Thread: Another new guy here!

Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    19.8 KB

Another new guy here!

I have been a fan of flight and race sims for over 30 years. I did quite a bit of flight simming in the nineties but got more into race sims until a few years ago when I got VR and “rediscovered” combat flight sims.

As a childhood enthusiast of the Battle of Britain, Cliffs of Dover ticked all the boxes in having the potential to be my perfect sim with the exception of VR, which is a must have for me. So I bought Cliffs of Dover in 2019, saw enough on a flat screen to be excited enough to patiently wait for VR support, which I am delighted to see is very close now!
    Inevitably I bought Tobruk recently so I could possibly get it a bit sooner - flight sim enthusiasts don’t really make for patient people in reality

Hearing of the opportunity for access to the VR Beta I spent the weekend honing the controls. The aircraft, look, sound and feel fantastic so I am ready for when VR drops!

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    226.63 MB

Re: Another new guy here!

welcome sir hop into the unfriendly skies of multiplayer and have a ball
    i7 2700 ,32 gigs, 4 ssd's ,1 7200rpm 2terabyte,1 samsung 55 display,2 mfd's,EDTRACKER,Warthog ,X55 stick, 7inch liliput monitor in mfd's 21 I-inc secondary display for instruments using virtual cockpit
    [*]iustus facere unus[*] JUST MAKE ONE ( FATAL ERROR) Commander TWC http://twcpilots.com

3. Likes Darkly987462, ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    46.87 MB

Moin PO_Baldrick and welcome here and on the servers!
    Gruß Amarok

5. Likes Darkly987462, ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    6.06 MB

Hi Baldrick.........another big 'welcome'to the ATAG Servers and Forum.

It's great to have another enthusiast here and you're going to find you fit right in with the rest of us 'aviation nuts!' Thanks too, for taking an interest in our exciting VR development, which will be a huge addition to the sim. I am using a 2k flat screen but with the addition of Track Ir I find there is still masses to 'be excited' about in the current sim and I am not in a hurry for VR.

Do jump on a server and come and join us for a sortie or three. We tend to use Team Speak (free software) for chat and mission cooperation (or Discord) and you'll find all the info you need on the Forum.

Get stuck in...have fun...and we hope to meet you (especially if you have 'a cunning plan' to defeat the Dastardly Blues! ) in the CLoD skies very soon! Salute!

7. Likes Darkly987462, ATAG_Knight liked this post
    Veteran Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    19.8 KB

VR is very subjective but I really struggle flying without it.

With sim racing I find VR adds immersion but makes no difference to my limited capability, lap times are identical and for competitive racing I would probably opt for triple screens to gain the peripheral vision.

I did try trackir many years ago but never really got on with it and when I first tried VR in DCS it was a revelation. So VR it has to be!

I have done a lot of multiplayer sim racing but not really ventured into the skies online, maybe that will change and Operation Certain Death has my name on it!

9. Likes Darkly987462, ATAG_Marlow liked this post