Thread: Dieppe Raid

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Dieppe Raid

Hopefully once the Fw190 is in Clod, I can do this proper with the Mk V struggling against the A3 and A5 models, but in DCS with the Mk IX vs the bad A8 and terrible AI, It's a lopsided masscare of the1Germans.

Win10 64. i7 13700kk @5.2ghz, 64gb DDR5 Ram, Asus GTX3090 24GB, Bruner Force feedback base with virpil stick, winwing super tarus thorttle, winwing combat and takeoff panel, MFG pedals. HP Reverb G2 v1. Nvida Driver 511.23

2. Likes Little Bill, ATAG_Soldat liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

Re: Dieppe Raid

Quote Originally Posted by Gunfreak View Post
    Hopefully once the Fw190 is in Clod, I can do this proper with the Mk V struggling against the A3 and A5 models, but in DCS with the Mk IX vs the bad A8 and terrible AI, It's a lopsided masscare of the1Germans.

Lots of differences between the A-8 and the A-3.

A-8 was essentially focused on bomber destruction... A-3 was an air-superiority fighter.

A-8 had significantly higher wingloading... without any more speed. Lot more weight from guns and armor.

I think when players have a chance to fly the TF 6.0 FW-190A-3, it will be a bit of a revelation as to just how good the Wurger was in 1942.

And we will have the earlier A-1/A-2 versions as well... both with the lower power BMW-801C and in the case of the A-1, teething problems as the bugs in the new engine were worked out.

The FW-190A was the first of the new breed of piston engine fighters... with a focus on speed and lateral response and general high speed maneuverability.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by RAF74_Buzzsaw View Post

A-8 was essentially focused on bomber destruction... A-3 was an air-superiority fighter.

A-8 had significantly higher wingloading... without any more speed. Lot more weight from guns and armor.

I think when players have a chance to fly the TF 6.0 FW-190A-3, it will be a bit of a revelation as to just how good the Wurger was in 1942.

And we will have the earlier A-1/A-2 versions as well... both with the lower power BMW-801C and in the case of the A-1, teething problems as the bugs in the new engine were worked out.

The FW-190A was the first of the new breed of piston engine fighters... with a focus on speed and lateral response and general high speed maneuverability.
    Isn't the A8 almost a ton heavier than the A3, but with no more engine power. Of course it's gonna be a dog to fly.
    Win10 64. i7 13700kk @5.2ghz, 64gb DDR5 Ram, Asus GTX3090 24GB, Bruner Force feedback base with virpil stick, winwing super tarus thorttle, winwing combat and takeoff panel, MFG pedals. HP Reverb G2 v1. Nvida Driver 511.23

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    180.32 MB

Isn't the A8 almost a ton heavier than the A3, but with no more engine power. Of course it's gonna be a dog to fly.
    Depends on which A-8. The Sturbock version were vere heavily armored. Many earlier versions of the 190 were modified A-5, A-6) as Sturmbock as well. With non Sturmbock A-8s only the annular ring at the front of the cowling was thickened by a 1/4 inch. C-3 boost injection gave the A8 250 more HP than earlier versions for 10 mins. Main difference was weight from outboard MG 151s. But man, they pack a wallop.
    The big advantage for the 190 was solid control rods. These gave the plane instant reaction to pilot inputs, no slack to take up or stretch compared to cable controls. I spoke with Steve Hinton about it and he said the first time he took it up it was like "Whoa!" way quicker response than the 190 A-8N's from Flugwerk, totally different feel even though all the dimensions are the same. Flight sim builders never have taken that into consideration. The difference is analogous to rack and pinion vs. ball & caster steering.

skud
    i-9 11900KF@ 5.1 GHZ CPU Watercooled, 32GB Corsair vengeance@4133Mhz, ASUS ROG Maximus XIII Hero (WiFi 6E) Z590 , MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 3080Ti, 2 x 1Tb Samsung NVMe 980 Pro, 43" Gigabyte Aorus FV43U QLED 4K monitor, GVL 224 Ju 88 Big Throttle, BAUR BRD-DS with KG-13A control column, MFG Crosswind Rudders, GVL224 Ju88 Trim Wheel Box, GVL224 Ju 88 Switch Panel, Blackhog SB-2, SB AE-9, Audeze LCD-GX headset, TrackIR5, Buttkicker Simkit + Buttkicker Gamer2, 2 x DSD Flight Panel 2s

6. Likes 5th Hellrider liked this post
    Supporting Member emmett_grogan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    270.44 MB

.. and in the case of the A-1, teething problems as the bugs in the new engine were worked out.
    You spoil us.. 8~)
    What did you do in the war, daddy? How did you help us to win?

Circuits 'n' bumps 'n' turns, laddie, and how to come out of a spin..

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

I'm really dreadingh the time when the 190 will implemented, although I'd love to finally see it represented in a sim, the way it was in reality (and offline will certainly give it a try).
    I just wonder what the red side will get to stay at least halfways competitive.

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    I'm really dreadingh the time when the 190 will implemented, although I'd love to finally see it represented in a sim, the way it was in reality (and offline will certainly give it a try).
    I just wonder what the red side will get to stay at least halfways competitive.
    Well they said the TF 6.0 will go it august 42, which means we might just get the Spitfire IX

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    280.96 MB

Well they said the TF 6.0 will go it august 42, which means we might just get the Spitfire IX
    I know it's heresy but I'm a bit tired of Spits. (Please, please don't crucify me!!!)
    I'd love a Typhoon or even an early Mustang even better, but I'm not flying fighters most of the time anyways.

Supporting Member 9./JG52_J-HAT's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Total Downloaded
    266.37 MB

Derda, hopefully your wishes will come true. And also the Spit IX.
    That is my guess for TF6. Plus 109 early Gs.
    i7 13700KF @5.3 Ghz | RTX 4090 526.86 1440p | 32 Gb RAM 6000 | Win10 64 bit | TrackIR 5 | VKB Gunfighter III | MFG Crosswind V2 | Warthog Throttle | Reverb G2 100% SteamVR SS

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    108.53 MB

Quote Originally Posted by DerDa View Post
    I know it's heresy but I'm a bit tired of Spits. (Please, please don't crucify me!!!)
    No one escapes the Spanish Inquisition !!.... PUT HIM IN THE COMFY CHAIR
    System specs:
    Gaming laptop: Metabox P750ZM, CPU Intel i7-4790K @ 4GHz, GTX 980m with 8Gb DDR5 VRAM, 16Gb Dual channel DDR3 RAM, 2 x Samsung EVO 840 500Gb SSDs, Win10 Home 64bit.

Gaming PC: MSI PRO Z690 WIFI DDR5 mobo, Intel i5 12600KF cpu, 32Gb Corsair DDR5 5200Mhz RAM, Samsung 980 Pro 1 TB M2 SSD, Corsair 850w psu, MSI RTX 3070 8GB vram vid card, Windows 10 Home 64bit.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    1.25 GB

Quote Originally Posted by ATAG_Torian View Post
    No one escapes the Spanish Inquisition !!.... PUT HIM IN THE COMFY CHAIR
    Sentence him to fly the G.50 for one season. He'll change his mind for sure
    Gigabyte Z390 UD | i7 9700K @3.60GHz | 16.0 GB | Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti
    TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pro rudder pedals | TrackIR 5 | TeamSpeak 3.3.2 | TS Notifier 1.6.0h

14. Likes ATAG_Knight liked this post