skinner