Thread: Issues

Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.31 MB

Issues

None of the bombers are flying correctly now and you have removed from the GUI the Spawn Script tick box. It seems we went three step back in this roll back and removed key pieces when is this going to get put back?

I have been at it this whole weekend to get bombers to fly correctly and have ZERO luck. Not sure what is going on but I have faith that things are moving in a correct direction. I was looking to fly a series of bomber hops and each one went crazier after the first smooth one. the bombers started flying stupid.

1 staying in formation consistently with what ever number is selected in formation.

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

Re: Issues

Quote Originally Posted by BlacKnight View Post
    and you have removed from the GUI the Spawn Script tick box.
    I hadn't noticed this but it does indeed appear to be the case. Could we please have it returned. Thanks.
    I am Yo-Yo not YoYo (that's someone else)

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

However I should note, my bombers seem to be behaving ok since the roll back (saw one collision between two aircraft of different groups). I haven't specifically tested them though, so maybe there is a new issue but it hasn't been apparent in some simple waypoint flying that I have had them on. (I did have to remove the suffix that we had had to add to waypoints though of course)

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    320.64 MB

We are looking at the best way to implement a solution to the formation flying problems.

Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    319.97 MB

Quote Originally Posted by BlacKnight View Post
    you have removed from the GUI the Spawn Script tick box.
    Uups? Definitely not intentionally. I'll check as soon as I'm back. You can still manually add it to the .mis file.

6. Likes BlacKnight liked this post
    Combat pilot
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    121.31 MB

Anytime I am over a set of five for a flight it is nuts. Yo-Yo what are you using for a plane skill setting and how many fights are you using per group?

Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Total Downloaded
    22.61 MB

I use this for AI bombers currently:
    Skill 0.53 0 0 0 0 0 1 1

and I use flights of 3 in vic formation, so a max of 3x3 in each group. I found any formation other than vic was a nightmare.

I prefer to use two groups of less aircraft to enable targeting different things on the ground and to give the option of different interceptors attackign the three groups seperately.

So in my 303Sqn and Hardest day campaigns I don't think I had more than three groups each with 9 aircraft in it in a single wave. But that was still up to 27 aircraft heading to a target, for the gameplay purposes I had in mind it was enough.

Don't get me wrong, if there is an issue present it needs fixing. I'm working on other aspects of missions at the moment so not currently best placed to tell if bombers are flying well or not.